Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

New member, lexus employee

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-12, 05:17 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusNN
There is a certification process where you take online tests for all different models, paint, detailing, etc. Once you pass the tests you are certified. Then you go to classes and you eventually recieve senior certified and then more classes and three years with lexus you are master certified.
I didn't know that either. I guess my dealership is not training too well as they swirled my car when they touched it.

During one oil change they spilled some oil on the fender and the mechanic wiped it up with a dirty shop rag while I watched. I was livid and let the service manager know I was PO'ed. He offered to wash and polish the car and when I got it back the whole car was swirl city. This was on the Savannah color so if it were black it would have been a total disaster. Ever since, I've been placing "DO NOT WASH, do not clean the interior and do not dress the tires." signs in my car when in for service. I explicitly inform the service writer that the car is not to be cleaned or detailed in any way.

I'm happy to hear that Lexus has this program though and will speak to my dealer about who they have who is master certified to touch my car.
Old 03-03-12, 07:31 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

LexusNN, welcome to the family-you'll definitely learn a lot here. There's a ton of knowledge, as well as D.I.Y. stuff. Make sure you check out the "STICKY" at the top of the page. Chances are if you're thinking about doing something, some one has already tried it. GL, and enjoy your stay!
Old 03-30-12, 02:56 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What does LEXUS use to treat tires?

Or is it their own product vs all the various Armorall types out there??? thanks in advance!
Old 03-31-12, 11:30 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dctex99
Or is it their own product vs all the various Armorall types out there??? thanks in advance!
Our dealership has gone through three different types in the past couple years. The other guys have moved to some sort of pink spray. I like the tire gel from Zep. We use a lot of Zep products.
Old 03-31-12, 01:23 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

ZEP has a tire gel? No joke?

I definitely recommend ZEP when it's applicable. I really like their citrus degreaser (diluted 1:4) and the ZEP purple is very nice on dirty tires and wheel wells 1:4. Plus it's super cheap and can be purchased locally at HD.
Old 03-31-12, 06:31 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

yep, i like Zep products. It is called Brilliance Tire Gel