Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

What is the Best Wax+Sealant for starfire pearl ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-11, 08:07 PM
bluethx
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is the Best Wax+Sealant for starfire pearl ?

So... it is getting close to summer and the snow is almost gone where i live. I am planning on doing a full detail of my IS but i am fairly new to this, so i was wondering if anyone with a starfire pearl car can recommend a wax and sealant combo, which will give me a really wet shine. I know the prep work is the most important thing for detailing, so you don't need to remind me about that. Any suggestions would help! Cant wait to break my back while i clay the hell out of my car.
Old 04-09-11, 08:08 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

i got some detailing supplies for sale if you are interested. PM me.
Old 04-10-11, 06:15 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd go with the Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant and the Dodo Juice Diamond White Hard Wax. The Power Lock lasts for months, it looks fantastic and applies with ease. The Dodo Juice Diamond White was designed specifically to make light colors like white look overly glossy. Dodo Juice waxes are also known for their exceptional protection and tight beading. The combination should look amazing and protect for months. We offer 10% off on both if interested with the coupon code 10offCL.

Greg @ DI
Old 04-10-11, 08:35 PM
embolism
Lead Lap

you could also try topping the Powerlock with Collinite 915
Old 04-10-11, 09:28 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by bluethx
So... it is getting close to summer and the snow is almost gone where i live. I am planning on doing a full detail of my IS but i am fairly new to this, so i was wondering if anyone with a starfire pearl car can recommend a wax and sealant combo, which will give me a really wet shine. I know the prep work is the most important thing for detailing, so you don't need to remind me about that. Any suggestions would help! Cant wait to break my back while i clay the hell out of my car.
Is Starfire Pearl a white color? If it is white there is a sealant that is known to look particularly good on white cars called Jeffs Werkstatt. You normally get the Prime and then Acrylic Jett for added gloss. It is not that common and a can be a little fussy in application/removal if you use too much but it is very good and people report looks great on white cars.

The best durable long lasting waxes and sealants are Zaino, Collinite, Blackfire Wetdaimond, Klass, and a few others I can't think of. Poorboys Natty's Blue Paste Wax is a very good carnuba that is pretty inexpensive but it does not last long.
Old 04-10-11, 10:33 PM
bluethx
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to do some research in the products you guys listed. Oh and it is for Starfire Pearl White.
Old 04-11-11, 05:12 AM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look no further then at our Blackfire Wet-Ice Over Fire Shine Kit! It works on all paint colors and will give a super sharp wet look that will last up to 6 months!

http://www.properautocare.com/weovfishkit.html
Old 04-11-11, 07:10 AM
ebenz315
Rookie

Are these products ok to use over the IBEX protection system? YES I fell for it. lol
Old 04-11-11, 08:27 AM
embolism
Lead Lap

Is IBEX the dealer sold stuff? What does the product say about topping it?
Old 04-11-11, 09:04 AM
ebenz315
Rookie

Originally Posted by embolism
Is IBEX the dealer sold stuff? What does the product say about topping it?
Yes it is...the environment protection stuff (fading, peeling, acid rain, bird dropping etching, etc) ...we were told no waxing is needed for a certain amount of time, I forget how long now, I will check...but for a brand new car, I just don't feel comfortable NOT waxing.

I read through the entire contract, and I don't see anything that voids the warranty...I will double check when I get home.

What would you guys do?
Old 04-11-11, 11:37 AM
Todd@ProperAutoCare
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ebenz315
Yes it is...the environment protection stuff (fading, peeling, acid rain, bird dropping etching, etc) ...we were told no waxing is needed for a certain amount of time, I forget how long now, I will check...but for a brand new car, I just don't feel comfortable NOT waxing.

I read through the entire contract, and I don't see anything that voids the warranty...I will double check when I get home.

What would you guys do?
I would read the fine print of the contract first. Most of the time you have to bring your car in every 6 months to a 1 year for reapplication or the warranty is void. This is because the coating is often sub-par.
Old 04-11-11, 12:22 PM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have to agree with Todd on this one.....I wouldn't worry about voiding that warranty because it would be a minor miracle if you complied with the contract so that you could ever be reimbursed anything. I would kiss that $$ goodbye and try to take care of your paint gong forward.

Trying to find the best product for your car depends on so many things. Trying to identify the "best" product is like asking what is the "best" car? If you are not claying, polishing, and waxing your car a couple of times a year and just want to wash it and have it look great while protecting your paint I would suggest looking into Optimum OptiCoat. IMO the longest lasting wax is pretty much hands down Collinite (Collinite 845 is the easiest of the Collinite products to use). Sealants are much tougher to say which is "best" but if you are not experienced I would recommend something that is very easy to apply.

Remember that proper prep and polishing is the key to making your car look its best....not the sealant or wax you use. Any wax or sealant will look good to great if your car is properly prepped.
Old 04-11-11, 01:45 PM
ebenz315
Rookie

I actually attempted claying my mom's 99 RX300, just for the fun of it...didn't have much luck...what's the secret?

What's your recommended exterior care schedule? I live in the North East, so I'm concerned about snow sand and salt in winter, and sun in summer.
Old 04-11-11, 03:02 PM
ebenz315
Rookie

Originally Posted by Todd@ProperAutoCare
I would read the fine print of the contract first. Most of the time you have to bring your car in every 6 months to a 1 year for reapplication or the warranty is void. This is because the coating is often sub-par.
Just room a look at the contract. Only requires reapplication if the surface is re painted, or altered. I wonder if waxing counts as altering....
Old 04-12-11, 09:30 AM
Todd@ProperAutoCare
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ebenz315
Just room a look at the contract. Only requires reapplication if the surface is re painted, or altered. I wonder if waxing counts as altering....
I wouldn't think that waxing would constitute altering the surface, but it is best to check with provider.

With coatings you are generally purchasing a warranty, and some manufacturers may look for any excuse to void the warranty should you make a claim on it.

Todd

Quick Reply: What is the Best Wax+Sealant for starfire pearl ?