Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Looking to do some interior detailing - any product recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-13, 01:59 PM
AndyS12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to do some interior detailing - any product recommendations?

I have a 2011 ES 350 with Nav that I'm thinking of doing some interior detailing on. There are some light scratches on the plastic/vinyl(?) trims and the leather is slightly discolored from wear.

I was thinking of using Meguiars gold class leather cleaner/conditioner for the leather parts but I've heard mixed reviews since the ES seats are not pure leather (semi-aniline). I have no clue what to use on the plastic(?) trims/parts in the interior though, the scratches is mostly on the bottom driver side door and the glove box covering.

What are some products that you can recommend? Thanks!

Edit: Attached a few images, leather and plastic discoloration (2 and 3) and glovebox/door scratches (1 and 4).
Attached Thumbnails Looking to do some interior detailing - any product recommendations?-glovebox_scratches.jpg   Looking to do some interior detailing - any product recommendations?-leather_discoloration.jpg   Looking to do some interior detailing - any product recommendations?-plastic_discoloration.jpg   Looking to do some interior detailing - any product recommendations?-sidedoor_scratches.jpg  

Last edited by AndyS12; 07-24-13 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-24-13, 06:00 AM
detailersdomain
Former Sponsor

can you take a photo of the scratches.
Old 07-24-13, 04:06 PM
AndyS12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by detailersdomain
can you take a photo of the scratches.
I attached a few pictures above, any help would be appreciated!
Old 07-25-13, 08:11 AM
detailersdomain
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sujacob
I attached a few pictures above, any help would be appreciated!
those are pretty scuffed up. you can use 1z einszett deep cleaner followed by a dressing however it will only hide them and eventually come back.
Old 07-25-13, 12:04 PM
AndyS12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by detailersdomain
those are pretty scuffed up. you can use 1z einszett deep cleaner followed by a dressing however it will only hide them and eventually come back.
I figured there wasn't much I can do with the plastic, how about the leather discoloration? Do you think Meguiars gold class leather cleaner/conditioner is too strong, or will it work?
Old 07-25-13, 08:12 PM
ntwrkguy1
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've used a lot of Meguiar's GC leather cleaner over the years. It's not too strong.

I don't have the semi-aniline seats in my '03, but have had success cleaning my seats with a 6:1 mix of water and Woolite.

Can you post a pic of the seats?
Old 07-26-13, 04:55 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Like Phil said some 1Z Einszett will be a good one to use. I use Blackfire Interior Dressing myself and love it but 303 Aerospace Protectant is a huge favorite of detailers.
Old 07-26-13, 08:18 PM
AndyS12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1
I've used a lot of Meguiar's GC leather cleaner over the years. It's not too strong.

I don't have the semi-aniline seats in my '03, but have had success cleaning my seats with a 6:1 mix of water and Woolite.

Can you post a pic of the seats?
The seats are okay, just regular wear. It's more for the leather pieces on the doors as those are starting to discolor.
Old 07-30-13, 08:40 AM
1Clean06IS
Pole Position

I'm in a similar situation the best you could hope for a cleaning the surface and minimize the defect visibility. I use meguirs gc leather clean and condition and meguirs quick interior detailer.
Old 07-30-13, 04:00 PM
AndyS12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1Clean06IS
I'm in a similar situation the best you could hope for a cleaning the surface and minimize the defect visibility. I use meguirs gc leather clean and condition and meguirs quick interior detailer.
Yeah I've been using the quick interior detailer for the vinyl, it works for the scratches but they show back up in a few days . I bought the gc leather cleaner/conditioner yesterday, hopefully I'll have time to work with it this weekend!
Old 07-31-13, 07:47 AM
redoctane
Driver School Candidate

for leather go with the letherique, and for the the vinyl/plastic go for the 1z cockpit if it wont get rid of the scratches/scuffs try stoner's shine spray but dont use to much very litely