Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

XPROTECT service from Magnussen Fremont, CA

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-14, 10:32 PM
mikes4nt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question XPROTECT service from Magnussen Fremont, CA

I got this as an add-on at MAGNUSSEN in FREMONT, CA when purchasing a certified pre owned IS a little over a year ago. I remember something along the lines of two applications and a two year warranty if I recall correctly. Does anyone have any additional details for the 'xprotect' service offered at MAGNUSSEN in FREMONT, CA? I was under the impression that my car essentially got a clear wrap (kind of like a screen protector for a cell phone). After checking out the brochure I'm not so sure that's what I got at all, which is ok since it's too late to complain about now, but I just want to make sure.

I noticed some paint chips from rocks on my hood and thought the XPROTECT would have helped prevent it (pretty positive that how it was described to me at the dealership, which is what sold me on it). Maybe it would've been worse without it, but I'm not so positive now. I also have a little bit of a scuff on my trunk and was thinking that buffering might take it out, but had second thoughts because of the XPROTECT service I had completed. Is XPROTECT actually something that can be peeled off or removed? If so I was thinking that perhaps removing it and then buffering it out and then going back in to the dealership for another application would be my best option.

Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-07-14, 10:25 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it seems like it's a sealant they put on your paint. it's a cash grab for dealerships. If you don't see a clear bra protection on your car then all it is a sealant.

Check to see if you have a clear bra on and also check to see what the two year warranty covers(rock chips, etc).
Old 07-07-14, 11:27 PM
mikes4nt
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the response. I'm heading back to the dealership within the next couple of months for my 35k check so if I can't find the full details in my paperwork, I'll report back with some answers then.
Old 07-08-14, 03:25 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

good luck. hopefully the warranty covers your rock chips and scuffs.
Old 09-09-14, 09:05 PM
mikes4nt
Driver School Candidate

No dice on the paint chip warranty. For those of you who are interested, below is some additional information I was able to pick up at the dealership on this service.

Old 09-09-14, 10:41 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

That's BS. Next time save your money and buy some basic protects you can do youself and save a lot of money.

Leather masters cleaner and protection cream for the leather. A good sealant for the exterior(do prep work before applying sealant for amazing results). Scotchgard for the interior carpet to repel stains.
Old 09-10-14, 09:01 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetfire
That's BS. Next time save your money and buy some basic protects you can do youself and save a lot of money.

Leather masters cleaner and protection cream for the leather. A good sealant for the exterior(do prep work before applying sealant for amazing results). Scotchgard for the interior carpet to repel stains.
X2... don't fall for those dealership scams to get your money.

There are much better products available through professional detailing sites that will perform better, look better, and cost less.