Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Wash recommendations? (Chemical Guys, Adam's Polishes, etc.)

Old 06-28-17, 04:58 PM
johnnyle
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wash recommendations? (Chemical Guys, Adam's Polishes, etc.)

I have a black 2014 GS350 F-Sport and currently use Meguiars gold class car wash. A friend told me about Chemical Guys and as I was searching I also found Adam's polishes. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with other brands and any other recommendations on car wash shampoos, leather cleaner, etc. etc. Any help would be great!
Old 06-28-17, 07:07 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Ammo NYC. Products aren't cheap, but they're legit.

There is also Zaino.
Old 06-28-17, 11:13 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

The Meguiars Gold Class soap is already a very good soap.. probably one of the best deals around. Unless you're looking for something specific, I would keep on using it.
Old 06-29-17, 05:39 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 530 Likes on 386 Posts

I'm new to Adams products and bought a bottle of their H20 & Ceramic Boost. I'm totally impressed with both and will be a lifetime customer. The H20 actually saves time when washing the car and makes the finish look amazing. These 2 products work best on paint that is already corrected.
Old 06-29-17, 08:51 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
The Meguiars Gold Class soap is already a very good soap.. probably one of the best deals around. Unless you're looking for something specific, I would keep on using it.
+1
Can't go wrong with Gold Class. Just a great overall soap for the price. If you're like me, and you always do two separate buckets per wash, plus a pre-soak gun, it can get kinda spendy over time. Great bang for the buck.
Old 06-30-17, 01:32 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

I also use Meg's Gold Class. I put some in a foam gun as a pre-soak, then proceed with 2-Buckets w/ gold class. After that I use spray wax as a drying aid.

Results: my car will stay looking nice and clean for like ONE day! Before getting crapped on my bugs and other containment. (I have a white car, smh).

Off topic, if anyone has a solutions to prevent bugs (bees) to stop taking a sht on your car, please advise! It looks like yellow dots all around the car.
Old 06-30-17, 01:53 PM
2008GS
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Can anyone CONFIRM if using a silicon water "blade" (for water removal after washing) will strip the wax? It doesn't bead as well as I think it should. Blade works by friction, so it makes sense that it would reduce wax coating?
Old 07-02-17, 04:41 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Use a leaf blower.
Old 07-02-17, 01:07 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 2008GS
Can anyone CONFIRM if using a silicon water "blade" (for water removal after washing) will strip the wax? It doesn't bead as well as I think it should. Blade works by friction, so it makes sense that it would reduce wax coating?
I honestly would't wanna use these. IF any left over dirt, you will be dragging it along the paint.
Old 07-02-17, 01:28 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

You could easily figure this out for yourself, and use it on half the car, then dry the other half of the car like normal.
Old 07-03-17, 03:44 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts
Thumbs up

Just use *clean* damp microfiber(s) to dry your car, figure if they are safe to buff off wax they should also be ok to dry the paint too... I like to go one direct and scoop up the water instead of wiping everywhere this allows you to work more efficiently..

IMO those water blades and leather shammy's are a thing of the past, at least for drying paint...
Old 05-02-18, 01:42 PM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I've been using Zymol Auto Wash with my foam cannon. Like the others have stated with the other products, the foam is really just a good first step in the washing process. After the Zymol in the foam cannon (2 oz or so), i put a capful into a bucket and hand wash with a lambs wool hand towel. Check out YouTube for visual comparisons on the various soaps and how much they sub up. I've watched more than I should.
Old 05-03-18, 03:43 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Pinnacle

Whether we know it or not, we're all Brand Loyalists (ie Lexus) and each believe the products we use to be the best. Therefore, I'm sharing what's worked the best for me over the last decade. The definition of it means "The most successful part, the culmination" which is the Brand Pinnacle.

*Just removed my own Hyperlink to Pinnacle products at AutoGeek. 😎

I just saved 35% off what would've been a $330 order at what I believe to be the best place to shop for ANY brand you choose to care for your precious Lexus - AutoGeek. That 35% was obtained just by being on their email feed, where they run so many BOGO and Brand Specials than you'll ever find. Now THAT even beats Amazon Prime in many cases!

Just sharing what works best for me. Brand new 2017 Lexus RCF & RX350, coupled with Pinnacle Products and AutoGeek.

Semper Fi !

Gunny out.....

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 05-03-18 at 03:54 AM.
Old 05-03-18, 03:50 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by DDLexus
I've been using Zymol Auto Wash with my foam cannon. Like the others have stated with the other products, the foam is really just a good first step in the washing process. After the Zymol in the foam cannon (2 oz or so), i put a capful into a bucket and hand wash with a lambs wool hand towel. Check out YouTube for visual comparisons on the various soaps and how much they sub up. I've watched more than I should.
This is something I'm very interested in trying out! I've always wondered what the true payoff is to using a Foam Gun over other methods of washing. I assume like many things, the up front cost is high, yet the ultimate payoff is good?
I'll definitely read more, but how can just foam, without any agitation or wiping, truly remove dirt and matter that's really on the surface? (Check that: just read you used Lambs Wool Mitts) Just one capful eh?

No doubt there are many different soaps to choose from which are meant for PPF & Ceramic Coatings - correct?

Anxious to learn more about this method. Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-03-18, 04:11 AM
ALL4SPL
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I also use Meg's Gold Class, I have tried several different brands but none for the price come close to the suds or slickness of gold class, I also use the two bucket method. I personally use a synthetic shammy called Absorber, I have used them for years. They last a LONG time, and if they get dirty you can simply hand wash them with dawn and rinse and they are like new. Since I just purchased my 17 ES I did a quick once over on the car after I got it home. Clay barred the entire car with Megs clay and lubricant, then used Chemical guys Black Light, followed by a 30 min cure time, then a coat of Meg's Ultimate Wax, and finally after that had cured a quick once over with Meg's D156 quick synthetic wax spray. The paint is smooth as glass and love bugs come off with a small amount of spray detailer and a microfiber cloth.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wash recommendations? (Chemical Guys, Adam's Polishes, etc.)