Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Special Interest Forums > Automotive Care & Detailing
Has anyone found the perfect "New Car Scent" Air Freshener? >

Has anyone found the perfect "New Car Scent" Air Freshener?

Notices
Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Has anyone found the perfect "New Car Scent" Air Freshener?

Old 08-31-16, 01:26 PM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Has anyone found the perfect "New Car Scent" Air Freshener?

I love my new RX 450H F Sport new car scent... I would bottle it if I could

I know there's a ton of products out there claiming they offer new car smell. But can anyone recommend a product that comes close to the real thing based on your experience/use? Thanks Guys!
Old 08-31-16, 01:27 PM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Default Has anyone found the perfect "New Car Scent" Air Freshener?

Has anyone found the perfect "New Car Scent" Air Freshener?I love my new RX 450H F Sport new car scent... I would bottle it if I could

I know there's a ton of products out there claiming they offer new car smell. But can anyone recommend a product that comes close to the real thing based on your experience/use?

Thanks Guys!
Old 08-31-16, 01:35 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

For me the perfect scent is a nice clean interior with no additional fragrances added. Some passengers may not care for floral, spice, colognes etc. or may be sensitive to them. Just IMO of ccourse.
Old 08-31-16, 01:46 PM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Ya, just put some Lexol leather cleaner & conditioner on your seats and the interior will smell like new.
Old 08-31-16, 01:52 PM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by skiracer View Post
Ya, just put some Lexol leather cleaner & conditioner on your seats and the interior will smell like new.
Tried, this on my previous RX after the new smell wore off. In my opinion, Lexol smells nothing like leather. Almost like an oily lotion. Thanks though.
Old 08-31-16, 01:54 PM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexBob2 View Post
For me the perfect scent is a nice clean interior with no additional fragrances added. Some passengers may not care for floral, spice, colognes etc. or may be sensitive to them. Just IMO of ccourse.
Agreed. I keep my car super clean at all times. That is why I want it to be a new car scent not some other cologne type of smell.
Old 08-31-16, 04:44 PM
satiger
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I have been using these two with moderate success;
Old 09-01-16, 12:50 AM
dicer
Lexus Champion

Received 75 Likes on 70 Posts

I have never found one branded as new car sent to even come close. Maybe spray a little bit of krylon paint in a small cup and let it sit in the car. All the other sents are watered down chemicals. Though I bought a detailed car 2 years ago and wish I knew what it was they used, I tossed the little sent deal and wish I would have studied it better. Its really a nice smell.
Old 09-01-16, 06:48 AM
ggebhardt
Lexus Champion

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts

The "gassing" from new vehicles not just part of the aging process on newer vehicles. Studies have show it is not good and can cause health problems.
Old 09-01-16, 07:20 AM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by satiger View Post
I have been using these two with moderate success;
Thanks for the suggestions... I think I will give the Griot's Spray a try.
Old 09-01-16, 09:15 AM
satiger
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JosersRX View Post
Thanks for the suggestions... I think I will give the Griot's Spray a try.
You are welcome. If you car still has new car smell, I would suggest using Lederpflege Einszett 1Z Leather Care to continue to extend that smell. Its a good leather cleaner/conditioner as well gives out good smell. My 2012 LS still has new smell and will try to hold that as much as I can. Once that's fades away, that's when I will start using Griot's Garage Leather Scent in between leather cleans. Good luck!.
Old 09-01-16, 09:51 AM
JosersRX
Pole Position

You are welcome. If you car still has new car smell, I would suggest using Lederpflege Einszett 1Z Leather Care to continue to extend that smell. Its a good leather cleaner/conditioner as well gives out good smell. My 2012 LS still has new smell and will try to hold that as much as I can. Once that's fades away, that's when I will start using Griot's Garage Leather Scent in between leather cleans. Good luck!.
The Einszett product link you gave me is out of Australia and can't be shipped to the US. Are you in the US? If so, where have you been able to buy from?
Old 09-01-16, 10:03 AM
satiger
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JosersRX View Post
The Einszett product link you gave me is out of Australia and can't be shipped to the US. Are you in the US? If so, where have you been able to buy from?
I am in US. I purchased this few years back in US, don't remember the online store though. When I searched for this product yesterday, I started seeing black bottle which may be the newer version of what I have - but I am not sure. Just found a review of what I use at http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ther-care.html . The first picture in the review is the bottle I have.

You might want to do some research on that. Or you could ask autogeek.net store guys. Appreciate if you can update this thread with your findings as might need a new bottle in few month : ) : )
Old 09-01-16, 10:18 AM
JosersRX
Pole Position

I am in US. I purchased this few years back in US, don't remember the online store though. When I searched for this product yesterday, I started seeing black bottle which may be the newer version of what I have - but I am not sure. Just found a review of what I use at http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ther-care.html . The first picture in the review is the bottle I have.

You might want to do some research on that. Or you could ask autogeek.net store guys. Appreciate if you can update this thread with your findings as might need a new bottle in few month : ) : )
I was able to do a search off the link you just provided and found it. Here is the link if you will like to order a new bottle:

http://www.odonnellsautoparts.com/ei...rt-ein-924805/

It comes to less than $25 a bottle. I may order a bottle since you swear by it
Old 09-01-16, 11:27 AM
satiger
Lexus Test Driver

Your link gets to a different bottle, not sure same product with new bottle?.

However, what I have/use is attached;
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone found the perfect "New Car Scent" Air Freshener?-limg.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anyone found the perfect "New Car Scent" Air Freshener?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: