Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Help! Stained my leather!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-16, 08:29 AM
MikeyGS200
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Stained my leather!

Hey Everyone,

So i messed up pretty bad and can use some help.

I left a BLACK! candle on my seat for a few hours the other day and it left a stain on my seat! (Pics attached)

There is no actual wax for me to peal off it just seems to be stained, ive tried the basics- Dove soap and water, mr clean magic eraser.

My next idea is to try oxyclean, or maybe i was thinking a fabric steamer. but i dont want to be too harsh on the leather.
I called Stanley steamer but they said they cant be of any help.

Any help or advise is much appreciated!! i just got this car a month ago :-(

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Help! Stained my leather!-img_5587.jpg   Help! Stained my leather!-img_5588.jpg   Help! Stained my leather!-img_5589.jpg  
Old 09-10-16, 10:41 AM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Try leatherique
Old 09-10-16, 11:43 AM
MikeyGS200
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by popping
Try leatherique
Thanks, i will check amazon now
Old 09-10-16, 12:58 PM
popping
Lead Lap

Or leather masters
Old 09-11-16, 06:21 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

If a Magic Eraser did not do the trick, you may be in for some bad news.... a Magic Eraser is like using ultra fine sand paper on your leather (aka a very aggressive cleaning approach).

You may want to try steam in an attempt to open up the leather before cleaning, and you may also want to look into repair/redye kits in case you have to apply color over this area.
Old 09-12-16, 05:43 AM
MikeyGS200
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
If a Magic Eraser did not do the trick, you may be in for some bad news.... a Magic Eraser is like using ultra fine sand paper on your leather (aka a very aggressive cleaning approach).

You may want to try steam in an attempt to open up the leather before cleaning, and you may also want to look into repair/redye kits in case you have to apply color over this area.
Thanks for the advice, I ordered a fabric steamer along with some different cleaners and conditioners that will be delivered today. I will post the results afterwards
Old 09-12-16, 07:35 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,096 Likes on 935 Posts

I did something similar by getting in the car with tar on my jeans. After removal, there was no longer any finish on the parchment seat where the spot was, right in the middle of the seat where it is ventilated. I got this kit from http://www.leatherrenew.com/ and basically repainted or refinished the leather. It looked as good as new when I was done. Even those terrible bolster cracks as I redid the entire seat bottom so it would all match. I then refinished the passenger seat and the seats in my HS250h and all look new again. Color match was perfect. Just be prepared to use a pin to open up an ventilated holes that may have paint in them! I applied it with a small disposable foam brush.

I later cleaned them with Leather Masters Strong Cleaner and treated them with Leather Masters Leather Protectant to keep them looking better longer and reduce blue jean transfer as these were recommended in the forum. So far so good.

Last edited by Clutchless; 09-12-16 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-04-16, 08:03 AM
aladdin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Clutchless
I did something similar by getting in the car with tar on my jeans. After removal, there was no longer any finish on the parchment seat where the spot was, right in the middle of the seat where it is ventilated. I got this kit from http://www.leatherrenew.com/ and basically repainted or refinished the leather. It looked as good as new when I was done. Even those terrible bolster cracks as I redid the entire seat bottom so it would all match. I then refinished the passenger seat and the seats in my HS250h and all look new again. Color match was perfect. Just be prepared to use a pin to open up an ventilated holes that may have paint in them! I applied it with a small disposable foam brush.

I later cleaned them with Leather Masters Strong Cleaner and treated them with Leather Masters Leather Protectant to keep them looking better longer and reduce blue jean transfer as these were recommended in the forum. So far so good.
Hi mate

I want to order a KIT from www.leatherrenew.com But the thing is, I have no idea what is the exact colour code of my RX 350 - 2011 interior to get, could you help me a little mate ? Well, my RX's leather colour is exactly the same with OP !

Thanks mate !
Old 10-04-16, 05:37 PM
popping
Lead Lap

You must not have looked hard enough. Enter your VIN

http://www.leatherrenew.com/leatherColor.php
Old 10-05-16, 07:49 AM
Clutchless

The seats in the first post appear to be Parchment (tan or beige) which is Leather Renew color code 2134. Their chart is easy to follow as it lists models and model year ranges. Do not rely on the colors in the PDF, go by the names. In 2011 for an RX there were only 3 colors, Parchment, Black and a Gray, which I do not know the official Lexus name of, but it may be the Light Gray on their chart. Again, you can work it out by process of elimination or enter your VIN.
Old 11-06-16, 09:09 AM
MikeyGS200
Driver School Candidate

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all your tips,
I cleaned and steamed and tried multiple different products with no luck at all :-(

So, i ended up buying re-dye from http://magicmender.com, it wasn't a perfect solution but it defiantly helped ALOTTT (pic attached).

It looks kinda shiny but im hoping after a few weeks of people sitting it will dull it out a-little.
Considering how bad it was, im happy with the turnout and my eyes dont really notice a big black spot every time i get into my car.

Old 11-07-16, 11:15 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We're you able to try the magic eraser? That stuff works wonders.
Old 11-08-16, 07:53 AM
Clutchless

It looks like you need to do another coat to hide the stain. Why did you select Magic Mender over Leather Renew?
Old 12-30-16, 05:59 AM
SeatDoctor
Driver School Candidate

+1 on doing another coat. Also try spraying on the dye instead of wiping it on. You can get a Preval sprayer from Lowes for about 8 dollars that will turn the dye into an aerosol.
Old 01-07-17, 01:43 PM
darylrsv4
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had good luck with rubbing alcohol, but rub gently as it will remove color if too aggressive. Follow up with your favorite leather conditioner.

Quick Reply: Help! Stained my leather!