Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

California Water Blade

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-02, 08:06 AM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default California Water Blade

I actually saw one of these used on a dark green Lexus SC a couple weeks ago. It was pretty impressive. I'm not quite sold yet for my Black RX 300. Anyone use this?

Here's the Ad:
"The Original California Water Blade is NOT some ordinary squeegee with a fancy handle. Utilizing a unique molding process, the oversized blade is manufactured from one of the softest materials on the planet. It molds itself to almost any contour, and the exclusive T-Bar edge collects the water and sweeps it off in just one pass. The blade is so soft and pliable that it glides over any surface and has 15-times less friction than a terrycloth towel! You never have to worry about The Original California Water Blade scratching even the most delicate paint."
Attached Images  

Last edited by Daddy-O; 09-18-02 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-18-02, 10:22 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have 2

I use them on my black GS, and I think they really work. I usually wash the car twice to make sure I have not left any surface dirt (that would be bad using a CWB). I then wash off the blade as well, even though I try to store it in a Ziploc bag to keep it from getting all cruddy and dirty.

In theory I like the fact that I am not continuously rubbing with a terry towel to dry the car, but at a certain point you need to use a towel because the water blade doesn't always get all locations (I have a big and a small one) If it was doing damage to my paint I guess I would see straight lines up and down my hood as a result, but I don't I do see some swirls from the time the ****ING idiot detailer used a buffing wheel after I requested a hand wax only, but otherwise no problems. Kind of like the clay bar though...make sure the surface is clean, and the CWB is clean and you should be fine.
Old 09-18-02, 10:48 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You wern't in MI were you?

I have a dark green SC and I've used the CWB for a while now, it's great! I 2nd what Johnny Mo said, make sure your car and the blade are very clean before using. It has cut my towel usage way down.

The guys at autotopia don't like it becase you can drag dirt across your paint, but if both the blad and the car are clean it seems to be fine on the paint.

Overclocker
Old 09-18-02, 11:47 AM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: I have 2

Originally posted by Johnny Mo
If it was doing damage to my paint I guess I would see straight lines up and down my hood as a result....
That's what I immediately started looking for. I was leaning and squatting, trying to look at the paint from every angle. I'm interested because of the acreage on the roof of my RX.
Old 09-18-02, 12:05 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used one all the time on my Black GS...no problems whatsoever...works great...saves time and towels...which saves sheep...or something...

I always wash mine before I use it though....
Old 09-19-02, 12:16 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These do work great, have been using mine for the past 6 months now and don't need to use a chammy or towel, no water spots and very quick.