Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction System

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-11, 05:15 PM
72offsuit
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction System

Over weekend bought the wife a Lexus GX 460, she of course picks black, why not, she only drives it, knows I will keep it looking good. At delivery it is as expected, swirl city, she picked the one on the showroom floor, had Michelins vs Bridgestone, like that choice but that means dealer has touched the vehicle, arg, my OCD is flaring already. Pretty much what we have seen many times, nothing too bad, just lots of light swirls, water spots,etc. Washed, clayed and decided to use both steps in the Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System. Did test panel and got lots of hazing, did not over use D300, in fact only put 4-5 pea size drops to start, I know to clean pad, etc. Just could not get it to finish down well at all. D301 finishing wax helped but still not what I had hoped for. Got very good results on my silver Targa with just finishing wax, no swirls, so I did not use D300. Is Lexus paint very soft? My first time working on one. I don't think I am doing anything wrong, but I have been wrong once or twice in my life, zero times since married, lol. Anyway switched to white pad and Menzerna Super Finish followed by Swissvax Concorso and got much better final result. Any thoughts?

Old 09-20-11, 01:01 PM
embolism
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MF was designed to be used on factory OEM paint. Any chance panels were repainted? Did you run your DA slower ~4-4.5 and clean with air or bug sponge after every panel? MF system for some reason also doesn't play that well with the Flex DA's. That's all I can think of.

Lexus paint is pretty soft and DAT polishes with foam seem to finish down better than SMAT. If I used the system at all on a Lexus, I would use the D300 and cutting pads then finish with no cut foam and 106FA.
Old 09-20-11, 01:36 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

In the 20 or so vehicles I've used the MF system on so far, four, including my own, were Lexus. I've also had good results on repainted vehicles. I've had excellent results on all of them and wonder why you're seeing different results. Which DA are you using and at what speed? I'm still stunned at how fast the correction is done. Easily half the time that I needed using foam.
Old 09-21-11, 04:00 AM
72offsuit
Driver School Candidate

Ran G110v2 on 4 for D300, truck is new. Clean pad religiously after each panel. Results seemed hazy to me, wonder if ISP wipe would have helped. Was trying to do easy fix given the size of truck and thought the Meguiar's would be perfect. Had used successfully on other vehicle. May try again on one panel over weekend. Thanks for the responses.
Old 09-21-11, 04:13 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus

I don't know much about the Microfiber correction system, but I will say that the Menzerna and Swissvax combo looks magnificent on that GX

BTW never been wrong since married? lol Perhaps we are witnessing a first
Old 09-21-11, 06:21 AM
72offsuit
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TripleL
Welcome to Club Lexus

I don't know much about the Microfiber correction system, but I will say that the Menzerna and Swissvax combo looks magnificent on that GX

BTW never been wrong since married? lol Perhaps we are witnessing a first
That's my story and I am sticking to it. Just kidding, thanks for compliment. Truck is very nice, a behemoth, bit much for me to do a 1-day wash, clay, polish and wax, in the end satisfying when you see the results.