Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

CarPro HydrO2... buy it!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-16, 07:03 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Mine is green
Old 07-03-16, 09:29 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
What color was the batch you used?
It's a very light green/yellow. Kind of like a very diluted lime color. Old color was medium green.

New color inside the bottle looks like the old color that was watered down 25 times.
Old 07-03-16, 09:41 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Mine was a medium green.
Old 07-04-16, 08:13 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine was medium green as well. Bought it last year and still have some left. Surprised they changed the formula as the old formula has been working well for me. Just bought another similar product called Waxedshine Aqua Bead which is way cheaper than CarPro HydrO2 recently . The dilution ratio is different - 1:3 (strong) or 1:7 (regular or for show cars) as opposed to 1:4 used by CarPro HydrO2. There is a review that claims it lasted at least 2 months and so the manufacturer's claim of "up to 3 months" looks promising and it is on par with what CarPro claims about Hydr02.
Old 11-07-16, 08:58 AM
jincuteguy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So is the Carpro Hydro2 new version (formula) still good to use on wheels? or should I use a better product?
Old 11-07-16, 06:09 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by jincuteguy
So is the Carpro Hydro2 new version (formula) still good to use on wheels? or should I use a better product?
Still very good! The newer formula is even more concentrated, so you can mix at 6:1 (waterroduct) with the same outstanding results.
Old 11-08-16, 05:24 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Still very good! The newer formula is even more concentrated, so you can mix at 6:1 (waterroduct) with the same outstanding results.
Hey Zach, on your website Detailimage http://www.detailedimage.com/CarPro-...901/500-ml-S2/
Is that a pre-diluted Hydro2 and ready to use in a Spray bottle? Or it's concentrated and in a Spray bottle?

I'm confused that with this one http://www.detailedimage.com/CarPro-...24/1000-ml-S1/
The item image doesn't show a Spray bottle, but on CarPro website it shows a Spray ready to use bottle. http://www.carpro-us.com/coatings-se...-lite-1-liter/

Last edited by jincuteguy; 11-08-16 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-08-16, 06:30 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

HydrO2 Lite is Ready to Use, HydrO2 is concentrated and needs to be diluted with water at a 6:1 ration (waterroduct). As far as I know, 1L bottles do not come with a sprayer, but 500 mL bottles will.
Old 05-22-17, 10:43 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

I finally tried Carpro Hydro2 for the first time. I can see why it's such a popular product. I applied it using a pressurized sprayer, and I went through product a lot faster than I was expecting to. I ended up using 2oz of product mixed at 4:1 to cover a honda odyssey.

I've been using Nanolex wash coat for over a year now. On Saturday I applied wash coat to 2 cars, and on Sunday I remembered I had the Hydro2 sample I got from Henry (GSteg), so I tried that on my Odyssey. I washed all the cars with IronX foam before applying. Initial impressions, the Hydro2 is slicker and when using a blower the car dries much faster. I want to say there is a slight improvement in shine with the Hydro2, but it was sunset and the minivan is silver, so it is questionable.

I would normally use 100mL of Nanolex washcoat on the odyssey applied through a foam gun. The amount of product (50mL for cars, 100mL for large vehicles) is more important than the dilution ratio. The cost per application in this case is $4.6 (assuming a 1L bottle is purchased). The process is much faster and I usually reapply every 2 months.

In comparison, I used 2oz of Hydro2 or 60mL of product mixed at 4:1. With Hydro2 the dilution ratio changes how long the product last. The cost per application in this case would be $6.9 (assuming 1L bottle is purchased). I used a pressurized sprayer to make my life easier, but it does waste more product.

Overall, I do like the product, but I'm unsure which one I will continue to use. Nanolex is easier to use and is cheaper initially, but Hydro2 is supposed to last a lot longer. I guess I have to wait 2 months until I can make my decision. I'm sure if I play with the dilution ratio and pay attention to how long the product last I could find a way to make them comparable in price.
Old 05-22-17, 11:47 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Per CarPro, the recommended dilution ratio for Hydro2 was changed to 1 part hydro2 concentrate to 6-10 parts water for durability of 3-6 months. Quite a bit more economical than 1:4 mixture.
Old 05-22-17, 03:27 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Per CarPro, the recommended dilution ratio for Hydro2 was changed to 1 part hydro2 concentrate to 6-10 parts water for durability of 3-6 months. Quite a bit more economical than 1:4 mixture.
Do you know when they made that change? I didn't have the bottle to reference, so I googled it, and I found threads dating to 2016 that sill recommended 3 or 4 parts water. I guess I'll have to order a liter to do some testing. I need more cars now...
Old 05-22-17, 04:35 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

I always update the OP in this thread when they make changes.... the last edit was on 11-07-2016 and states:

EDIT 3: CarPro have updated the formula to an even higher concentration. You should now mix at a 6:1 dilution (6 parts water : 1 part concentrate).

