Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

CarPro Reload

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-16, 07:50 PM
Luffy808
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CarPro Reload

Hey members,
I am interested in this product and have read most of the information about it, but still need some questions answered.
1) After cleaning my car and applying carpro reload, can I apply was after wards? Or is there no need for wax?
2) Any cons to using this product? I heard you have to check where you wiped the product off to make sure there is no hazy residue.
any other information would greatly appreciated! Thanks for a great forum!
Old 11-21-16, 05:25 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

1 - There is absolutely no need for a wax... CarPro Reload is a spray on sealant, so applying a wax is redundant.
2 - Not really. There have been some quality issues over the past few years that had created a product that was quite difficult to use, but it has since been resolved. The newer bottles dated 2016 have been easy to use based on the one I have. The trick is to not over apply the product. Simple spray a small amount of product onto a plush towel and then wipe it onto the vehicle. Use a 2nd towel to gently buff away excess product, and you're done. It takes no more than 15 minutes to go around a mid-sized car.

Product Review: CarPro Reload Si02 Quartz Spray Sealant by James Melfi

Other similar products are: GTechniq C2 V3 (<- my new favorite) and 22ple VS1
Old 11-21-16, 09:28 AM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have a black car, remember to dilute it. I also found it easier to apply if there was still a little water left on the car too.
Old 11-21-16, 01:02 PM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have used Reload on my IS350 and most recently my Tacoma. The Tacoma was treated in about 50 degree weather...no issues what so ever with streaking. Follow the directions on the label and do smallish sections at a time, and you shouldn't have any issues. As Zach stated, the product is pretty simple to use and not time consuming.

As for applying wax, I personally do not. However, I do use a quick detailer spray when drying the vehicle in subsequent washings. Not sure if it provides extra protection, but I use the QD simply for the extra lube it provides during drying/wiping down the paint after a wash.
Old 11-23-16, 01:28 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

i love carpro's reload. i have cquartz finest on my car and reload makes the shine pop that much more. it's really a great product to have in your garage.