Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Super small crease!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-02, 11:18 PM
NEO GEO
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool super small crease!!!!!

Ok here goes, i have a very very small shallow crease on top edge of one my front fenders and i mean small. the only way to see it is to look down the side of the car from the side. i didn't notice this until i got the car home from buying it, and i think it probably was done sometime in time when the car was owned by the preveious owner. maybe even when serviced ( liked someone leaned over the fender) to service the motor. i heard the lexus dealers have a independent person come and fix these kind of dents or creases with no body work being done. i also heard that they use nitrogen for the process is this true? if anyone here knows how to fix this without screwing my paint up i would really appreciate it. Thanks, Joe :eek:
Old 12-16-02, 11:47 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look in the Yellow pages for Paintless Dent Repair.
Pick their brains. Get a free quote.

Or look into the DingKing.

Last edited by Daddy-O; 12-16-02 at 11:48 PM.
Old 12-17-02, 01:52 AM
NEO GEO
Driver

Cool

Thanks i will, but i wonder if anyone here try this paintless dent repair? as for the dent king i thought of that but since it's so small i wonder if it would do anything?
Old 12-18-02, 04:09 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

The guys around here are called DentPro and yes, my Lexus dealer uses them and I had three or four small dings taken out while my car was in for service, including two in the roof (don't ask). From what I have seen, results are exactly as advertised. Panels are straight and you can't tell where the dents were. I am not sure what technology they use but I know they have to get access to the opposite of the dent. The Lexus mechanics removed and reinstalled the headliner, the dent guys just did the dents. While not cheap (around $400 in my case) it is cheaper than a conventional body shop and there is no worrying about matching paint. All in all, pretty pleased.
Old 12-18-02, 05:30 PM
NEO GEO
Driver

Thumbs up

Thanks RON430, for the info. i was told by other people that when the job was done you couldnot tell the area had a ever been dented. now that i know and getting more confirming reports i'll get mine done in the spring.
Old 01-17-03, 02:21 PM
spyderbw
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Paintless Dent Repair

sp sp sp

I had a tea spoon sized dent with a crease left for me on my month old GS 300, and was very upset. Through research on the net, I found "Superior Dent Removal", who happen to be the manufacturer of paintless dent repair tools as well instructors of this art. I
called and made an appointment with Alex (an instructor), for repair of my dent. He removed it within 20 minutes, using my car as a hands on lesson in front of new students. Excellent results!!!
Call them @ 888-992-3464, or 800-641-6729. They can set you up with one of their dealers ( or may be you'll be lucky like myself, and have one of the masters make the remarkable repair. This cost me $65.00. Mention you are a member of Club Lexus, and will post them and your dent repair results and I'm sure they will treat you likewise. Tell them Wayne with the silver "GS" sent you!!
Old 01-17-03, 09:12 PM
NEO GEO
Driver

Thumbs up

Great deal SPY, i'll have to give them a call in the sring cause my baby is in hibernation for the winter. unless they make house calls! yes i heard they do some interesting work and it's amazing the things they can do without messing up the paint. thank you for the lead. NEO-GEO
Old 01-20-03, 01:27 PM
FlyLexus
Driver School Candidate

I just used paintless dent removal on two super small dings on my driver's side door. To do it, the guy took really thin rods with hook-looking things on the end...and with "a hundred tiny pushes", they literally massage the dents out. Plus, like said above, it only took about twenty minutes, and he did it for $50 cash!!
Old 01-20-03, 01:53 PM
NEO GEO
Driver

Thumbs up

Thanks FLY for the responce, i'll definitly be getting it done in the spring if not sooner. you had super small ones like mine, hardly noticeable but still there. NEO GEO