Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Silver Wheel Touch Up Paint - Perfect Match..

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-13, 06:30 AM
corbryant
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silver Wheel Touch Up Paint - Perfect Match..

FY everyone's I, AutoZone sells a touch up paint that is absolutely perfect for stock Lexus silver wheels. I had a tire tech carve the wheel positions into the outer lips so I had to find something and didn't see a specific reference to a part number in the forums so I thought I'd post what I found.

The HA 00974 Honda Starlight Silver is so close that I had to really look to find the scratches. It is a metallic, but I can't even tell against the stock wheel paint.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dupli-Color-...-/320971202366
Old 09-05-13, 12:37 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by corbryant
FY everyone's I, AutoZone sells a touch up paint that is absolutely perfect for stock Lexus silver wheels. I had a tire tech carve the wheel positions into the outer lips so I had to find something and didn't see a specific reference to a part number in the forums so I thought I'd post what I found.

The HA 00974 Honda Starlight Silver is so close that I had to really look to find the scratches. It is a metallic, but I can't even tell against the stock wheel paint.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dupli-Color-...-/320971202366
I remember reading someone else recommend that Honda Starlight Silver before. My L tuned OZ SuperTurismos got curbed and I have not be able to find the exact color or color match they use. OZ claims they don't even know the exact color of their own rims after emailing them I may have to give this a shot, I don't want to be buying a bunch of touch up paint to experiment with only to find out none match my wheel color especially after I have prepped my wheels.
Old 09-08-13, 10:01 AM
corbryant
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
I remember reading someone else recommend that Honda Starlight Silver before. My L tuned OZ SuperTurismos got curbed and I have not be able to find the exact color or color match they use. OZ claims they don't even know the exact color of their own rims after emailing them I may have to give this a shot, I don't want to be buying a bunch of touch up paint to experiment with only to find out none match my wheel color especially after I have prepped my wheels.
I'm looking at a close up of the bright silver OZ STs and holding up the paint and it looks like the Starlight has a little too much blue in it, bringing more of a grey out. If that makes sense. I will say that AutoZone had quite a few Honda shades that were darker and lighter so they might have something good for you. I grabbed several bottles and went outside with them and held em' up next to a wheel in the sun. Duplicolor does a really good job at getting the label color the exact color the paint dies to -- however, if it's metallic, the label won't really show the sparkle you see but it will have a "MET" designation after the color name. So if the wheels have any metal flake in them at all, go with a metallic, if they don't -- don't. But color wise, you can trust the label...on silver at least.

And of course OZ won't tell you what color they used (I absolutely guarantee it's a OEM factory color from one manufacturer or another) because they want your *** to buy a new wheel. LOL

Last edited by corbryant; 09-08-13 at 10:11 AM.