Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

SF/Peninsula/Bay Area people

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-16, 04:17 PM
tc1728
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SF/Peninsula/Bay Area people

I have a body shop here in San Mateo and a lot of my customers have been asking me about paint protection. What does everyone think of Ceramic Pro? Trying to see if anyone has experience with them before I order a set to try myself. TC
Old 08-03-16, 06:44 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I have no experience with the actual products, but my previous experience with the company itself is enough reason for me to never want to do business with them. Ceramic Pro is known throughout the detailing community for having representatives and installers who spread a lot of false information and wild claims to gain business. Also, their warranty (like all coating warranties) is nonsense, and nothing more than a marketing scam in my opinion. Even if the product is a good one, I'd recommend seeking another professional organization to be affiliated with due to the reasons mentioned above (keep in mind all of this is my personal opinions based on my personal experiences with the company throughout the past few years)

Instead of buying into a professional organization like Ceramic Pro right away, have you tried any of the outstanding nano coating products that are readily available to consumers? Products like 22ple VX3, GTechniq Crystal Serum Light, Optimum Gloss Coat, CarPro CQuartz, etc. You can provide your customers with great protection without having to belong to an organization. If you find a brand that you're particularly fond of, they all have professional coatings available for authorized installers if you wish to pursue that route.

-Zach
Old 08-03-16, 11:56 PM
tc1728
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the heads up, if I were to decide on a protective shield/coating company, I would definitely have it applied on my personal car before first before comfortably recommending something to anyone.