Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

what is the best leather cleaner product out there ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-16, 03:38 PM
nomods4me
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default I love this Meguir's foam

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Meguiars-G11...IAAOSwZAtXJjzG

I've used this for quite a while and it really keeps the leather soft and prevents the drying out and cracking that is so common
I think that they have quit making it so if you want it you need to buy some soon
Old 08-27-16, 11:52 AM
JackSr119
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the rest of the interior ?

Old 02-22-17, 01:18 PM
jedtfd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, this is my first post. I have just bought a 2015 RX350 and the interior is tan. the front seats seem to have a blueish stain on the seat part. What would be the best way to clean them. I had the vehicle detailed and they didn't get them clean. Thanks for any help.
Old 02-22-17, 07:26 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jedtfd
Hi, this is my first post. I have just bought a 2015 RX350 and the interior is tan. the front seats seem to have a blueish stain on the seat part. What would be the best way to clean them. I had the vehicle detailed and they didn't get them clean. Thanks for any help.
Welcome to the forum.

I'd recommend Leather Master Strong Leather Cleaner first. If that doesn't remove the stain shift to Leather Master Dye Transfer Cleaner. Finally, to prevent future dye transfer staining, I'd recommend a leather protectant like Leather Master Leather Protection Cream. For specifics on how to use these products search out some of my leather care posts.

Here is one: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...ml#post8869151
Old 02-27-17, 12:26 AM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

I can also attest to Leatherique, my old GS I cleaned regularly with meguiars, lexol, and other common brands, and they do remove new dirt well, but I didn't even realize how dirty my seats were until I used leatherique, my interior was black so it could be hard to tell, but before they were very glossy looking, after leatherique they had a nice matte finish like new leather and the creases got much better, you can Kindof see in the first pic how glossy they were the second two are after leatherique when I sold the car with about 230k,

Haven't tried it on my Gs460 yet because I'm not sure if it should be used on perforated seats with the air conditioning feature.
Old 04-04-17, 12:16 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

A steam cleaner is what I use if things are really dirty. I picked up "Leather Only" at the dealer, it's ph balanced. Works quite well. Many other good products out there.
Old 04-11-17, 09:38 PM
vital
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where can I buy the genuine Lexus leather cleaner and protectant?
Old 04-12-17, 05:41 AM
atoyota
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vital
Where can I buy the genuine Lexus leather cleaner and protectant?
Have you tried a local Lexus dealer? I don't think you'd be able to buy it retail other than at the dealer.
Old 04-13-17, 02:42 PM
aw001
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

they stopped selling them. Those are not formulated to be used on perforated leather as per the part manager i talked to last week.
Old 04-13-17, 10:13 PM
vital
Intermediate

Originally Posted by aw001
they stopped selling them. Those are not formulated to be used on perforated leather as per the part manager i talked to last week.
Leather Master Strong Leather Cleaner and Protectant formulated to be used on red leather?
Old 04-14-17, 05:46 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by vital
Leather Master Strong Leather Cleaner and Protectant formulated to be used on red leather?
Short answer... Over the past several years, I've used these product on many types of leather, perforated or not, real or synthetic, all colors with no issue. It is a good practice to do a test spot with any product you use for the first time in an inconspicuous area to be sure you are not going to have issues. FWIW, these products also work well on leather upholstered furniture in the home. Also, the LM leather Protection Cream can avoid leather stains and dye transfer where typical leather conditioners cannot. There are other leather protectants available but I've little experience with them. Once I find a product that works well for me, there is little incentive to explore other products.
Old 04-15-17, 08:23 PM
vital
Intermediate

So I was at the Lexus Parts department today and asked the sales guy if they still carried the Genuine Lexus Cleaner and Conditioner because I liked the scent and he said it's discontinued but it's the same product as the Mothers Leather Cleaner and Conditioner which they should be carrying.

I didn't get it since the Mothers Leather Cleaner was out of stock and they only had the Conditioner. Anyone know if this is true or how well the Mothers product work?
Old 04-16-17, 09:27 AM
troyhuynhv
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have grey leather and haven't found anything I loved yet
Old 04-16-17, 11:06 AM
mdbrown
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by troyhuynhv
I have grey leather and haven't found anything I loved yet
What have you tried?
Old 04-18-17, 09:23 PM
g0tem
Driver School Candidate

Ive had good results with zaino z9 and z10 but it was on a newer car. Havent used it on seriously worn leather though

Quick Reply: what is the best leather cleaner product out there ?