Notices
Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Best Detailing Photos!

 
Old 10-18-13, 01:08 PM
  #1  
[email protected]
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 221
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Best Detailing Photos!

Please post your best detailing photo's whether it is a 50/50 or a reflection shot.

Bryan@Autogeek is offline  
Old 10-18-13, 02:12 PM
  #2  
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic
 
I8ABMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Waiting for next track day
Posts: 22,609
Liked 73 Times in 45 Posts
Default

wish this had better lighting. Still pretty damn impressive considering its not edited , the camera was a point and shoot, and the lighting is dim
Attached Thumbnails Best Detailing Photos!-img_0038.jpg  
I8ABMR is offline  
Old 10-18-13, 03:03 PM
  #3  
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!
 
kitlz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,652
Liked 92 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Tungsten pearl. Who says silver is boring
Attached Thumbnails Best Detailing Photos!-img_0491.jpg  
kitlz is offline  
Old 10-19-13, 12:12 AM
  #4  
lx470man
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 614
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This is my Obsidian after two days invested in polishing and waxing.
Attached Thumbnails Best Detailing Photos!-img_0234.jpg   Best Detailing Photos!-img_0235.jpg   Best Detailing Photos!-img_0236.jpg  
lx470man is offline  
Old 10-19-13, 12:51 AM
  #5  
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic
 
bnizzle87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 5,593
Liked 55 Times in 46 Posts
Default

One of my favorite shots! So difficult to detail, especially when the battle against swirls and imperfections never ends. But there is no greater color IMO when it's detailed completely. Hard work, great products, elbow grease, and an orbital go a long way.

bnizzle87 is offline  
Old 10-19-13, 10:28 AM
  #6  
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion
 
sydtoosic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 4,417
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

7 hrs. in the garage, i pulled her out and immediately attracted dust, i think i did a good job though.










have plenty more but you get the picture... my cars stay this way.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 10-19-13 at 10:54 AM.
sydtoosic is offline  
Old 10-20-13, 12:33 PM
  #7  
harleymark
Pole Position
 
harleymark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 202
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by sydtoosic View Post
7 hrs. in the garage, i pulled her out and immediately attracted dust, i think i did a good job though.










have plenty more but you get the picture... my cars stay this way.
Lookin' good, Syd! Now that I have mine back, once the paint finishes curing I'm going to do a full polish and seal. The shop had the dealer do a full delivery detail before returning it...and the detailer obviously did not use any halogens or LED's to check their work. Irritating, but nothing I cannot fix, and would rather not give the dealership another opportunity to "fix" it.

Gonna use the pics of your F-Sport as my goal!
harleymark is offline  
Old 10-20-13, 01:14 PM
  #8  
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion
 
sydtoosic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 4,417
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

thanx Harley... never ever let the dealer do any type of detail on your car. that's just asking for trouble. i know they did more damage than good... holograms, buffer trails etc. yeah, polish her to rid her of defects, then seal her up with some OC 2.0, or CQuartz finest, or whichever coating you like. the pics of the F Sport was polished and sealed with CG products and the pic on the overcast day was HB, after that 22PLE was applied and then OC2.0... i went through hell with that OB.
sydtoosic is offline  
Old 10-20-13, 01:34 PM
  #9  
yardie876
Lexus Champion
 
yardie876's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SoFlo
Posts: 3,413
Liked 67 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Please post your best detailing photo's whether it is a 50/50 or a reflection shot.

Looking good! Are there any detailing places you recommend in the south broward area?
yardie876 is offline  
Old 10-20-13, 04:51 PM
  #10  
harleymark
Pole Position
 
harleymark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 202
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by sydtoosic View Post
thanx Harley... never ever let the dealer do any type of detail on your car. that's just asking for trouble. i know they did more damage than good... holograms, buffer trails etc. yeah, polish her to rid her of defects, then seal her up with some OC 2.0, or CQuartz finest, or whichever coating you like. the pics of the F Sport was polished and sealed with CG products and the pic on the overcast day was HB, after that 22PLE was applied and then OC2.0... i went through hell with that OB.
I think the shop was trying to do me a favor by having the dealer do a new car detail. Their motives were good...but yeah, I have hologramming and buffer trails. Gonna take my PC7424 and clean it up. Fortunately, it does not seem to be very deep into the clear, so I should be able to correct it and get her back to where she was before the accident.

I wish they had asked me first...but they didn't. I figure it'll be better if I fix it.
harleymark is offline  
Old 10-20-13, 07:01 PM
  #11  
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion
 
sydtoosic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 4,417
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by harleymark View Post
I think the shop was trying to do me a favor by having the dealer do a new car detail. Their motives were good...but yeah, I have hologramming and buffer trails. Gonna take my PC7424 and clean it up. Fortunately, it does not seem to be very deep into the clear, so I should be able to correct it and get her back to where she was before the accident.

I wish they had asked me first...but they didn't. I figure it'll be better if I fix it.
I agree, what's that saying... " if you want something done right you have to do it urself ".
sydtoosic is offline  
Old 10-20-13, 08:57 PM
  #12  
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master
iTrader: (2)
 
zmcgovern4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 3,463
Liked 80 Times in 69 Posts
Default

I'll share a few....


^From this weekend



^Cleaning up after the body shop


^Nothing better than perfectly polished paint coated with CQuartz Finest


^22ple VX1 Pro Beading water


^Making red look like a mirror


^Making that metallic flake "POP"


^Rejuvenating some american muscle


^Just awesome


^Now THIS is what black should look like

.... I'll stop there for now

Last edited by zmcgovern4; 10-20-13 at 08:58 PM. Reason: I suck at spelling
zmcgovern4 is offline  
Old 10-21-13, 06:07 AM
  #13  
[email protected]
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 221
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default





Gtechniq applied
Bryan@Autogeek is offline  
Old 10-21-13, 07:43 AM
  #14  
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion
 
sydtoosic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 4,417
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Z, that porsche turned out amazing... great work. my #1 fave is the beading shot, i absolutely love beading shots.
sydtoosic is offline  
Old 10-21-13, 12:16 PM
  #15  
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master
iTrader: (2)
 
zmcgovern4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 3,463
Liked 80 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sydtoosic View Post
Z, that porsche turned out amazing... great work. my #1 fave is the beading shot, i absolutely love beading shots.
Thanks! Yeah, that Porsche was unreal... even my jaw dropped when I pulled it out into the sun. It's one thing to see great results with work lights and a brinkmann, but that thing just looked insane in bright daylight. It was a new definition of "black". I should be getting it back next Spring for a light polish/touch up

Believe it or not, that beading shot was actually a cell phone pic! I took it just a few weeks back on my wife's car that has had 22ple VX1 Pro applied for the last 6 months. Beading was enhanced with Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer so I decided to snap a pic of it after a rain storm... pretty awesome!
zmcgovern4 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Detailing Photos!


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: