Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Nightfall Mica Exterior Colour Dark?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-18, 03:07 AM
mitigator
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nightfall Mica Exterior Colour Dark?

I'm about to trade in a 9 year old Golden Umber Venza which has always had a stunning colour for me, for a 2018 RX 350. Problem is I thought I was sold on the RX 350 in Nightfall Mica (Dark Blue) and then I saw the colour at the Dealership last week on a Big LX (not an RX) and it really seemed disappointingly dark even in the sun - but it wasn't washed either. The Lexus Dealer says they are getting a RX next week in Nightfall Mica with Luxury Package. The only other colours I like are the Satin Cashmere which is a lot lighter than my Golden Umber Venza, as well as the Atomic Silver which seems a lot darker than in the You Tube Videos. In fact the Atomic Silver just seemed to be a kind of plain light grey colour.

On You Tube the RX in Nightfall Mica at times looks really stunning especially in bright sunlight and it has a kind of a purple fleck in the paint when really viewed up close!! So not sure what colour to choose but was leaning towards the Nightfall Blue. Even in some new 2018 RX L videos Lexus shows the vehicle looking great in the Blue Nightfall Mica. I guess it would be hard to keep clean but is the Nightfall Mica RX 350 really that dark at night? Decisions, decisions. Any comments would be very much appreciated.
Old 02-26-18, 05:58 PM
GSRockstar
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mitigator
I'm about to trade in a 9 year old Golden Umber Venza which has always had a stunning colour for me, for a 2018 RX 350. Problem is I thought I was sold on the RX 350 in Nightfall Mica (Dark Blue) and then I saw the colour at the Dealership last week on a Big LX (not an RX) and it really seemed disappointingly dark even in the sun - but it wasn't washed either. The Lexus Dealer says they are getting a RX next week in Nightfall Mica with Luxury Package. The only other colours I like are the Satin Cashmere which is a lot lighter than my Golden Umber Venza, as well as the Atomic Silver which seems a lot darker than in the You Tube Videos. In fact the Atomic Silver just seemed to be a kind of plain light grey colour.

On You Tube the RX in Nightfall Mica at times looks really stunning especially in bright sunlight and it has a kind of a purple fleck in the paint when really viewed up close!! So not sure what colour to choose but was leaning towards the Nightfall Blue. Even in some new 2018 RX L videos Lexus shows the vehicle looking great in the Blue Nightfall Mica. I guess it would be hard to keep clean but is the Nightfall Mica RX 350 really that dark at night? Decisions, decisions. Any comments would be very much appreciated.
its basically navy blue, its dark, if you want light blue you need to go ultrasonic blue 2.0, that color is so sexy
Old 02-27-18, 04:07 AM
mitigator
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply GSRockstar. I agree that ultrasonic blue would likely be brighter but that colour is only available here in Canada on the NX and Not the RX. I've sat in a NX and it looks like a very nice vehicle but it's a bit too cramped / tight for me. I hope to see a RX in Nightfall Mica and a few other colours next week.