Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Best Detailing Photos!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-13, 01:08 PM
Bryan@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Detailing Photos!

Please post your best detailing photo's whether it is a 50/50 or a reflection shot.

The following users liked this post:
rosst6 (07-01-21)
Old 10-18-13, 02:12 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

wish this had better lighting. Still pretty damn impressive considering its not edited , the camera was a point and shoot, and the lighting is dim
Attached Thumbnails Best Detailing Photos!-img_0038.jpg  
Old 10-18-13, 03:03 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Tungsten pearl. Who says silver is boring
Attached Thumbnails Best Detailing Photos!-img_0491.jpg  
Old 10-19-13, 12:12 AM
lx470man
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is my Obsidian after two days invested in polishing and waxing.
Attached Thumbnails Best Detailing Photos!-img_0234.jpg   Best Detailing Photos!-img_0235.jpg   Best Detailing Photos!-img_0236.jpg  
Old 10-19-13, 12:51 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

One of my favorite shots! So difficult to detail, especially when the battle against swirls and imperfections never ends. But there is no greater color IMO when it's detailed completely. Hard work, great products, elbow grease, and an orbital go a long way.

Old 10-19-13, 10:28 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

7 hrs. in the garage, i pulled her out and immediately attracted dust, i think i did a good job though.

have plenty more but you get the picture... my cars stay this way.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 10-19-13 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-20-13, 12:33 PM
harleymark
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
7 hrs. in the garage, i pulled her out and immediately attracted dust, i think i did a good job though.

have plenty more but you get the picture... my cars stay this way.
Lookin' good, Syd! Now that I have mine back, once the paint finishes curing I'm going to do a full polish and seal. The shop had the dealer do a full delivery detail before returning it...and the detailer obviously did not use any halogens or LED's to check their work. Irritating, but nothing I cannot fix, and would rather not give the dealership another opportunity to "fix" it.

Gonna use the pics of your F-Sport as my goal!
Old 10-20-13, 01:14 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

thanx Harley... never ever let the dealer do any type of detail on your car. that's just asking for trouble. i know they did more damage than good... holograms, buffer trails etc. yeah, polish her to rid her of defects, then seal her up with some OC 2.0, or CQuartz finest, or whichever coating you like. the pics of the F Sport was polished and sealed with CG products and the pic on the overcast day was HB, after that 22PLE was applied and then OC2.0... i went through hell with that OB.
Old 10-20-13, 01:34 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan@Autogeek
Please post your best detailing photo's whether it is a 50/50 or a reflection shot.

Looking good! Are there any detailing places you recommend in the south broward area?
Old 10-20-13, 04:51 PM
harleymark
Pole Position

thanx Harley... never ever let the dealer do any type of detail on your car. that's just asking for trouble. i know they did more damage than good... holograms, buffer trails etc. yeah, polish her to rid her of defects, then seal her up with some OC 2.0, or CQuartz finest, or whichever coating you like. the pics of the F Sport was polished and sealed with CG products and the pic on the overcast day was HB, after that 22PLE was applied and then OC2.0... i went through hell with that OB.
I think the shop was trying to do me a favor by having the dealer do a new car detail. Their motives were good...but yeah, I have hologramming and buffer trails. Gonna take my PC7424 and clean it up. Fortunately, it does not seem to be very deep into the clear, so I should be able to correct it and get her back to where she was before the accident.

I wish they had asked me first...but they didn't. I figure it'll be better if I fix it.
Old 10-20-13, 07:01 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by harleymark
I think the shop was trying to do me a favor by having the dealer do a new car detail. Their motives were good...but yeah, I have hologramming and buffer trails. Gonna take my PC7424 and clean it up. Fortunately, it does not seem to be very deep into the clear, so I should be able to correct it and get her back to where she was before the accident.

I wish they had asked me first...but they didn't. I figure it'll be better if I fix it.
I agree, what's that saying... " if you want something done right you have to do it urself ".
Old 10-20-13, 08:57 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I'll share a few....

^From this weekend

^Cleaning up after the body shop

^Nothing better than perfectly polished paint coated with CQuartz Finest

^22ple VX1 Pro Beading water

^Making red look like a mirror

^Making that metallic flake "POP"

^Rejuvenating some american muscle

^Just awesome

^Now THIS is what black should look like

.... I'll stop there for now

Last edited by zmcgovern4; 10-20-13 at 08:58 PM. Reason: I suck at spelling
Old 10-21-13, 06:07 AM
Bryan@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Gtechniq applied
Old 10-21-13, 07:43 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Z, that porsche turned out amazing... great work. my #1 fave is the beading shot, i absolutely love beading shots.
Old 10-21-13, 12:16 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Z, that porsche turned out amazing... great work. my #1 fave is the beading shot, i absolutely love beading shots.
Thanks! Yeah, that Porsche was unreal... even my jaw dropped when I pulled it out into the sun. It's one thing to see great results with work lights and a brinkmann, but that thing just looked insane in bright daylight. It was a new definition of "black". I should be getting it back next Spring for a light polish/touch up

Believe it or not, that beading shot was actually a cell phone pic! I took it just a few weeks back on my wife's car that has had 22ple VX1 Pro applied for the last 6 months. Beading was enhanced with Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer so I decided to snap a pic of it after a rain storm... pretty awesome!

Quick Reply: Best Detailing Photos!