Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

EXTREME Wheel Cleaning w/Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-14, 06:45 AM
Bryan@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EXTREME Wheel Cleaning w/Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate

Every now and then a product comes along that knocks my socks off. The newest product that accomplishes just that is by Pinnacle, and it's called Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate.

What is it?
Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate is a concentrated wheel cleaner that is designed to annihilate pesky brake-dust and oily road grime. Formulated using the latest cleaning technology, Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate forgoes caustic acids, butyl ethers, and other harsh detergents that do more harm than good. Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate changes colors as it dissolves brake dust and the concentrated formula can be diluted up to 1:3 with water for maintenance cleaning.

Benefits of Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate:
  • Concentrated formula – dilute up to 1:3 with water
  • Safe for ALL wheel finishes
  • Color-changing formula dissolves embedded brake-dust particles
  • Foaming action clings to the surface, increasing dwell time
  • Acid-free formula is safe for the environment

Why YOU Should Care!
Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate is not your average wheel cleaner. Designed with brake-dust laden sports cars and neglected daily drivers in mind, Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate makes laborious wheel cleaning a thing of the past. Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate was formulated without inexpensive acids, butyl ethers, or petroleum distillates; rest assured you’re only treating your vehicle to the best every time you use Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate.

Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate picks up where other wheel cleaners left off. While most wheel cleaners remove brake dust that’s on the surface, Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate dissolves what’s below the surface – embedded brake-dust particles that cause long-term damage. As soon as you spray Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate onto the finish, it immediately starts working by opening up the pores in the surface, dissolving brake-dust particles so they can be rinsed away. By removing embedded brake-dust particles, you eliminate the long-term pitting effect of corrosion.

Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate vs. Neglected Wheels
Yeah yeah yeah, just another wheel cleaner, right? Not exactly. Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate doesn't just remove brake dust, it annihilates it. If your wheels don't get overly filthy, you can simply dilute Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate 1:3 with water, making it an even better value.

I searched long and hard for the perfect vehicle to demonstrate the powerful cleaning ability of Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate, and I finally came across a 2007 Dodge Charger SRT Super Bee with the factory 20 inch wheels. Not only did I find a cool car for this article, but the wheels were trashed, to say the least. I would comfortably guess that they hadn't been cleaned in years.

Check it out:

Best Wheel & Tire Brushes
First and foremost, let me briefly touch base on the must-have tools for proper wheel and tire care.

From left to right:

How it Works
Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate is very easy to use. First, determine whether or not you need to use the product full-strength or diluted 1:3 with water. Because the wheels on the Charger were beyond neglected, I used the product full strength.

NEVER clean a wheel that's hot to the touch. If it is hot, allow at least 20-30 minutes for it to cool down.

You do not have to rinse the wheel before applying Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate. Simply spray the product directly onto the wheel, and allow 3-5 minutes for it to penetrate.

Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate sprays in a thick, foamy lather that clings to the surface, maximizing dwell time.

Within seconds the wheel cleaner began changing colors. Most wheel cleaners are designed to remove road film and brake dust that's on the surface. Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate actually opens up the pores of the surface and releases ferrous brake-dust particles. By removing the embedded brake-dust particles, you eliminate the long term pitting effect caused by corrosion.

While the wheel cleaner was dwelling on the surface, I sprayed Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate onto the tires. This concentrated all purpose cleaner was formulated without caustic ingredients that are harmful to you and the environment. Signature All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate is safe enough to use on interior components, even at full strength. For light duty cleaning, you can dilute Signature All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate with water. It makes an excellent tire cleaner.

By the time I had finished spraying Signature All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate onto the tires, the wheels were BLEEDING red.

Speed Master Wheel Brush
The Speed Master Wheel Brush is a must-have tool for proper wheel cleaning. Its long handle, reinforced flexible stem, and patented bristles make it possible to clean where no other brush is able to. Clean behind spokes, in between the brake caliper and the wheel barrel, and more!

