Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Good site or is there better product?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-10, 03:21 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Good site or is there better product?

I was wonder do you guys think this site(link below) has good products and if so, is the prices on par for the PC kits they are selling. Looking for polishing kit soon and need advice. By the way, is it me or do the live chat lady at the top of the page look like Sara Pal...?

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/
Old 04-22-10, 03:35 PM
Pmach
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Autopia is one of the bigger detailng sites out there but there are several more.
Autogeek
Detailers Domain
Detailed Image
eShine (Canadian)
Proper Auto Care

All very good/reputable stores listed above. That's just to name a few off the top of my head.

Last edited by Pmach; 04-22-10 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-22-10, 04:50 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Looking for a Sale? look no further, we have a great Meguiar's Sale going on right now and we are a vendor here at Club Lexus. Take a look here : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...rketplace-118/
Old 04-22-10, 06:29 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope you will also consider looking at Detailed Image as we are a site sponsor and we offer 10% off most items with coupon code 10offCL (doesn't include kits, tools and sale items). We have several great Porter Cable 7424 XP kits on our site, that I recommend you check out.
DI Packages Porter Cable 7424XP 6.5" Basic Kit
DI Packages Porter Cable 7424 XP 6.5" Starter Kit
DI Packages Porter Cable 7424 XP, Meguiar's Polish and Hydro Pads

We are also running a sale on Pre-Polish products like shampoos, clay bars, clay lubes, etc. check out the entire list of Sale Items here. Additionally we ship to DC in one business day with regular FedEx Ground or FedEx Home, so you'll get an order super fast.

If you need any help selecting products we take great pride in providing unbiased advice to best meet your needs. Please feel free to PM or e-mail us with any questions. Thanks for the post and we look forward to hearing from you!

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 04-23-10, 07:14 AM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Autopia is great...but with all the excellent sponsors here, you're not going to find a better place for info. And we'd all appreciate if you kept your business within our club to show your support
Old 04-23-10, 11:12 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Go with the flex 3401 or the GG (Griot's) machine. 3401 has forced rotation and the GG is the best bang for the buck!

Koz
Old 04-23-10, 12:49 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks guys for your help. I will decide in a couple of days what product i need but when i do, i will keep it in the CL family. I have 05 LS w/Mercury Metallic and ash interior. Not sure how glossy you can get silver paint but i will try lol. Want to get the best possible shine on the car as possible. Goin to start fresh from the beginning steps so any advise would surely be helpful. Thanks!!!
Old 04-24-10, 10:44 AM
GlisTech
Former Sponsor

There are a number of sponsors on the forum that offer a myriad of polishing products. From the PC to the Flex, from Menzerna to Meguiars polishes, you have a lot of options available. They are all effective, I think that the real key is to look into the different products and packages that are offered and see what best fits you and your budget.

Every sponsor is going to offer competitive prices on everything as well, so see what works best for you.

We personally sell the Flex polisher, it is a prosumer level product designed to fit the needs of everyone from the professional detailer to the weekend enthusiast. We offer it in a package with pads and Menzerna polishes to give you a complete polishing solution.

My biggest recommendation is to search the forum, this particular topic has been covered extensively so you have a lot of available information out there to help you with your decision.

Good luck!
Old 04-24-10, 03:47 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Slvr surfr
I was wonder do you guys think this site(link below) has good products and if so, is the prices on par for the PC kits they are selling. Looking for polishing kit soon and need advice. By the way, is it me or do the live chat lady at the top of the page look like Sara Pal...?

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/
while that might be a decent site, you should give our vendors an opportunity for your business. they support our forum and keep it free for us. they also will take out the time to answer any and all questions you may have and that is priceless imo.
Old 04-25-10, 12:31 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

i've found the sponsors to be cheaper or about the same price as other websites. plus they answer your questions.
Old 04-25-10, 12:59 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Slvr surfr
Thanks guys for your help. I will decide in a couple of days what product i need but when i do, i will keep it in the CL family. I have 05 LS w/Mercury Metallic and ash interior. Not sure how glossy you can get silver paint but i will try lol. Want to get the best possible shine on the car as possible. Goin to start fresh from the beginning steps so any advise would surely be helpful. Thanks!!!
I usually suggest doing a full detail 1 - 2 times per year where you really clean, polish and protect the paint. In between you can wash and protect the paint as desired. We usually recommend re-applying the sealant every 3 - 4 months at a minimum for complete protection. I'll outline a full detail below. First off I'd like to suggest two kits to you that both contain some of my favorite polishes and buffers. Both offer a great value and will go right with the detail I'll outline below.

DI Packages Flex XC 3401 VRG, Meguiar's Polish and Hydro Pads

Wash/Dry

Clay Bar - helps deep clean the paint and leave it ready for polishing
DI Packages DI Clay Bar and Clay Lube Combo

Polishing - the most important step in restoring a shine and the primary reason to get a buffer.
The M105 and M205 from Meguiars I listed in the two kits above are excellent polishes and a great value. Both buffers will work great working these polishes in. The Flex works better but cots a bit more, either way you'll make a huge improvement.

Sealant - now protect the paint and enhance the shine with a quality sealant.
Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant (April Special) - looks great, applies with ease and is very durable

Wax - As long as you have a sealant a wax is optional. If you want more protection and gloss you can layer a wax on top of a sealant.
Poorboy's World Natty's Blue Paste Wax
Chemical Guys 50/50 Limited Series Concourse Paste Wax

If you have any questions or if you'd like additional recommendations please let me know!

Greg @ DI
Old 04-26-10, 08:01 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg@DI
I usually suggest doing a full detail 1 - 2 times per year where you really clean, polish and protect the paint. In between you can wash and protect the paint as desired. We usually recommend re-applying the sealant every 3 - 4 months at a minimum for complete protection. I'll outline a full detail below. First off I'd like to suggest two kits to you that both contain some of my favorite polishes and buffers. Both offer a great value and will go right with the detail I'll outline below.

DI Packages Flex XC 3401 VRG, Meguiar's Polish and Hydro Pads

Wash/Dry

Clay Bar - helps deep clean the paint and leave it ready for polishing
DI Packages DI Clay Bar and Clay Lube Combo

Polishing - the most important step in restoring a shine and the primary reason to get a buffer.
The M105 and M205 from Meguiars I listed in the two kits above are excellent polishes and a great value. Both buffers will work great working these polishes in. The Flex works better but cots a bit more, either way you'll make a huge improvement.

Sealant - now protect the paint and enhance the shine with a quality sealant.
Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant (April Special) - looks great, applies with ease and is very durable

Wax - As long as you have a sealant a wax is optional. If you want more protection and gloss you can layer a wax on top of a sealant.
Poorboy's World Natty's Blue Paste Wax
Chemical Guys 50/50 Limited Series Concourse Paste Wax

If you have any questions or if you'd like additional recommendations please let me know!

Greg @ DI
Great advise above!

I use the Flex 3401 with Meg#105 and Lake Country orange flat pads for light/med cutting and/or follow up/finish with the Meg#205 and the Lake Country white flat pads. The Meg Ultimate Compound is also a great over the counter product for light cutting/polishing. As far as synthetic sealants the Meg # 21 is a great bang for the buck and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant is amazing. DP's Max Wax is a very good/reasonable carnauba while Pinnacle Soureran (Black and Red cars) and Wolfgang Fuzion are breathtaking.

Koz
Old 04-29-10, 08:50 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Great write ups DI