ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Care & Detailing (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/automotive-care-and-detailing-122/)
-   -   GRIOTS: What Do You Have & Is It Worth It? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/automotive-care-and-detailing/85602-griots-what-do-you-have-and-is-it-worth-it.html)

///MDex 06-05-03 06:49 AM

GRIOTS: What Do You Have & Is It Worth It?

Looking through the Griots website recently, and there area a few goodies I might like to have. BUT, can’t these items be found for about %25 less or more at your local Target or Wal-Mart?

///MDex 06-09-03 12:44 PM

So I guess not.................

redgs4 06-09-03 04:33 PM

Bought a pile of stuff but have not used it yet, so I can't tell you if it's worth the $$$$. Hope to get some time tomorrow to wash, clay, polish, wax and wax [yes, two wax] the GS. I have had good luck with other brands but wanted to give this stuff a try. Started out buying the porter cable orbital and got a little right finger happy clicking on other stuff to purchase.:D

KayGee 06-10-03 05:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I love this stuff from Griots Garage:

It makes black leather look like it should. The only problem is that it is pretty greasy at first. I usually put it on at night and wipe it off the next morning.

RON430 06-10-03 11:51 AM

Besides the usual stuff that you can't resist, the things I really like from Griot are the three grades of machine polish for use with the PC polisher and the undercarriage dressing. I get in and clean the inner fender wells, shocks, suspension, etc., everytime I wash and then finish up with the undercarriage spray which returns them back to shiny dark black. I also have their hand polish and it is fine for those little jobs. Other than that, I order for convenience because a good deal of the rest of their products can be gotten less expensive elsewhere. But what they carry is very good and normally you won't get any surprises buying from them. Delivery is usually very good as well.

redgs4 06-15-03 12:06 AM

Finally got around and did the clay, polish and wax using the Griot's stuff. Couple of observations: first, be very careful about how much of either the polish or wax you use. I used far too much of both [put it on a bit thick using the orbital, it was hard to tell using the lights in my garage] and both were nearly impossible to remove. For the polish I ended up having to rewash the car. Despite having learned from the polish I still had too much wax and it was a royal pain to get off. Second, the wax is ok but nowhere near the "wet" look I got from using the Meguire's gold class. Bit of a difference was I did use the meguire's glaze last time around.

This was clearly a learning experience for me [combination of the new orbital and new wax] and the next time around should be a lot easier. I'll try the meguire's glaze in between the Griot's polish and wax next time.