Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Paintless door ding guys really work!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-17, 05:31 PM
Reston4GS
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Paintless door ding guys really work!

Hello everyone, I just purchased a used 2013 GS350 AWD that is in great shape except for a pretty good door ding that was on the driver side door that was 3” in a crescent shape that creased the paint.
Long story short, I rolled the dice with a guy here in Northern Virgina, not only being skeptical about dentless repair, but about some guy off Yelp. Well I’m starting this thread to let anyone else considering dentless repair that it worked amazing for me and rather than having that dent absolutely drive you bonkers every time you walk up to your car, roll the dice on dentless repair. The guy I tried came to my office and fixed the dent at my work in a little over an hour for $195. I can’t feel or see the dent from any angle, the only remenence is where the previous crease damaged the paint. I now need to fill the crack with the pearlescent layer and then seal it.
Old 11-17-17, 05:41 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,703 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Good to hear. Guy knew his stuff getting creases out is challenging.
Old 11-17-17, 06:01 PM
Reston4GS
Rookie

Older Korean guy who definitely was an artist, really knew his craft for sure! Husband and wife team, very efficient, I would definitely refer anyone in NOVA Northern Virginia to him.
Yelp Perfect Paintless Dent Removal Chantilly

Last edited by Reston4GS; 11-17-17 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-19-17, 07:04 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

A good PDR guy is almost priceless... it truly is an art form. Love watching those guys do their work. They make it look so easy.
Old 11-20-17, 11:01 AM
Reston4GS
Rookie

PDR, learn something new every day, just wish I had learned this lesson years ago, I dealt with a few very minor dings on my last ride that drove me crazy for years!
The following users liked this post:
Clutchless (11-21-17)
Old 11-21-17, 06:27 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,096 Likes on 935 Posts

They sound terrific and something I should have around for that next dent! I am in Northern Virginia in Kingstowne and would love to get their contact information. You can PM if you do not want to post it in the main thread. Thanks!
Old 11-22-17, 04:15 AM
Reston4GS
Rookie

All you have to do is Yelp “Perfect Paintless Dent Removal, Chantilly VA” their phone number is there.
The following users liked this post:
Clutchless (11-22-17)
Old 11-22-17, 08:34 AM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

I've used the Dent Wizard a couple times. What a fantastic job they do now days.
Years ago they would need to repaint the whole door or panel for hundreds.
My couple half dollar dents were about $100 each.
Old 11-23-17, 10:27 PM
Propulsion
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

I got my first door ding while parked at Best Buy several months ago. I parked a decent distance away from other cars and only spent 5-8 minutes inside the store. As I was walking towards my Lexus I noticed a large SUV parked next to it with a mom tending to a baby seat with the door wide open. I just knew she smashed my door because that’s what aloof soccer moms do in parking lots. When I got home, I walked to the passenger side and yep, there it was, a huge door ding.

I’ve managed to ignore it because it infuriates me everytime I look at it while walking to my car. I’m glad to hear this paint-less method works. I’ll get some estimates.
Old 11-30-17, 10:37 AM
Reston4GS
Rookie

Originally Posted by Propulsion
I got my first door ding while parked at Best Buy several months ago. I parked a decent distance away from other cars and only spent 5-8 minutes inside the store. As I was walking towards my Lexus I noticed a large SUV parked next to it with a mom tending to a baby seat with the door wide open. I just knew she smashed my door because that’s what aloof soccer moms do in parking lots. When I got home, I walked to the passenger side and yep, there it was, a huge door ding.

I’ve managed to ignore it because it infuriates me everytime I look at it while walking to my car. I’m glad to hear this paint-less method works. I’ll get some estimates.
Good luck, hopefully you'll be as pleased as I am.
Old 12-01-17, 05:25 PM
Reston4GS
Rookie

So as an update, I got a text from the owners today thanking me for the good review I gave them on Yelp! Disconcerning how they knew it was me, but a really nice follow up, and really solidifies my belief that they truely do take pride in their company.
Old 12-05-17, 11:45 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Reston4GS, good to hear of the great work they performed for you. Do you have any before & after photos of the dent?
Old 12-05-17, 03:27 PM
Reston4GS
Rookie

Originally Posted by RX469
Reston4GS, good to hear of the great work they performed for you. Do you have any before & after photos of the dent?
Unfortunately “No”, rookie move on my part! I will post an after photo though.
Old 01-19-18, 03:49 AM
Greatest
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep. Had a place here in Louisville remove hail damge. Looks absolutely flawless
Old 01-19-18, 08:56 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Had a small door ding on my driver side door. No paint damage, just the indented circular dent. I have no idea where it happened. I texted a photo to a local company here in Lexington. He charged me the minimum rate ($75), took him less than 15 minutes. Looks brand new, like it never happened. Absolutely amazing.

He had to put metal sheets around my window because of the double pane. He said if he didn't the window would likely smash. He went down the outside of the window to repair the dent.

Dent Tech of Lexington

Quick Reply: Paintless door ding guys really work!