Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

How would you apply Opti-seal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-09, 03:51 PM
Tchan1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How would you apply Opti-seal?

Just wondering if anybody have any experiences with Opti-seal and how would you apply it? Also, would you apply it before or after wax??
Old 06-24-09, 04:03 PM
edwinbong
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have not used this, but from my understanding many people stand by this. it is a sealant where it is a spray on walk away kind of deal. many people swear by it, and makes it seem worthy to try. im sure chris will chime in and give his 2 cents. i would give this a try but there are so many products i haven't even unpacked yet so this will have to wait.
Old 06-24-09, 05:08 PM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Yep, I have tons of experience with it. I absolutely love it. Super fast application and really looks great. As mentioned, you apply it, then simply allow it to evaporate. A whole vehicle only takes about 15 minutes to complete You can layer it too if you'd like. Just give it a day between applications. Also, you can use it on wheels too as a wheel sealant

Apply it w/ the yellow foam applicator thats included w/ each bottle. Prime the pad and then each subsequent spritz on the pad should give you enough to do something around a 2x2 area. Use the same motion as any other wax. Small, circular motions and thin layers! If you apply it too thick, you'll notice that it wont evaporate. Not really a big deal as it cleans up w/ a swipe of a microfiber towel.

If you wanted to use it in conjunction w/ a carnauba, I would put it on first, however, its been proposed that you can certainly use it on top of glazes and waxes as well.. just not how I'd do it.

For anyone not familiar w/ the product in question, heres a link: http://glimmerglassdetailing.com/opop.html
Old 06-24-09, 09:53 PM
Tchan1
Pole Position

Cool, thanks alot. I will be detailing my car once I get the product from you. I ordered the opti-package with the new porter cable 7424xp. I can't wait!
Old 06-24-09, 10:35 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Opti-Seal vs KSG... Which is better in durability and better gloss?
Old 06-25-09, 01:32 AM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tchan1
Cool, thanks alot. I will be detailing my car once I get the product from you. I ordered the opti-package with the new porter cable 7424xp. I can't wait!
Anytime bro! I'm sure you'll really enjoy everything!

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
I sold my klasse stuff before I ever used it, so I cant give a personal comparison unfortunately. I can say that I've always been very happy w/ both the durability and gloss that OS provides though.
Old 06-25-09, 08:11 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
I'd give a slight edge to the Klasse High Glosse Sealant Glaze (HGSG) for both categories. The HGSG is super durable but is not particularly easy to work with. You MUST apply this product very thin so the removal is not too difficult. The HGSG also has a really nice deep shine to it. For sealants you generally won't find a product with a deeper gloss to it. I really do love the Optimum Opti-Seal though and would probably use this product more because of the ease of use and very good results. Again with the Opti-Seal you can just let it dry so no removal is necessary. The Opti-Seal applies even thinner only needing about .5 ounces per coat on a regular sized car.

As always we offer 10% off on these products with the coupon code 10offCL. Let me know if you have any other questions or if you would like a sealant recommendations based on your needs. Take care!

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 06-26-09, 07:10 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

I used the Klasse Twins for about 4 years and personally doubt if there is much that will outlast about 3 layers of KSG. Although there are countless stories of how difficult KSG is to use, I NEVER had any problem with application. However, many have had terrible problems. IMHO, there is no comparison.....use the OptiSeal. I can apply a layer to my GS400 in less than 5 minutes and 1 oz will do the car at least 3 or 4 times. I spray two mists on the MF for the first panel and one mist for each subsequent panel. Wipe on thinly and walk away. It cannot get any easier, looks great, and lasts months. I just apply another layer every month or so after washing because it is so easy. On other cars I have applyed 2 layers (after waiting 24 hrs) and it has lasted 3 months easily and over 6 months on garaged car.
Old 06-26-09, 12:02 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Opti-Seal does sounds like a charm...
Old 06-26-09, 12:45 PM
edwinbong
Lead Lap

optimum products are ones that i will keep reaching for
Old 06-26-09, 03:34 PM
Tchan1
Pole Position

Which wax would be best for my black car? P21s or the Natty blue paste?
Old 06-26-09, 04:22 PM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Tough call. You'll definitely get great results with either. I suppose if I HAD to choose between the two, I'd probably reach for the p21s first, but I honestly do enjoy using both products.
If you need either, heres some links for you
http://www.glimmerglassdetailing.com/p21s.html
http://www.glimmerglassdetailing.com/powopodepr.html
Old 06-28-09, 12:31 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

If you have black paint I would definitely suggest the Poorboy's World Natty's Blue Paste Wax. I think it helps add more gloss and depth to the surface. Natty's Blue is also today's (6/28) Daily Special at Detailed Image which you can see on our homepage. The P21S Carnauba Wax is best on lighter colors like silver. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 06-28-09, 03:33 PM
Tchan1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Greg@DI
If you have black paint I would definitely suggest the Poorboy's World Natty's Blue Paste Wax. I think it helps add more gloss and depth to the surface. Natty's Blue is also today's (6/28) Daily Special at Detailed Image which you can see on our homepage. The P21S Carnauba Wax is best on lighter colors like silver. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Thanks a lot, I will look into that!
Old 10-13-09, 05:30 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While searching for something else, I came across this thread. I winterized my car's paint today and used Opti-Seal for the first time. I know it stated that you can use a simple applicator pad to apply it but I actually used the PC with a blue pad. Looking back, it seems like it may have been overkill to apply it using the PC but the results look good though. I don't know I just figure I throw that out there.

Quick Reply: How would you apply Opti-seal?