Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Chemical Guys White Light Gloss Enhancer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-15, 01:49 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Chemical Guys White Light Gloss Enhancer?

I wonder how this will compare to Chemical Guys Ez Creme + Carpro Reload? White Light is suppose to be a gloss enhancer and sealant in one made for light colored cars.

http://http://www.detailedimage.com/...1044/16-oz-S1/

http://http://youtu.be/Z27RWCTURkU

Last edited by Jbreezie; 06-24-15 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-24-15, 01:53 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Sounds like a gimmick to me.
Not the first company to pull the protectant/wax for certain colors.
Old 06-24-15, 02:45 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I've also never been too into the "color coordinated" products... Meguiar's also has black wax/white wax, as do some other companies... IMO it isn't a big deal.

Something we all preach is that the LSP is only a very small factor in the overall appearance of your vehicle... the cleaning and polishing make the dramatic difference. You could put a $1,000 wax on a swirled out mess, and it will still look bad... you could put a $5 thing of turtle wax on a perfectly corrected vehicle, and it will look good!

I'd personally just keep using what you already have as they are great products to begin with.

-Zach
Old 06-24-15, 09:39 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

save your money, get some SNS and top it with some SBSD...
Old 06-24-15, 10:00 PM
jv6792
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
I've also never been too into the "color coordinated" products... Meguiar's also has black wax/white wax, as do some other companies... IMO it isn't a big deal.

Something we all preach is that the LSP is only a very small factor in the overall appearance of your vehicle... the cleaning and polishing make the dramatic difference. You could put a $1,000 wax on a swirled out mess, and it will still look bad... you could put a $5 thing of turtle wax on a perfectly corrected vehicle, and it will look good!

I'd personally just keep using what you already have as they are great products to begin with.

-Zach
i agree 100% with Zach.. considering that your car is fully polished i believe it can make a difference. I thought my car's paint looked as good as it could possibly get, but then I applied a layer of Blacklight and topped with Megs D156 and the results were amazing.

The products brought a whole new level of depth to my black finish. It made it look glassy as if it was coated, but it's not. I then tried it Blacklight alone on a white Caddy and did a 50/50 comparison on the hood, and the side with the Blacklight was literally blinding in the bright sun, whereas on the other side, the sun did not reflect as well.

I think Whitelight/Blacklight are the same product, the color of the formula just poses as a marketing scheme. Nonetheless, i highly recommend Blacklight!
Old 06-24-15, 11:27 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks guys! That's true, it could do so much. My paint is in pretty good condition after the opticoat. The reload and glaze really brings out the shine but it's still a white car. I guess I'm after something that is not possible. It's pretty damn glossy but not blinding like a lot of dark cars haha
Old 06-26-15, 12:32 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

It just so happens that Detailed Image just sent me a bottle of this White Light to try out.... I'll experiment with it and write a review article for it.

-Zach
Old 06-26-15, 09:00 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Nice! Can't wait to see the results!

It just so happens that Detailed Image just sent me a bottle of this White Light to try out.... I'll experiment with it and write a review article for it.

-Zach
Old 07-06-15, 03:37 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You aren't ditching my EZ Creme that i gave you, are you

Man, I haven't visited this forum for like months. How is everyone doing?

I can't wash my car for like 3 months now in Southern CA because of the serious drought. Yet, my cars STILL LOOK GOOD! Thanks to Carpro Reload "keep it clean" property.
Old 07-06-15, 10:46 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Haha nope still using it! Me too! Not on like used to! I need to detail my car soon!
Old 07-07-15, 10:20 AM
jv6792
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here bro. Drought sucks. So i started using ONR and it does a pretty good job. just feels weird not hosing the car down.

Is that EZ Creme any good?
Old 07-07-15, 10:29 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by jv6792
Same here bro. Drought sucks. So i started using ONR and it does a pretty good job. just feels weird not hosing the car down.

Is that EZ Creme any good?
Yes! Depending on what you're looking to accomplish, Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze can produce some great results quickly and easily.

I just snapped this pic last weekend (sorry, crappy cell phone pic) when I was touching up my wife's car. Her car hasn't been thoroughly detailed in almost 3 years now, and it is starting to loose some of its luster. In this 50/50 shot you can see how much color and depth was restored in just 2-3 quick passes with EZ Creme Glaze on a White Polishing pad.

Name:  IMG_2059_zpsshfdycts.jpg
Views: 1597
Size:  1.50 MB

The product adds considerable slickness and gloss to any vehicle, and is effortless to apply and remove. It can be used with a polishing pad to remove light oxidation/defects, or simply with a finishing pad to add slickness and gloss before applying a wax or sealant of your choice. I've been meaning to do an in-depth review of it, but haven't gotten around to it.

-Zach
Old 07-07-15, 11:51 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

I wonder how much product is enough? I think the directions say a quarter size per section or something? I have a feeling I'm not using enough. Also, I been applying it manually with a MF cloth. Could that be a reason?

Yes! Depending on what you're looking to accomplish, Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze can produce some great results quickly and easily.

I just snapped this pic last weekend (sorry, crappy cell phone pic) when I was touching up my wife's car. Her car hasn't been thoroughly detailed in almost 3 years now, and it is starting to loose some of its luster. In this 50/50 shot you can see how much color and depth was restored in just 2-3 quick passes with EZ Creme Glaze on a White Polishing pad.

The product adds considerable slickness and gloss to any vehicle, and is effortless to apply and remove. It can be used with a polishing pad to remove light oxidation/defects, or simply with a finishing pad to add slickness and gloss before applying a wax or sealant of your choice. I've been meaning to do an in-depth review of it, but haven't gotten around to it.

-Zach
Old 07-07-15, 12:11 PM
coldsoda
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another +1 for the EZ creme glaze from me. Ive used it on multiple vehicles and it does well to add the gloss as Zach said above. I dont buy a lot of CG products, but I keep that and their p40 detail spray on hand.
Old 07-07-15, 12:23 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by Jbreezie
I wonder how much product is enough? I think the directions say a quarter size per section or something? I have a feeling I'm not using enough. Also, I been applying it manually with a MF cloth. Could that be a reason?
I use 2-3 dots (maybe the size of a pea) per section... so not much at all. You may need to use a bit more for the first few sections until the pad is a bit more saturated.

I would not use a MF towel for application. I would use a foam applicator if applying by hand, though we always use a machine as you will get much better results in the situation shown above compared to using by hand.

Originally Posted by coldsoda
Another +1 for the EZ creme glaze from me. Ive used it on multiple vehicles and it does well to add the gloss as Zach said above. I dont buy a lot of CG products, but....
Agreed... I don't tend to prefer many CG products, but EZ Creme has always been one that I have enjoyed using.

-Zach

Quick Reply: Chemical Guys White Light Gloss Enhancer?