Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Big Thanks to Greg @ Detailed Image

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-14, 06:56 AM
GoFastTSI
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Big Thanks to Greg @ Detailed Image

I placed an order with DI last week for a large detailing job on a Navigator L and my order was missing the claybar. I notified DI of the issue and Greg responded immediately that Friday evening he would ship out another one and apologized for the mistake without ever questioning the validity that it was missing. I received it yesterday as promised and just wanted to publicly thank him for his customer service! I normally shop around for the best deals on products but DI will be getting all of my business from here on!
Old 07-25-14, 07:20 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

The customer service from DI is absolutely top notch... their entire team is incredibly quick and polite. I'm happy to be affiliated with them Glad they took care of you.
Old 07-28-14, 05:16 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for the order and for the kind words. We work hard to make sure we take care of all customers the same way we would expect to be treated. If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask!

Greg @ DI
Old 07-29-14, 04:39 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
The customer service from DI is absolutely top notch... their entire team is incredibly quick and polite. I'm happy to be affiliated with them Glad they took care of you.
I had a question on my last order a few weeks ago and Greg responded via email within 10 min... Been ordering from DI for a few years now...
Old 07-29-14, 11:17 AM
PondScum
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a bottle of Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer from DI that froze in transit (it was frozen solid when it arrived at my front door - not sure how that happened as the winters are mild here, and the product had left a region with freezing temps at least six hours before arriving at my door). I let them know about it and they gave me the option of having a new bottle shipped or credit on my account. Top notch customer service. I've pretty much switched over to ordering all my supplies from them.
Old 08-14-14, 05:50 AM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

I didn't even know about this company until I read this thread a few days ago. I was looking to purchase my first DA polisher and other detailing supplies. I had a couple questions and sent them an email. I got an answer back from Reece within minutes. I then had a follow up question and again received an instant response.

But here was the incredible part. I ordered at 12:45 PM on Monday and FedEx delivered the stuff at 1:20 PM on Tuesday. Now I am only about 175 from their location, but still amazing considering I only ordered their standard shipping of $10.50. They had an online coupon for 15% off everything which saved me a lot of money.

I bought the Rupes Duetto polisher and every site I checked sold them for $319, including Detailed Image, but the discount made a big difference.

I will be a regular customer.
Old 08-15-14, 06:48 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

You should also check out their Ask-A-Pro Blog.

Especially the articles by that Zach McGovern guy
Old 08-15-14, 11:23 AM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

I did check them out Zach, in fact I read both your review and Brian Guy's review of the Rupes 75E. At the time I didn't realize you were the same guy here. You guys were both very helpful in my selection of polisher. From earlier research I was leaning towards the Flex 3401, but after reading your reviews I felt Rupes would be the best choice for me.

I bought the Rupes Duetto as I thought it would be the best compromise for my use. I will only be doing my wife's car and my cars, and maybe my motorcycle. In fact one of my questions to Reece was whether I could change the back plate so I could use 3" pads, but found out that is not possible.

I bought the medium coarse gel, the fine and the ultra fine along with their corresponding pads. I started on my wife's car (she thinks I put her first, but really I wanted to practice on her car in case I made newbie mistakes ). Really though her car is a 2001 model and better to learn on that car any way. I think I probably should have ordered the coarse gel since her car was more scratched and blemished than I thought. I had to go over several areas multiple times with the medium, and still it is not quite right. However, it does look significantly better than it did.

I haven't gone any further than this step because I re-aggravated an elbow injury and I have to take it easy for a while. Since I am not going to be able to get back to her car for a while, I think I may order it.