Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Painted Tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-08, 07:28 PM
Rob Daddy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painted Tires

I know this title sounds wierd but i have got a serious question. Today while leaving for work some idiot put paint in their trashcan which spilled out on to the street this morning. I ended up driving through it & splattered paint all over the left side of my car. I immediately went to my friend's shop & pressure washed the car and got all of the paint off with no damage to the paint on the car. I took off the wheels tonight after work and cleaned all the paint off that & off of the wheel well area. How do i get the dried paint off of the tread pattern of the tires. This paint i forgot to mention was pink so you can imagine how pissed i am. I pressure washed as much as i could but the paint is on my brand new tires. Any suggestions?
Old 09-08-08, 07:30 PM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

try to spray paint if black or something.
Old 09-08-08, 07:42 PM
jriggs
Lead Lap

on the tread ? a nice burn out and that'll be gone

on the sidewalls gas on a rag should cut it off then spray it down with water to make sure there is no left over gas to dry the rubber. then apply some tire dressing.
Old 09-08-08, 08:33 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jriggs
on the tread ? a nice burn out and that'll be gone

on the sidewalls gas on a rag should cut it off then spray it down with water to make sure there is no left over gas to dry the rubber. then apply some tire dressing.
eagle one all wheel and tire cleaner. 5.99 at autozone. if not that then depending on what kind of paint some paint thinner or gasoline on a rag should do the trick. as far as the tread i wouldn't put any products on there. just let it wear off or if you can just a quick burnout to take a little layer off. as far as fronts, i have no idea haha do a little nascar side-to-side scrub on the highway but not near any cops for certain haha
Old 09-08-08, 08:35 PM
LexFather

Moved here for more help. Thats jacked up!
Old 09-08-08, 09:20 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to the persons house who put the paint in the trash can and make her (its pink) buy you new tires!!!!! and pay for emotional damages!
Old 09-09-08, 05:34 AM
Rob Daddy
Lead Lap

well it is a latex paint
due to the tires being new its hard to get into the grooves
where is that acid rain we keep hearing about?
Old 09-09-08, 06:31 AM
MARINE
Driver

Well the person broke the law by placing paint in a trashcan. It has to be disposed of properly. The idiot has to pay for any damages caused to your property. If you really do not like them... sue them. I would get a police report. As to removing it, all the options above would work.
Old 09-10-08, 12:28 AM
ProfesrLEX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is going to sound stupid but earlier tonight i was wondering about how tires with colored rubber might look. Imagine customizing your own tires to the color of your choice. I cant possibly imagine what other color tires i would have on my car other than black but i could see it looking good on some kind of ricer car. 10 bucks says it will emerge from japan sooner or later.
Old 09-10-08, 11:53 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfesrLEX
this is going to sound stupid but earlier tonight i was wondering about how tires with colored rubber might look. Imagine customizing your own tires to the color of your choice. I cant possibly imagine what other color tires i would have on my car other than black but i could see it looking good on some kind of ricer car. 10 bucks says it will emerge from japan sooner or later.
$20 say it already has happened. BFG tried it some years back with the Scorhcers. Kumho makes one now for colored smoke

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....+Colored+Smoke

Last edited by Debonair; 09-10-08 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-10-08, 12:09 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfesrLEX
lol. you just said something would look GOOD on a RICER CAR.
Old 09-10-08, 03:45 PM
PecosBill
Lexus Test Driver

Try some Westley's Bleche-White
Its specifically for cleaning tires, not sure if it will work on paint, but wouldnt hurt to try
Old 09-11-08, 08:37 AM
MARINE
Driver

Originally Posted by Debonair
$20 say it already has happened. BFG tried it some years back with the Scorhcers. Kumho makes one now for colored smoke

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....+Colored+Smoke

LOL wouldn't work well on an IS250. The tires cannot spin one complete revolution before it takes off They can barely chirp. I take that back! only when its wet outside