ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Care & Detailing (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/automotive-care-and-detailing-122/)
-   -   Spilled milk in back seat...what are my options? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/automotive-care-and-detailing/874802-spilled-milk-in-back-seat-what-are-my-options.html)

carrwash13 12-07-17 07:57 AM

Spilled milk in back seat...what are my options?

So my daughter (unbeknownst to me) spilled her baby bottle in my backseat and it seems like a decent amount of milk is now inside my back seats (fell through the perforations). My car is starting to smell like rotten milk. Anyone know what my options are? Is it possible to take off the leather covers of a 2013 GS 350 F-Sport? Or am I better off just having Lexus try to fix it?

np20412 12-07-17 08:02 AM

I don't have any solutions but I'm following this thread. As a parent of a 10 month old this is quickly becoming one of my larger fears when I drive the little monkey around

Mike728 12-07-17 08:06 AM

Don't cry! :) (sorry, couldn't resist)

You should ask this question in the detail forum. That's a better place to ask this type of question. Good luck!

OneFunGS 12-07-17 08:14 AM

I wish I could help too. Maybe soak it in fabreeze and let it air out?

To prevent further spills and such, put a yoga mat under the car seat. Cheap insurance.

dchar 12-07-17 08:41 AM

Try pouring a bunch of baking soda and let it sit for a bit. Then vacuum it up.

shurik74 12-07-17 09:35 AM

Just remove bottom piece of rear seat, clean it with water (both sides), let it try for X days... then put it back.

It's easy to remove it... pull hard at the place right across front seat on each side, it's just a plastic clip holding up...

MustangSal 12-07-17 03:09 PM

Flamethrower.

If it's in the stitching, it might stay in the stitching without getting something on it to eliminate the rotten substance.

Might search the detail thread as some of those guys do recovery service (like after spilled blood or death).

Sal

Reston4GS 12-08-17 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mike728 (Post 10049461)
Don't cry! :) (sorry, couldn't resist)

You should ask this question in the detail forum. That's a better place to ask this type of question. Good luck!

This was my first response, “spilt milk”, don’t cry, come on...
But answer to the question is Leatherique... lotsa info on this forum about this fantastic leather product...

Clutchless 12-11-17 01:22 PM

You need to remove the seat and clean it and everywhere under it or it will only smell worse over time. If you cannot do it yourself, a body shop or detail shop should be able to handle it for you. I did this many many years ago when a carton of milk in a grocery bag leaked all over the carpet while sitting behind the passenger seat. I ended up removing the seats as it was to only way to remove the carpet. I had to hose down the carpet and replace the pad then scrub everything else. At least 1978 vehicles were much simpler to take apart....

2013FSport 12-11-17 02:08 PM

Plus 10 on pull the bottom cushion and clean under the seat.
If the seat really soaked anything in, it should be very isolated do to the angle.

Half gallon of OJ makes for a living habitat for fruit flies in the carpet. Leaked on way home from store years ago. I that case, popped rear seat, side molding and maybe passenger plastic, peeled up carpet, pulled out a rubber plug and soaked the carpet w soap and water letting most run out the plug hole. Pack it all with dry towels while driving and fan in the garage (windows down at night).
Reassemble car next weekend.

jtrue28 01-18-18 08:48 AM

Yeah, you need to remove the seat and clean it properly. Can only imagine what that will smell like in the summertime if you don't clean it.

Kids are not allowed to eat or drink anything in my car, other that water. For prevention of this exact scenario.

RedRum03 01-18-18 11:22 AM

Use a bio enzyme cleaner. Simple green or purple power will do the trick. Make sure you do not make contact with this on leather seats since it can potentially damage the dye. I'd advise to pull the bottom seat cushion out and spray on the effected area. Let it sit for a couple minutes to break down the smell/bacteria. Pour some hot water on it, scrub if needed then vacuum away. Please use a shop vac and not your household vacuum lol. Best of luck!

RA051724 01-18-18 01:23 PM

Oh yes, after its fixed, you may wanna consider a "no eating/drinking in the car" policy?

Coleroad 01-19-18 06:39 AM

Seriously people who are saying no eating or drinking policy. We are talking a baby bottle came open. People who are saying not to give your baby a bottle while out and about, obviously never had a baby. That or they never were the ones who had to worry about the baby.

jtrue28 01-19-18 08:50 AM

I have a child. But yeah, the GS is not for carrying kids around with. That is why my wife has the RX. When I transport our daughter, it's never for more than 30 minutes. She is 8 now. Turned out okay. #rolleyes.