Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

What brand and type of bonnets do you use (random-orbit buffer waxing)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-10, 10:01 PM
gandro
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What brand and type of bonnets do you use (random-orbit buffer waxing)

To those who use a random-orbit buffer when waxing your car, what brand and type of bonnets do you prefer? I don't want to trust the cheap terrycloth ones at Walmart or even Pepboys.
Also, is there any advantage to using those foam applicators (for wax) or is it fine just to apply wax with a microfiber cloth.
Thanks
Old 03-02-10, 06:34 AM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gandro
To those who use a random-orbit buffer when waxing your car, what brand and type of bonnets do you prefer? I don't want to trust the cheap terrycloth ones at Walmart or even Pepboys.
Also, is there any advantage to using those foam applicators (for wax) or is it fine just to apply wax with a microfiber cloth.
Thanks
Foam applicators are truly the way to go. Cotton bonnets are too harsh compared to a soft foam waxing pad. You'll also get a more even application using a foam pad.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...-Red%2C/Detail
Old 03-02-10, 08:03 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally do not recommend using any bonnet on any buffer. I just think the overall concept is not apart of any high quality detailing routine. I think you would be much safer if you use foam buffing pads or just a hand application. Additionally I always remove the excess product by hand with a microfiber towel for safety. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Greg @ DI