They have since changed it to read exactly:
Originally Posted by CarPro-US
Concentrated Value: Dilution of 1 part Hydro to 6~10 parts water
Click Here to visit the CarPro-US product page

It is always a good idea to check the product manufacturer's page directly and not rely on forum threads for specifics about product directions as they can change without notice. Even the Detailed Image and Autogeek stores are not always up to date with this type of information.
Old 05-23-17, 08:11 AM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I finally tried Carpro Hydro2 for the first time. I can see why it's such a popular product. I applied it using a pressurized sprayer, and I went through product a lot faster than I was expecting to. I ended up using 2oz of product mixed at 4:1 to cover a honda odyssey.

I've been using Nanolex wash coat for over a year now. On Saturday I applied wash coat to 2 cars, and on Sunday I remembered I had the Hydro2 sample I got from Henry (GSteg), so I tried that on my Odyssey. I washed all the cars with IronX foam before applying. Initial impressions, the Hydro2 is slicker and when using a blower the car dries much faster. I want to say there is a slight improvement in shine with the Hydro2, but it was sunset and the minivan is silver, so it is questionable.

I would normally use 100mL of Nanolex washcoat on the odyssey applied through a foam gun. The amount of product (50mL for cars, 100mL for large vehicles) is more important than the dilution ratio. The cost per application in this case is $4.6 (assuming a 1L bottle is purchased). The process is much faster and I usually reapply every 2 months.

In comparison, I used 2oz of Hydro2 or 60mL of product mixed at 4:1. With Hydro2 the dilution ratio changes how long the product last. The cost per application in this case would be $6.9 (assuming 1L bottle is purchased). I used a pressurized sprayer to make my life easier, but it does waste more product.

Overall, I do like the product, but I'm unsure which one I will continue to use. Nanolex is easier to use and is cheaper initially, but Hydro2 is supposed to last a lot longer. I guess I have to wait 2 months until I can make my decision. I'm sure if I play with the dilution ratio and pay attention to how long the product last I could find a way to make them comparable in price.
Looks good! Gotta try this out!

Strange how the 100ml bottle costs 19.99 and the 1 liter diluted bottle costs 24.99, but doesn't indicate how much parts to product to water it includes.

Last edited by k20trick; 05-23-17 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-23-17, 08:53 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I always update the OP in this thread when they make changes.... the last edit was on 11-07-2016 and states:

They have since changed it to read exactly:

Click Here to visit the CarPro-US product page

It is always a good idea to check the product manufacturer's page directly and not rely on forum threads for specifics about product directions as they can change without notice. Even the Detailed Image and Autogeek stores are not always up to date with this type of information.
That's funny, I found my answer on the car-pro forum, autogeek, and detailed image websites. I'm pretty sure my sample was from the older formulation before they changed the concentration.

Originally Posted by k20trick

Strange how the 100ml bottle costs 19.99 and the 1 liter diluted bottle costs 24.99, but doesn't indicate how much parts to product to water it includes.
If they follow their new dilution ratio (6 to 10 parts water), then that means there is 142.85mL to 90.9mL of Hydro2 in a 1L bottle. I would hope that its closer to 6 parts water to justify the cost.
Old 05-23-17, 09:39 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by k20trick

HydrO2 Lite (the ready to use solution) is heavily diluted. I believe I was told it is roughly equivalent to 10 parts water : 1 part concentrate when it was first released. This makes sense as the durability is listed at around 3 months, which is also what is listed on the low range for HydrO2 Concentrate, so I can assume that is for the most diluted mixture which is said to be 10:1 on their site.

1000 mL HydrO2 Lite = $24.99, or $.025/mL. Estimated 3 month durability.

100 mL HydrO2 Concentrate = $19.99
  • Mixed at 6:1, makes 700 mL of solution. $.029/mL. Estimated 6 month durability. (Best value for durability)
  • Mixed at 10:1, makes 1100 mL of solution. $.018/mL. Estimated 3 month durability. (Best value by volume)

As expected, the concentrate is always the better value.

Quick Reply: CarPro HydrO2... buy it!