Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
Old 12-15-14, 05:23 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Cleaning and Detailing Guides
Print Wikipost

Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-13, 08:25 PM
ntwrkguy1
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere

I'm a long-time user of Poorboy's Spray & Wipe. I've been using it for nearly 9 years now, and absolutely love it. It's the one thing that's always in the trunk of my GS430.

So when Meguiar's launched their "waterless wash" a few months back, I figured I would give it a try. I've been using Meguiar's products forever -- my first exposure to the line was 1980, and I've been detailing ever since. They definitely have some great products in their arsenal right now, so I figured that this would be one as well.

Pros: You can use it anywhere, as the name implies. As with the Poorboy's product, I can use it in direct sun, which I love. These products work quite well in the sun, as a matter of fact. Another pro is that it leaves behind a layer of hydrophobic wax, so your car still has that "just detailed" look when you're done (provided, of course, that you've detailed the car correctly).

Cons: I can't get anyone at Meguiar's to confirm/deny whether you can dilute this product. It's pretty pricey for a 26oz bottle ($14.99 at AZ as I recall), and it would help if you could cut it with water. I cut the Poorboys typically at a 3:1 ratio, so a little goes a long, long way. The other con is that they don't have a pro version in a 64/128 oz. size, which would help bring the cost in line.

I've been happy with the results, but the cost is simply too great when you use it as often as I do. It's great being able to clean the cars without having to breaking out the hose, bucket, etc.

I'm curious to see if anyone else has used it, and what your take is on it.
Old 03-13-13, 09:21 PM
509IS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never tried neither but Im pretty sure you can dilute it. Have you tried Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine or Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax ? 1 oz makes 2 gallons. They come in 32 oz bottles, so that makes about 64 gallons. There's rave reviews everywhere about ONR and it doubles as a quick detailer and clay lub with the right dilution. Its about $16 for the 32 oz and for $40 you can get 128 oz for more savings. IMO try it lol.
http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html
http://www.autogeek.net/no-rinse-wash-and-wax.html
Old 03-14-13, 07:38 AM
ntwrkguy1
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have used ONR before, and it works well. I like using Poorboy's when I'm on the road because you don't need two buckets -- just spray it on and wipe it down.

Spoke to someone on the Meguiar's hotline today that said you could dilute their product, but it was not recommended. Not sure if that's because they want you to use/buy more of it (likely....haha) or whether you would be changing the chemistry of the product by adding more water to it (less likely).
Old 03-15-13, 11:55 AM
ashley1977
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1
I have used ONR before, and it works well. I like using Poorboy's when I'm on the road because you don't need two buckets -- just spray it on and wipe it down.

Spoke to someone on the Meguiar's hotline today that said you could dilute their product, but it was not recommended. Not sure if that's because they want you to use/buy more of it (likely....haha) or whether you would be changing the chemistry of the product by adding more water to it (less likely).
Only thing that I don't like is the smell, other than that it works pretty well!
Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere-dsc04962.jpg
Old 04-07-13, 11:53 AM
sc4jms
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wash and wax

Originally Posted by ashley1977
Only thing that I don't like is the smell, other than that it works pretty well!
Attachment 276215
looks like you and i use the same stuff. i use mostly all meg products. works well.the wash and wax is very helpful when you jus dont have time bring out the buckets. the smell however doesnt bother....my .02