Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Turtle Wax Black Box/Black Detailer

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-17, 06:37 AM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Turtle Wax Black Box/Black Detailer

Anyone used this yet? Not exactly interested myself as I don't really need to use wax at the moment, but for those obsidian owners, you know that unless you're on a ceramic, you're looking for the easiest solution.

Just for the discussion, I watched some vids and it looks like TW is adding a new step to the age-old "apply, let haze, wipe off" by adding the use of their Black QD to wipe off the hazed pre-wax AND carnauba wax. For reasons only sensible to overuse of the QD, maybe trying to saturate the paint with black dye(?), would thy say to spray QD on top of the waxes prior to wiping it off. Does that make sense?

Mixed reviews.

Thoughts?
Sal
Old 02-07-17, 11:05 PM
blkisf7
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Would never use any "wax" from Turtle Wax. Their products are the epitome of the "cheap Autozone" products that you always hear detailers complain about. If you are looking for a solid wax, I would recommend Collinite 845. Rave reviews and it works well. Other than that, Adam's Polishes Buttery Wax works as well. Stay away from lower end brands like Turtle Wax or Armorall as they really aren't that great and in my opinion, a waste of money. The obsidian paint is super delicate and I have found that using higher end products does help.

Hope this helps