Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Mini Review: Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-09, 03:37 PM
mick_foley
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So this stuff is intended to be applied after a routine wash and drying of your car?
Old 02-24-09, 03:54 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mick_foley
So this stuff is intended to be applied after a routine wash and drying of your car?
Provided you have a good base coat of wax on the car already, yes.

Big Mack
Old 02-24-09, 03:55 PM
mick_foley
Pole Position

Thanks. Makes perfect sense now.
Old 02-24-09, 04:55 PM
holYcOO
Pole Position

PICS!!!!! I will be trying this out.
Old 02-24-09, 04:55 PM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i might try this stuff out when i finish my bottle of UQD
Old 02-24-09, 05:15 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by XprincoX
i might try this stuff out when i finish my bottle of UQD
FWIW, this product is not a quick detailer. It is intended for a whole different purpose. This is a product that adds a good deal of protection plus the Meguiars Hydrophobic properties like UQD.

UQD is intended to remove light dust, fingerprints, etc. UQW is a wax/sealant. There are similarities in the application but the UQW in not intended to remove dust and fingerprints. It is designed to be used on a clean car.

I use UQD nearly every day to remove dust, fingerprints and any tree sap, bugs or bird droppings. I use UQW after every wash to refresh my protection and shine.
Old 02-24-09, 05:18 PM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yes i know... just saying i won't be going to the store to buy more detailing supplies till i run out of my spray since its running the lowest.
Old 02-24-09, 07:30 PM
holYcOO
Pole Position

BOOO..haha i just read this thread and bought the wrong one, the UQD and not the UWD. gah. back to the store tomorrow.
Old 03-02-09, 03:54 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty impressed with this product considering that I did not wax my car before winter. I used a Laserwash/Touchless for my car recently and was very impressed after I dried the car with how rich the shine was weeks after I used the quick wax.
Old 03-06-09, 05:14 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jfelbab
I've been very pressed for time the last few weeks so I thought I'd try this after finding it at my local Walmart. This is a WOWO spray sealant. It is so easy, like UQD, with more protection. The product works on hot or cool surfaces and can even be used in direct sunlight. No streaking observed. It has the same Hydrophobic Polymer properties as NXT 2.0 and UQD. It has a really strong aroma but not an objectionable one, kind of like a freshly opened KoolAid package. The aroma fades quickly.

The look is like NXT 2.0, deep, wet and very reflective. It also exhibits the same "gee it looks even better the next day" properties like NXT 2.0 does after it cures. I haven't driven it in rain or washed it yet so no comment on beading but the hydrorphobic properties of NXT 2.0 and UQD are noteworthy and I expect the same from this product. I waxed the SUV in about 10 minutes and I was taking my time. The WOWO method is very fast. This product works equally well on plastic and vinyl trim and doesn't stain plastic or rubber nor does it leave a white residue.

This is another new favorite product for me.
I'm going to get this. Sounds pretty good.. Thanks
Old 03-06-09, 09:44 PM
holYcOO
Pole Position

Used this couple weeks ago and today. I like! Gives it a nice clean shine and the "freshly opened pack of kool-aid smell" description is right on. Spray, wipe, easy. I also think a real wax before will give it the really mirror like shine, but not nessecary.
Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 03-17-09, 03:59 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

thanks for the review....time to get one!
Old 03-17-09, 04:43 PM
jfelbab

Time for a brief followup. It's now been six weeks since I last applied the UQW product and it has held up well. In a rain shower today the raindrops were still flying off of the paint. More and more, UQW reminds me of RainX for paint. By the time I got off the highway the car had blown itself dry and was pretty clean. I washed and reapplied UQW and remembered just how nice this product smells and how easy it is to apply, not to forget the great crystal-like shine.
Old 03-18-09, 04:16 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

how does the ultimate quick wax compare to the regular quick wax?
Old 03-18-09, 04:43 PM
jfelbab

Originally Posted by 5t341th
how does the ultimate quick wax compare to the regular quick wax?
As far as looks, I think it has a cleaner, more reflective shine. The original Quik Wax seemed to darken the paint more and look more like a carnauba.

As to durability, I think the new UQW acts more like a sealant. I got 6 weeks out of it and it was still looking good after 5 washings. I did apply it over NXT2.0 though. The car was in Florida and garaged evenings so that's an easy feat for most waxes.

As to protection, UQW leaves the paint slicker and it sheds water and dirt better. The water repelling is quite good.

Application and removal was significantly easier. No streaking and it can even be applied in direct sunlight. This was not true of the old QW.

This product doesn't leave any residue in textured plastic. The old QW would.

Quick Reply: Mini Review: Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax