Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Permanent Tire Protectant

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-15, 01:29 PM
Permagloss
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Permanent Tire Protectant

Permagloss is a Permanent Tire Protecant that provides a rich, glossy shine that can last the life of your tires and so much more:

• Deep, Lustrous Shine
• Completely Dry to the Touch
• Won't Wash, Wipe or Sling Off
• Water Proof, Weather Proof
• Eliminates Tire Browning
• Protects Against Ultra Violet Rays
• Eliminates Ozone Damage and Oxidation
• Repels Brake Dust and Dirt
• Contains No Silicone or Petroleum
• Can Last the Life of Your Tires

Permagloss Permanent Tire Protectant is unlike any other tire dressing or tire shine product on the market. First, Permagloss provides a rich, glossy shine that can last the entire life of your tires … a feat no other product has ever achieved. Instead of the weeks, months or “100 Washes” that other premium tire shine products propose to deliver, a single application of Permagloss Permanent Tire Protectant can continue to shine and protect virtually forever, while withstanding conditions that would obliterate most other tire appearance products.*

When applied, Permagloss Permanent Tire Protectant bonds to the tire, drying to the touch in just a few minutes and forming a flexible yet virtually indestructible protective barrier. It’s not only water and weather proof, but can withstand the torrential spray of a 3000+PSI pressure washer! It’s not only resistant to most common cleaning products, but can withstand being drenched in battery acid without any loss of protection or shine! Click https://www.permagloss.net/about.html to see these and other examples of Permagloss’s almost unbelievable durability.

But there’s much more. Permagloss doesn’t just make tires look great, it’s actually great for them. It is formulated to provide complete 100% protection against harmful UV rays, ozone damage and oxidation. If fact, we are so confident in the in extraordinary durability and protection our exclusive three-part-system provides, that if your Permagloss treated tires dry-rot or crack due to UV or ozone damage, we will replace them for FREE!**

Unlike most tire appearance products and dressings, Permagloss is also solvent-free, water based, environmentally friendly and will not damage tires. Most tire manufacturers recommend against the use solvent-based tire dressings due to their destructive qualities. Solvent-based dressings actually promote tire yellowing and cracking, and can destroy the UV and ozone protectants that are essential to the life, color and texture of a tire. Permagloss, on the other hand, contains the same UV and ozone protectants that are used in tire manufacturing and enhances tire longevity.
Your tires are the most expensive replacement item on your vehicle. Don’t expose them to premature aging and deterioration. Protect your tires and keep them better than new with Permagloss.

You can purchase Permagloss on our website here: https://www.permagloss.net/buy_now.html

We are very interested to hear from you guys who use Permagloss and we’ll be posting some great before and after shots soon!

-Doug
Old 07-22-15, 05:27 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Can you help to explain how this product differs from other tire coatings on the market?

I have used several of the popular options and have always been let down despite a tremendous amount of prep work to clean the tires before applying the coating. I have yet to see a gloss finish tire coating truly last for more than a month, but would love to hear more about the product.

-Zach
Old 07-23-15, 01:13 PM
Permagloss
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zach,
Thank you for your interest in Permagloss.

As for differences between Permagloss and other tire coatings on the market, they are many and meaningful.

First, no other product can compete with Permagloss’s durability. Permagloss provides a rich, glossy shine that can last the entire life of your tires … a pretty amazing feat and one that no other tire product has ever achieved. Instead of the weeks, months or “100 Washes” that other premium tire shine products propose to deliver, a single application of Permagloss Permanent Tire Protectant can continue to shine and protect virtually forever, while withstanding conditions that would obliterate most other tire appearance products.

To get an idea just how permanent “Permanent” can be, click on the “Durability Demonstration” tab on the main menu of our web site, www.permagloss.net, and view a video of us totally abusing a PermaGloss treated tire with Hydrochloric Acid, Chlorine and other nasty stuff … as well as a 2700 PSI Pressure Washer!

Another huge difference between Permagloss and everyone else is Permagloss doesn’t just make tires look great, it’s actually great for them. Permagloss is formulated to provide complete, 100% protection against harmful UV rays, ozone damage and oxidation. In other words, Permagloss treated tires won’t crack, oxidize, age or yellow from UV or ozone damage. If fact, we are so confident in the extraordinary durability and protection our exclusive three-part-system provides, that if your Permagloss treated tires dry-rot or crack due to UV or ozone damage, WE WILL REPLACE THEM FOR FREE! See our web site for complete details and limitations, but yes, it’s true!
Unlike most other tire appearance products and dressings, Permagloss is also solvent-free, water based, environmentally friendly and, again, will not damage tires. Most tire manufacturers actually recommend against the use solvent-based tire dressings due to their destructive qualities. Solvent-based dressings promote tire yellowing and cracking and can destroy the UV and ozone protectants that are essential to the life, color and texture of a tire. Permagloss, on the other hand, contains the same UV and ozone protectants that are used in tire manufacturing and enhances tire longevity.

I hope I’ve answered your question and we look forward to seeing how your tires look with Permagloss applied to them.

-Doug
Old 07-23-15, 02:16 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm a long time user of Tuf Shine and while they claim it's permanent, the coating lasts maybe 7-8 months before I have to re-coat. Not complaining though... it still better than doing it every 2 weeks. Once my bottle runs out, I might just give Permagloss a try.
Old 07-23-15, 03:24 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Forgive my skepticism, as I hear these types of sales pitches all of the time and products that typically seem too good to be true, are often too good to be true... but would you be willing to provide small samples to any forum members for unbiased reviews?

I don't want to come off as arrogant, but again, claims from the manufacturer only mean so much in this industry... real world testing and consumer feedback is more important to me. If this product does live up to the claims, surely there is a huge market for it in the detailing world.

-Zach

Last edited by zmcgovern4; 07-24-15 at 04:52 AM.
Old 07-24-15, 02:40 AM
chrisexv6
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Forgive my skepticism, as I hear these types of sales pitches all of the time and products that typically seem too good to be true, are... but would you be willing to provide small samples to any forum members for unbiased reviews?

I don't want to come off as arrogant, but again, claims from the manufacturer only mean so much in this industry... real world testing and consumer feedback is more important to me. If this product does live up to the claims, surely there is a huge market for it in the detailing world.

-Zach
I second the request for samples. In fact I'm just about ready to apply TufShine to the tires on our ES....they are prepped and clean and ready to go.

If I could get a sample I would do one or two tires with PermaGloss and the others with TufShine....would be an excellent way to compare the products.
Old 07-24-15, 04:13 AM
LeapFrog
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

would you be willing to provide small samples to any forum members for unbiased reviews?
I'll consider this product for use on my vehicles after I hear Zach say that it lives up to the sales pitch that is being made here and in other car forums.
Old 07-24-15, 04:53 AM
chrisexv6
Driver

Originally Posted by LeapFrog
I'll consider this product for use on my vehicles after I hear Zach say that it lives up to the sales pitch that is being made here and in other car forums.
Sent you a PM.
Old 07-24-15, 05:14 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

"CAN last the life of your tires"

That's like other ads that say 'UP to X years'

Would be nice if this product really works the way it's advertised.
Old 07-24-15, 05:26 AM
chrisexv6
Driver

If you read around, its advertised as lifetime but then states you need to add refresh coats to it.

TufShine works the same way, maybe they are just more transparent about the fact you'll need to refresh it to keep up the shine.

I noticed that PermaGloss uses 2 coats...a black base coat followed by a clear finish coat. Seems similar to TufShine but with the extra step of the base coat. Im not sure how "required" the base coat would be for brand new tires, as it seems similar to Black Restore which is for older oxidized rubber.
Old 07-24-15, 05:51 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,206 Likes on 956 Posts

Several promises made are legalese for "nothing". You guys have a tough audience here. Not your typical car owner for sure. I imagine some members will try your product with an open mind hoping for "better than others" on the market. Thanks for telling us about your product and for being a sponsor.

Last edited by swfla; 07-24-15 at 06:33 AM.
Old 07-24-15, 06:20 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Upon watching the videos and reading about this product, it is oddly similar to the Tuf Shine products in terms of appearance and application (aside from the additional top coat).

The tire cleaner is the same color as the tuf shine tire cleaner, the brush is the same brush as the tuf shine tire brush, the applicator is the same applicator as the tuf shine applicator, and the bottle for the permagloss shown in their application video is the same bottle as the tuf shine bottle with a different label on it. Looks very similar to the Tuf Shine Tire Kit

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but it is not uncommon for products to be made by a 3rd party company and relabeled to be sold under different brands.

I've requested MSDS sheets from both Tuf Shine and Permagloss for comparison.

Last edited by zmcgovern4; 07-24-15 at 06:50 AM.
Old 07-24-15, 06:22 AM
chrisexv6
Driver

Upon watching the videos and reading about this product, it is oddly similar to the Tuf Shine products in terms of appearance and application (aside from the additional top coat).

The tire cleaner is the same color as the tuf shine tire cleaner, the brush is the same brush as the tuf shine tire brush, the applicator is the same applicator as the tuf shine applicator, and the bottle for the permagloss shown in their application video is the same bottle as the tuf shine bottle with a different label on it.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but it is not uncommon for products to be made by a 3rd party company and relabeled to be sold under different brands.

I've requested MSDS sheets from both Tuf Shine and Permagloss for comparison.
Hint: Google "NitroShield"
Old 07-24-15, 06:30 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by chrisexv6
Hint: Google "NitroShield"
Good find... basically the same website as permagloss, yet it still says "the world's only permanent tire protectant"... How about that.

I emailed the NitroShield place to see if they will confirm whether or not all 3 products are identical.
Old 07-24-15, 06:37 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,206 Likes on 956 Posts

I don't think anyone's crossed the line. BUT, let's be thankful they are a forum sponsor.
I'm hoping some members will just "give it a try" no matter what our observations are.

Quick Reply: Permanent Tire Protectant