Wheel Woolies Boar’s Hair Wheel Brush
The Wheel Woolies Boar’s Hair Wheel Brush is a specially designed short-handle wheel brush that is designed to gently clean delicate wheel finishes. Featuring all-natural feathered boar’s hair bristles, the Wheel Woolies Boar’s Hair Wheel Brush removes dirt, grime and brake dust from intricate wheel designs. Use the Wheel Woolies Boar’s Hair Wheel Brush to safely clean clear coated, anodized, polished, aluminum, painted, powder coated and chrome wheels.

Wheel Woolies Boar’s Hair Detail Brush – 1¼ inch
The 1¼ inch Boar’s Hair Detail Brush, brought to you by the same company that manufactures Wheel Woolies, gives you the precision needed to clean all the nooks and crannies on your vehicle. No longer will you struggle to clean brake calipers, in between emblems, and other hard-to-reach, delicate areas. Genuine boar’s hair bristles ensure no surface, including paint, gets scratched or marred in the process.

TUF SHINE Tire Brush
The Tuf Shine Tire Brush might possibly be the best $5 investment in detailing supplies you’ll ever make. This ergonomically designed tire brush deep cleans tires, ridding them of dirt, grime and previously applied dressings. Its lightweight design and stiff nylon bristles ensure maximum scrubbing power with minimal user fatigue. The Tuf Shine Tire Brush is the perfect complement to Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate.

Once you finish cleaning the wheels and tires, rinse them off with a strong blast of water.

I always like to dry wheels and tires with the Microfiber All Purpose & Wheel Detailing Towel. Because the towel is black, I won't accidentally get it mixed up with my paint-only Gold Plush Juniors. Since the towel is black, I won't get upset if a little brake dust or road grime stain it.

Tires & What YOU Should Know About Them
I remember one sunny day Mike Phillips gave a thorough explanation to a customer about brown tires, and what you can do to prevent them. I never knew there was such a science to RUBBER, but apparently there is! Here is what YOU should know about tires.

The manufacturers of tire rubber add in a chemical compound called antiozonant. This compound protects tires from cracking and dry rot and it does this by continually working its way to the outer surface when you drive your car at speed.

As the antiozonant in the rubber is exposed to ozone in the air, it turns brown on your tires. This phenomenon is called blooming. Regularly applying a water-based tire dressing will keep your tires hydrated and protected.

My tire dressing of choice is Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Dressing. This particular tire dressing replenishes the rubber using natural conditioners that won’t deplete the natural antiozonants in the tire. Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Dressing is a dual-purpose product, because it protects and beautifies your tires.

The amount of gloss provided by Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Dressing is adjustable based on your preference. If you prefer a low gloss, natural looking appearance simply apply one coat. If you prefer a glossy finish, apply 2-3 coats allowing a couple minutes between coats.

To prevent unwanted over spray, I spray the product directly into (not onto) a Flex Foam Tire Dressing Applicator. These large foam applicators are comfortable to hold, and they can be washed and reused.

One trick I discovered for extending the life of a tire dressing is to gently wipe the surface with a clean, dry microfiber towel a few minutes after applying the product. Not only does this remove any excess or pooling, it actually works the dressing into the tire.

That's all folks!
What you're looking at is a wheel that's not only squeaky clean, but a wheel that no longer has embedded brake-dust particles in the surface. Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate effectively removes brake dust and oily road grime while dissolving embedded brake-dust particles that would otherwise cause pitting.

If you care about your wheels as much as you do your paint, pick up a bottle of Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate and reap the benefits of advanced chemistry.

On Autogeek.net

Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate

Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate 32 oz.

Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Dressing

Speed Master Wheel Brush

Wheel Woolies Boar’s Hair Wheel Brush

TUF SHINE Tire Brush

Wheel Woolies Boar’s Hair Detail Brush – 1¼ inch

Microfiber All Purpose & Wheel Detailing Towel

Flex Foam Tire Dressing Applicators 3 Pack
Old 02-18-14, 11:34 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

may have to pick up these brushes for my calipers.. Great work..