Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

foam cannons

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-17, 08:23 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by tea
Thanks for all the responses. I ordered a $20 one first to test out and it started leaking already after just one use. So i was just wondering if i should just spend the extra $ to get the MTM hoping it doesn't leak/break after just a couple of uses. Does the MTM also foam thicker all else being equal (same amount of soap dilution and same pressure washer)?
If theres a lower near you they sell the gaskets in the power washer section it should be a variety pack of o rings which you can replace on your high pressure gun by using a universal wrench very easy. It should be five bucks after changing mine I've been fine seems like the one that came on the original was cheap and blew rather quickly causing the leak.
Old 07-26-17, 09:12 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by k20trick
True, I also clean my wheels everytime, but I can easily spend 1-1 1/2 hours fully cleaning the inner barrels only to find out. that the first drive they are toast again. I only clean the faces now with same rinse less solution for the paint, however if I go over 2 weeks or so then I need to brake out the acid and water to rinse off thoroughly.
I only clean the face and lips during regular washes, and I clean the barrels whenever the wheels are off the car (which seems to be often). I'm not comfortable with the idea of using the rinseless solution to clean the brake dust off my of rims. By brake pads dust a lot in the front and rear, but they suit my driving preferences.
Old 07-26-17, 09:18 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I only clean the face and lips during regular washes, and I clean the barrels whenever the wheels are off the car (which seems to be often). I'm not comfortable with the idea of using the rinseless solution to clean the brake dust off my of rims. By brake pads dust a lot in the front and rear, but they suit my driving preferences.
I understand, a lot of the people I work with are also skeptical about the whole rinse less ordeal however on Honda civics hybrids some none performance cars that does not accumulate as harsh of a brake dust from high performance brakes, you can simply use a damp mf, spray the rinse less, scoop up the dust, rinse and repeat and it works great.
Old 08-18-17, 10:05 AM
ABbirds
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

what is rinse less method?

If I go for the foam gun, do I still need to wash the car with the mitt?
Old 08-18-17, 10:13 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ABbirds

Yes you still need to use a mitt.
The following users liked this post:
ABbirds (08-18-17)
Old 08-18-17, 10:30 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by ABbirds

I use a foam gun to pre-soak, and loosen any dirt. Rinse off. Foam gun again, then do 2 bucket method.
The following users liked this post:
ABbirds (08-18-17)
Old 08-18-17, 10:56 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Well my old pressure washer broke down and no replacements parts were available so I put it to rest. She did a great job for the money and lasted hundreds of hours without any issues. Replaced it with a unit from a commercial tool supply store that also services them and has replacement parts and upgrades if required. They also tossed in a foam cannon with a little adapter that replaces the plastic piece making it a snap to take on and off. I can't believe how far this unit can shoot foam, maybe a little too far. It does fan out making it a quick and easy job to cover a vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails foam cannons-ar390ss-s2-r01-c23.jpg   foam cannons-pwfl803bc_002.jpg  
Old 08-18-17, 11:06 AM
ABbirds
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks.

anyone use Adam's Polishes or Zaino products, and how good are they?
Old 08-18-17, 12:07 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Adam's make some good products, but I no longer use them due to ease of access. I used to use Zaino and found they worked well but was a little more labor intensive and needed to cure, sort of. Both good products, can't go wrong.

Mostly use now, Meguiars, Menzerna, Wolfgang, 3M and Klasse. For waterless cleaning ECH20
Old 08-19-17, 08:21 PM
Propulsion
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

I watch foam cannon videos on Instagram.
I find it oddly soothing for some reason.