Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Winter Detailing Hints and Tips

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-15, 11:26 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Winter Detailing Hints and Tips

With winter in full swing, we here at Detailed Image wanted to take the time to highlight some great ways to clean and protect your vehicle in the bitter winter weather. Whether its protecting your paint or cleaning off that winter grime, we really have some awesome articles to help you every step along the way.

First things first, protection is key. Hazardous winter conditions such as road salt, sand, snow, and ice can do a number on the paint. Zach McGovern of Attention to Detailing wrote a great article about protecting your car for the upcoming winter. If you already protected your car you can skip this section, if not this article is for you!

Winter Is Coming! Make Sure Your Vehicle is Protected by Zach McGovern

Protecting your car is only one step of the process. After driving in the snow, ice, salt, etc. you are going to want to wash your car to remove all of this contamination. Ivan Rajic of LUSTR Auto Detail highlights how you can wash your vehicle safely and easily using the popular Optimum No Rinse.

Winter Washing with Optimum No Rinse (ONR) by Ivan Rajic

From protecting, to washing, to so much more winter detailing steps the AAP Blog is a great resource. Take a look at a few of the other artciles we have on the blog to help get you through these winter months. Hopefully it warms up soon and if you have any questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us!
Old 01-22-15, 02:05 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Don't listen to that Zach McGovern guy... I hear he hasn't even washed his own car in a month
Old 01-22-15, 03:31 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So there are Zach version 1 in Autogeek, Zach version 2 in DetailedImage, Zach version 3 in autopia and Zach version 4 on ClubLexus ?? No way the original Zach would not wash his car in a month!!! Show us the proof lol.

Btw, nice photo in your signature: nice angle, good contrast, adequate lighting, right exposure and perfect focus. Whoever took that photo for you knows some photography skills for sure. Mind sharing more of those cool shots of the IS?
Old 01-22-15, 04:42 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by FSportIS
So there are Zach version 1 in Autogeek, Zach version 2 in DetailedImage, Zach version 3 in autopia and Zach version 4 on ClubLexus ?? No way the original Zach would not wash his car in a month!!! Show us the proof lol.
It's true... sad, but true. Although he has been away on business for 3 out of the last 4 weeks, so perhaps that is a decent excuse.

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Btw, nice photo in your signature: nice angle, good contrast, adequate lighting, right exposure and perfect focus. Whoever took that photo for you knows some photography skills for sure. Mind sharing more of those cool shots of the IS?
Thanks.. that particular set of shots was taken downtown on my way home from work when I had my camera equipment with me.

Here are a few more from that same day....

Lexus IS250 - MRR Ground Force GF07 by zmcgovern45, on Flickr
Nikon D7000, 12-24mm f/4 @ 17mm, f/4, 1/800 sec, ISO 100

Nikon D7000, 12-24mm f/4 @ 18mm, f/4, 1/800 sec, ISO 100

Nikon D7000, 105mm f/2.8G, f/3.2, 1/800 sec, ISO 100

I'm a huge photography enthusiast... you can check out tons of my pics on my Flickr Page, though many of them are not car related.

-Zach
Old 01-24-15, 10:09 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Who is this Zach guy that you speak of? And why does he not clean his car? ROTFL!

steve
Old 01-24-15, 02:35 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Have no fear... He just cleaned it