Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Mini Review: Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-09, 10:25 AM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jfelbab
As far as looks, I think it has a cleaner, more reflective shine. The original Quik Wax seemed to darken the paint more and look more like a carnauba.

As to durability, I think the new UQW acts more like a sealant. I got 6 weeks out of it and it was still looking good after 5 washings. I did apply it over NXT2.0 though. The car was in Florida and garaged evenings so that's an easy feat for most waxes.

As to protection, UQW leaves the paint slicker and it sheds water and dirt better. The water repelling is quite good.

Application and removal was significantly easier. No streaking and it can even be applied in direct sunlight. This was not true of the old QW.

This product doesn't leave any residue in textured plastic. The old QW would.
thanks for the info. i guess im going to return my bottle of quik wax and get the UQW
Old 03-24-09, 02:40 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

could UQW totally replace NXT 2.0 ?

or use UQW as a booster ?
Old 03-24-09, 03:00 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by kickin8
could UQW totally replace NXT 2.0 ?

or use UQW as a booster ?
I consider it a booster or maintenance product. I apply it over NXT 2.0. Meg's has not said that it can't stand alone but I love it for it's ability to apply and remove in 10 minutes and the way it restores the look and slickness.
Old 06-18-11, 11:05 AM
MelYW
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just applied this today and I like it. Easy to use and looks great.

How many applications have your experienced users do before a full rewax was needed??

This thread originated 2 years ago...is this product still highly thought of?

Last edited by MelYW; 06-18-11 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-18-11, 11:50 AM
jfelbab

Originally Posted by MelYW
Just applied this today and I like it. Easy to use and looks great.

How many applications have your experienced users do before a full rewax was needed??

This thread originated 2 years agao...is this product still highly thought of?
I still use UQW weekly. In fact, I just ordered it in the gallon size. It's called Meguiar's Synthetic X-press™ Spray Wax in their Professional line (about $32). How long this product and process will extend your original wax or sealant depends a lot on the environment your car lives in. I'm 3 months into my last full detail on my daily driver and the paint still feels glasslike. In fact I just used the product this morning.

When bonded contaminants accumulate on the paint and don't wash off, it's time to clay and detail again. Use of a product like this keeps your paint slick and those things that would bond just don't get as good a grip so you don't need to do a full detail nearly as often.

So, yes, I still like the product.
Old 06-18-11, 07:19 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I use it after each wash, particularly the front bumper to make bug removal easier. Works great on door jambs, too.

Combined with Ultimate Quik Detailer between washes makes a great maintenance routine.
Old 06-18-11, 10:45 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

about to pick this up tomorrow since im going to wash the car
Old 06-20-11, 09:28 AM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

throughout the years ive tried some quick detailers after a wash and none of them seemed to make a difference. after hearing all the good reviews I picked up UQW last year and love it! I use it maintain my wax jobs when they seem to be fading a little. I spray on a panal at a time right after a wash and while its wet. So im drying the car and wiping the UQW in at the same time. I have one of the best looking black cars in town.
Old 07-26-11, 01:08 PM
Chow
Pit Crew

what type of towels do you guys use and how many when you are spraying the whole car?
Old 07-26-11, 01:51 PM
jfelbab

Originally Posted by Chow
what type of towels do you guys use and how many when you are spraying the whole car?
I use Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfibers and typically use 2-3 for UQW on the SUV.

I also usually do a UQD with another 2-3 Supreme Shine MF's prior to using the UQW.
Old 08-25-11, 05:10 PM
krschee
Driver School Candidate

a small 60z bottle of UQW came with the Meguiar's clay kit.

just did a quick detail and sprayed on some UQW...looks good so far. will have to see how durable it is. smells like fruit juice!
Old 01-24-13, 07:26 AM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

I was at Walmart picking up a Lexol bottle and decided to pick up one of these. I was using HB but I always had to go back to clean the haze and white residue with QD and/or another wash. I remember always reading good things about this company. I read the instructions on the back and it seems like something I want to try out. Put it on last night... It's cloudy today and can't tell much. But I feel it gives the car a thick deep look which I like. No haze or white residue as they advertised. Can't wait to see how it looks in the sun...

Edit: Stepped out for lunch... looks good and deep in the sun. Just like they advertised it seems to make a black car blacker. No white residue or haze.

Last edited by 1111GS; 01-24-13 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-24-13, 03:14 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how do you guys apply? with a microfiber?

won't this put swirls on the soft black lexus paint?
Old 01-24-13, 05:06 PM
jfelbab

Originally Posted by modthispny
how do you guys apply? with a microfiber?

won't this put swirls on the soft black lexus paint?
This is a WOWO product. (Wipe on wipe off) It is intended to be used on a clean surface. If the paint is clean, it will not induce swirls any more than a coat of paste wax would.

For most of the car I spray directly on the paint and wipe with a mf to apply a smooth even coating then I buff gently with a clean, dry, plush MF towel.
Old 01-24-13, 10:43 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I use both Ultimate Quick Wax and Ultimate Quick Detailer on light and dark colors with no issues.

I do wonder though, how much difference there really is in the two products and think it's probably more marketing than anything else. Nonetheless I use them both which is probably Meguires objective in the first place.

Quick Reply: Mini Review: Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax