have you guys ever gotten artillery fungus on your cars? - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Special Interest Forums > Automotive Care & Detailing
have you guys ever gotten artillery fungus on your cars? >

have you guys ever gotten artillery fungus on your cars?

Notices
Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

have you guys ever gotten artillery fungus on your cars?

Old 10-08-18, 12:53 PM
jimmyc13
Pole Position

Just tried something and it worked really well to get rid of the fungus fairly easily and safely without scratching the car! I used Turtle Wax Bug & Tar remover (spray bottle), in these steps. You'll also need a Q-Tip and a good quality soft cotton detailing cloth or microfiber cloth.

1) Shake bottle and slowly spray/ooze bug remover onto end of Q-Tip
2) Go around car and dab a small amount of liquid on each artillery "shot". Make sure there's enough to let the shot soak in the liquid.
3) Let it sit for 1-2 hours
4) Do not try to wash it off with the rag. I tried this and it makes it worse and smears the fungus! This is what you should do: gently use your finger nail to loosen/slide the fungus dot off of the spot it was stuck to. Once it's loosened, dab your finger onto it to get it off the car.
5) Then spray the cloth with some of the bug remover and rub in a circular motion. VOILA!
Old 10-09-18, 10:45 PM
patgilm
Lexus Test Driver

Wow I always have some of these dots on my cars and I never knew what it was or where it came from. Whenever I wash my car I always have to scrape off the dot with my finger nail but it always leaves a little stain that takes a little work to get rid of. Thanks for the post as now I know what it is. I wasn’t going to click on the thread But glad I did.
Old 10-10-18, 07:56 AM
Megafast13
Lexus Test Driver

Has to be polished off! Crazy stuff that is quite common in ohio area. Luckily I have ceramic coating on my vehicles so it's never an issue when I pressure wash them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: have you guys ever gotten artillery fungus on your cars?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: