Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Calling Black Cars

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-13, 08:15 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Calling Black Cars

I just used turtle wax black detailer spray... Simple and fast product to use. I found that i got better results spraying the cloth instead of spraying directly on the car as directed. Pulled out almost all the swirls in the paint. It shines and looks wet. Easy to tell when you missed a spot cause the cloth wont slide smoothly until its polised off.

Highly recommend for anyone with black paint.
Old 01-18-13, 09:55 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Pulled out almost all the swirls in the paint.
Pulled out or filled in?
Old 01-18-13, 10:02 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Filled in lol ... I was lil excited typing earlier.

Last edited by MikeFoxx; 01-18-13 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-20-13, 08:09 PM
RickL87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stay away from any and all turtle wax products. lol
Old 01-20-13, 10:22 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i use the nano hydro express as a quick detailer. i only use it after every 2 or 3 washes.
Old 01-21-13, 10:07 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RickL87
I stay away from any and all turtle wax products. lol
Why? Not that i favor the brand its actually the first time i've ever used any of their products. I got great instant results with this product. just curious why u stay away from them.

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i use the nano hydro express as a quick detailer. i only use it after every 2 or 3 washes.
I was actually looking for that but havent come across it yet.
Old 01-21-13, 11:53 AM
mat305
Driver School Candidate

I used turtle wax a few times, it works great if you are quick. If you let it set to long, forget it. Almost impossible to get off.
Old 01-21-13, 03:00 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
Why? Not that i favor the brand its actually the first time i've ever used any of their products. I got great instant results with this product. just curious why u stay away from them.

I was actually looking for that but havent come across it yet.
Phil @DD has it in stock... i'd highly recommend it. makes the car slick and it gives it that wet look.
Old 01-21-13, 09:45 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dislike all fillers but I do prefer certain QDs over others. For me, it is all about slickness and the smell, which is why I prefer Optimum Instand Detailer since it smells like bubblegum and also has a darkening affect on dark paints. Super slick as well on a nicely polished surface
Old 01-22-13, 07:55 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I would highly recommend Chemical Guys V7 spray sealant - it is great.

As far as "filling in" your swirls... just have them corrected and then take care of your paint! No amount of product will ever produce as much depth, clarity, and gloss as properly corrected paint topped with premium products!

^Fully corrected (in November), coated with 22ple VX1 Pro Coating (in November), and V7 (after each wash) = amazing depth and gloss.

Enjoy

Last edited by zmcgovern4; 01-22-13 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-22-13, 10:18 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Wow that looks amazing. Clearly im a newbie on this detail game... The more u guys chime the more im realizing i need to read up in this section of CL. I appreciate the fact that u guys explain why not and what you use instead of just flammin me up.
Old 01-26-13, 02:45 PM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

If you like spray wax, try Meguiar's Quick Spray Wax. I recently started using it and am very pleased. It doesn't give the glassy look that 22PLE gives but it does make the black paint look deep and thick.

Last edited by 1111GS; 05-22-21 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-26-13, 03:04 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4

As far as "filling in" your swirls... just have them corrected and then take care of your paint! No amount of product will ever produce as much depth, clarity, and gloss as properly corrected paint topped with premium products!

^Fully corrected (in November), coated with 22ple VX1 Pro Coating (in November), and V7 (after each wash) = amazing depth and gloss.

Enjoy
i have a storage container full of CG products. i have 2 gallons of Hybrid V7. i used to use it after Blacklight apps. i'm also a fan of Jetseal 109. now i'll pull out a gallon of V7 and put it in a spray bottle to use after i wash her and do a comparison between the V7 and the Nano Hydro Express. thanx for the tip i have the 22ple applied also so i'm anxious to see how it turns out with the V7.
Old 01-26-13, 03:32 PM
Acer
Lead Lap

I use a lot of fillers polish like glaze on my black GS after a wash
.I paint corrected a few times and the swirls come back.
Old 01-26-13, 06:20 PM
MXT4life
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4

Enjoy
I second this. I love chemical guys products haha the hybrid v7 is a great post wash spray that just enhances the finish of your paint. Ive tried the turtle wax black products and it just wasn't cutting it. Imo it just seems like they made a black spray that blended with the paint. Also Meguiars UQD worked pretty well for me.

Wax wise I just tried the new chemical guys black wax and its very good stuff! For a cheaper wax from CG id also recommend Pete's 53 Black pear wax

Quick Reply: Calling Black Cars