Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-17, 12:41 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I've been using leather master products for years with great results, but I finally decided to try leatherique.

You won't be disappointed
Old 12-20-17, 08:54 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

I've been using leather master products for years with great results, but I finally decided to try leatherique.

how do you like it, I also used leather masters in the past seems like this is more geared towards older leather and leather thats in bad condition the way it's marketed.
Old 12-23-17, 10:27 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by k20trick
how do you like it, I also used leather masters in the past seems like this is more geared towards older leather and leather thats in bad condition the way it's marketed.
I haven't tried it yet. I probably won't try it for a couple more weeks.

I was given this soft99 H-7 coating yesterday. It's made by the same company that makes fusso and supposedly last 1 year.
Old 12-24-17, 08:19 AM
k20trick
Instructor

I haven't tried it yet. I probably won't try it for a couple more weeks.

I was given this soft99 H-7 coating yesterday. It's made by the same company that makes fusso and supposedly last 1 year.
Dang the whole markets getting saturated with these new coatings nowadays I remember the fusso lasting 1 year and people praising it for it's durability, if this is anywhere near that Im sure it'll be great.

Let me know when you have time for samples, I was debating on trying the leatherique but then decided to stick to my favorite Wolfgang. I can provide you samples too it works pretty good too.
Old 01-09-18, 01:52 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I picked up a Zephyr polishing kit to freshen up my wheels. It's been 3 years since they were last polished, so they were starting to look dull.

This was after 1 pass of the polish and cleaned off with carpro eraser (this is a must to get off all the residue)

It's obviously not as nice compared to the work that my polisher does, but for $30, I have no complaints.
Old 01-14-18, 07:09 PM
k20trick
Instructor

I picked up a Zephyr polishing kit to freshen up my wheels. It's been 3 years since they were last polished, so they were starting to look dull.

This was after 1 pass of the polish and cleaned off with carpro eraser (this is a must to get off all the residue)

It's obviously not as nice compared to the work that my polisher does, but for $30, I have no complaints.
Nice kit! Looking good restoring some metal. I was about to jump on a Powerball metal polishing kit similar to that onet, but figured not much metal work was done in my field.

Heres one I had to touch up by hand and my blue metal polish, had to jump up to wire brush on the inside as degreaser and polish with mf wouldn't do anything and kept it microfiber on the outside, all about the details! Makes a huge difference.
Attached Thumbnails Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread-img_1307.jpg   Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread-img_5869.jpg  
Old 01-14-18, 10:57 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Nice kit! Looking good restoring some metal. I was about to jump on a Powerball metal polishing kit similar to that onet, but figured not much metal work was done in my field.

Heres one I had to touch up by hand and my blue metal polish, had to jump up to wire brush on the inside as degreaser and polish with mf wouldn't do anything and kept it microfiber on the outside, all about the details! Makes a huge difference.
It's hard to get consistent results when working by hand. The drill attachments with a corded drill is a must have. I used a cordless Milwaukee drill to do the wheels on my SC. The finish was nice, but not as nice as these Ordens polished with a corded drill. I'll be sticking with the zephyr polish until I can find something easier/faster to work with. I was using mothers billet polish before and the zephyr is cheaper per oz, so that's a plus in it's favor.

Old 01-15-18, 07:17 PM
k20trick
Instructor

It's hard to get consistent results when working by hand. The drill attachments with a corded drill is a must have. I used a cordless Milwaukee drill to do the wheels on my SC. The finish was nice, but not as nice as these Ordens polished with a corded drill. I'll be sticking with the zephyr polish until I can find something easier/faster to work with. I was using mothers billet polish before and the zephyr is cheaper per oz, so that's a plus in it's favor.

Definitely, but it was a small tight space and working by hand was beneficial here.

I dont think its the type of product you use, its more so how you use it. This blue metal polish was almost 7 years old.

Regardless that lip is looking fabulous great job!
Old 01-20-18, 02:44 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Starting to think I have a new favorite brand
Old 01-20-18, 07:32 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Starting to think I have a new favorite brand
Dope man! Looks like someone's obsessed, but definitely not a bad brand to follow. CarPro makes some of the top products in the industry imho.

Same goes for Meguiars, Griots, and Optimum.
Old 01-26-18, 12:04 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Dope man! Looks like someone's obsessed, but definitely not a bad brand to follow. CarPro makes some of the top products in the industry imho.

Same goes for Meguiars, Griots, and Optimum.
Yeah, it's easily becoming one of my favorite brands. Eraser was the 1st product I tried from them, then hydro2, but the product that convinced me to buy their entire lineup was Essence.

Picked up some meguiar's supreme shine towels based on 97-SC300's recommendation
Old 01-26-18, 06:14 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Yeah, it's easily becoming one of my favorite brands. Eraser was the 1st product I tried from them, then hydro2, but the product that convinced me to buy their entire lineup was Essence.

Picked up some meguiar's supreme shine towels based on 97-SC300's recommendation
Great choice on mf those are one of the best imo but dont last very long after the first wash.
Old 04-03-18, 10:18 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Spring almost here time for a one step touch up. Been three years since my last correction. Paint just have minor scratches and love marks. So this should work out great with yellow Rupes pad.
Old 04-08-18, 10:59 AM
Aleximus
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got these toys and products to assist in keeping the vehicle looking proper.
The following users liked this post:
Woffski (12-28-20)
Old 04-10-18, 10:23 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Chemical Guys strikes again

Quick Reply: Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread