Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Anybody use Dr. Beasley's car care products?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-13, 01:28 PM
jimster716
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anybody use Dr. Beasley's car care products?

I tried a search but found nothing relevant.

I know they're pretty well known for products specific to matte paint finishes but wondering if anyone has used the Dr. Beasley's line of wash/wax products.

They're not cheap so any testimonials would be helpful. $88 for just the prep compound, wax, and applicators. If not, I guess I could play guinea pig. LOL

http://www.drbeasleys.com/wax-kit.html

Old 07-16-13, 06:43 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Never heard of them...

Is your car a matte finish, is that why you are asking? Or are you just looking for a good product recommendation?
Old 07-16-13, 01:19 PM
jimster716
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Never heard of them...

Is your car a matte finish, is that why you are asking? Or are you just looking for a good product recommendation?
No, my paint isn't matte but I guess they're well known for high quality products for matte finishes. I was wondering if this expertise and quality went into standard car care products as well as their products also aren't cheap. At that price point it might be safer to stick to Zaino.
Old 07-17-13, 08:41 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

While Zaino tends to be popular among consumers... you'll find there are much more widely used and received products by professionals. In fact, I would say that it is very rare to find professionals using Zaino products... with that being said, I will add that I have never used any Zaino product, so I cannot weigh in on their ease of use or results.

Nevertheless, there is no harm in branching out and trying new things - you never know what you could be missing.
Old 07-31-13, 10:58 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

I've used Zaino exclusively and it has always been my top choice. During the warmer months, most Saturdays you could find me applying at least 2 coats of the polish in my parent's driveway. Once you learn how to apply the polish it's all uphill from there. The more coats you apply, the deeper the shine gets and with the accelerator there is minimal waiting to reapply another coat.

I once was pulled over by a Sherrif and when I asked what I had done, he said nothing but he had to find out what I used on my car to make it shine like it did at night. He said he had never seen a car that was so clean or shined like that. It was hilarious.

Once you've built up the layers, nothing sticks to the car. Everything rolls right off or wipes off. I just purchased my 2011 IS 350 a couple weeks ago and Saturday I am spending Saturday Zainoing my car. I can't wait!!
Old 07-31-13, 12:16 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I saw this in a store, but don't remember where. Try it... You may like it.