Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-13, 03:50 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by IneednSC
This may be a dumb question but how did you guys break into detailing? I wash and I guess you could call noob detail my car but I want to do it professionally to my car and maybe get good enough to charge people....idk what it is about it but I love seeing something dirty and then you spend time and sweat with attention to detail and it turns out like new lol maybe a little ocd but I could polish every piece of metal on my car every day. Any books or online guides you guys recommend?
http://autogeek.commerce-search.net/...&x=-608&y=-247
^Check out some of the publications for sale here... also, join the Autogeek Online forums to accelerate your learning.

You can also check out the Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog where there are tons of articles, tips, product reviews, etc. (keep an eye out for some articles by me in the near future... I just became an author, but have yet to contribute )
Old 10-14-13, 09:07 AM
IneednSC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
http://autogeek.commerce-search.net/...&x=-608&y=-247
^Check out some of the publications for sale here... also, join the Autogeek Online forums to accelerate your learning.

You can also check out the Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog where there are tons of articles, tips, product reviews, etc. (keep an eye out for some articles by me in the near future... I just became an author, but have yet to contribute )
Man that is so much info I love it! I was up until this morning reading lol hopefully I can order some supplies and post pics on this thread.....quick question about seasons its has cooled down a lot here and I was wondering during cool cloudy days or winter time do you save a full detail until summer and just do winter care?
Old 10-14-13, 10:16 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by IneednSC
Man that is so much info I love it! I was up until this morning reading lol hopefully I can order some supplies and post pics on this thread.....quick question about seasons its has cooled down a lot here and I was wondering during cool cloudy days or winter time do you save a full detail until summer and just do winter care?
Glad your taking the time to read and do research! It will accelerate your skills/abilities drastically!

All of my personal vehicles are coated with premium paint coatings, therefore they only need basic maintenance to keep them clean and never require waxing or sealant. I typically do not work on customer vehicles during the winter months as many products do not work the same in particularly cold environments... ie coatings are usually not meant to be applied when it is freezing out.

Most people resort to rinseless washing in the winter since you can do it in your garage and it is quick and easy. Here is a great article on washing your vehicle in the winter with Optimum No Rinse.
Old 10-15-13, 07:56 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

I know I already posted about ordering this stuff... but now that it is here I'm going to post another pic

From left to right: Fast Glass Towels, Reflect Finishing Polish, PERL Dressing (Plastic, Engine, Rubber, Leather), CQuartz UK Kit with ReLoad, CQuartz DLUX Kit, and the 2014 Dupont Registry Exotic Car Buyers Guide featuring a full page spread for CQuartz Finest Premium Paint Coating
Old 10-28-13, 08:13 PM
thekhmer
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

man i wish i had more space in my tiny place i would have shelves of detailing items lol they are currently scattered in boxes
Old 11-26-13, 06:50 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got "my order" from autogeek.. apparently I ordered Auto finesse citrus and Optimum Opti-Glass Clean & Protect and not Auto Finesse Crystal and Optimum opti clean...
Attached Thumbnails Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread-photo.jpg  
Old 12-02-13, 08:25 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Some samples to try out from Drew at SON1C Wax.
Old 12-03-13, 07:37 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Some samples to try out from Drew at SON1C Wax.
cool, you know we're going to need a full in depth review when you get a chance... thanx in advance Z.
Old 12-03-13, 07:56 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
cool, you know we're going to need a full in depth review when you get a chance... thanx in advance Z.
Was planning on it! Doubt I'll have a chance to try it out until Spring/Summer though. No real plans to work on any customer cars until the temps warm up a bit... maybe I'll steal a neighbor's car if I'm bored and want to give em a shot sooner rather than later
Old 12-03-13, 08:33 AM
Greg5OH
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/ja...aning-tool-kit

should be here in a few days cant wait to clean my carpets!
Old 12-03-13, 03:53 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Was planning on it! Doubt I'll have a chance to try it out until Spring/Summer though. No real plans to work on any customer cars until the temps warm up a bit... maybe I'll steal a neighbor's car if I'm bored and want to give em a shot sooner rather than later
sounds like a plan...
Old 12-06-13, 07:56 PM
509IS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been MIA for a while. Got EXOv2 a week ago for my lady's RX330 for next spring. Too cold and busy at work to detail right now.
Old 12-09-13, 05:45 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Nice! Be sure to share your thoughts on EXO when you can!
Old 12-09-13, 04:06 PM
kennyD
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Not everything came in today.
Everything arrived piece by piece in the last week.
Even got a little cubby for the stuff.. well, some of it.

Old 12-09-13, 04:55 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

-Riccardo yellow and blue clay bars
-Opti-lens
-P21s gel wheel cleaner
- 2 meguiars spray bottles

Quick Reply: Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread