Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

NXT on pearl white

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-07, 04:23 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by tod071
I've also heard pretty good things about DP Max Wax. Basically, DP, Wolfgang, and Pinnacle are made under one company, PBMA. DP is the Toyota Camry, Wolfgang is the Lexus ES, and Pinnacle is the LS460 of product lines. I like the Wolfgang line, esp the deep gloss sealant. Although it does not have a wax, I would look at Pinnacle Sig Series II for lighter and metallic colors or DP Max Wax. Outside the PBMA lines, I would take a look at Chemical guys 5050 or Petes 53. I love what the Petes has done to my Neptune Blue Mica and very similar results with the 5050.

I've used the NXT products when I first started detailing with the high-end stuff and they are still sitting in my closet. You can definitely see a difference between OTC and professional products like Pinnacle, Menzerna, etc.
true.....now you are talking about >$50 products vs a $15 bottle. Definitely the >$50 products will give you better results.......

I think for <$20 products, NXT would have the biggest bang for the buck......
Old 06-06-07, 04:32 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Too bad Wolfgang doesn't have a wax (at least not that i Know of). The closest thing they have to a wax is the finishing glaze. I would actually rate the DP Max Wax just below the Sourveran. But for the price, it's hard to beat! Even my buddy's P21S/S100 doesn't have the same depth
Old 06-06-07, 04:35 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kickin8
true.....now you are talking about >$50 products vs a $15 bottle. Definitely the >$50 products will give you better results.......

I think for <$20 products, NXT would have the biggest bang for the buck......
I agree that >$50 products give better results. But best bang for the buck <$20 leaves a few options besides NXT. First, NXT doesn't last long. <1mo from what I've heard. Poorboys Nattys & Nattys Blue (for darker colors) and Chemical Guys have products <$20 and last longer.

I think the OP is looking to try different products and see what results he can get. Don't think price is the deciding factor because he bought PS @ $80/jar. I think the only way to compare is to try it and see the results for yourself. IMO, I would skip the NXT and look into other brands.
Old 07-03-07, 07:52 PM
nrsk4u
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NXT works awsome for me...and 0-so soft!!!
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...0&ppuser=71154

Last edited by nrsk4u; 07-04-07 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-03-07, 09:38 PM
akxx
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

While NXT is often complimented for its looks, it is not known for durability.

For those that really like the NXT look, try topping it with Opti-Seal. This gives you the looks + great durability.
Old 07-03-07, 10:09 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in the heat, with regular washes my NXT that i use on my tahoe lasts about 2-3 weeks. But when its on its looks really good, its just requires atleast one coat a month, but i do that with zaino on the lexus so in reality if you are looking at maintance, they are about the same if you ask me.
And NXT is off the shelf...... and comes in a big bottle.
Old 07-03-07, 10:19 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More expensive products aren't necessarily "better." What is "best" is purely subjective and totally dependent on the individual. The best thing to do is to try the product and form your own opinions. In my experiences NXT is outstanding on lighter colors and metallics. It's easy to apply and easy to remove. I suggest applying a second coat after 12-24 hours. Make sure the surface is well prepped (clay and polish if it needs it). I've gotten good durability in my sunny So Cal weather and it's a sealant that I'll always have in my arsenal. IMHO, Souveran is a great wax but a waste on light colors because it softens the reflections; it can't be touched on dark colors or red though.
Old 07-03-07, 11:44 PM
MShybrid
Pole Position

GSteg
Thanks for the tip on the MaxWax,
I have been wanting to give it a try and a 2 for one deal is hard to beat.
Lloyd
Old 07-04-07, 04:54 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Since the start of this thread i have purchased some more shining monkey products.. I have used them in the past and was real happy with the results so i opted to buy more wax. (already had the polish). I haven't forgotten about the NXT.. I'm still willing to give the NXT a try.. As someone mentioned in the above post is it necessary to buy a sealer? I've never used a sealer on my cars before? What are some of the brands you guys use and what type of durability can i expect from a sealer. I generally throw a coat of wax on the car every 1-2 months to really keep the shine.. The pearl really shines in the sun after a nice coat of wax.. but it is true that a after a few washed the NXT wears off? Thanks
T
Old 07-04-07, 08:43 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

NXT is a sealant. NXT delivers a very wet initial shine that looks wetter and more reflective a day after application as the polymers cure. Some get 2-3 months from NXT and others don't. I suspect much of variance seen here is due to the different preparation steps used. The NXT shine does fall off faster than some other products but it's ease of application and removal and low cost make this a top choice. NXT has slight cleaners that help it to achieve bonding. NXT is designed to be used on new or excellent condition paint. It is NOT a cleaner wax. Your paint should be clayed and polished prior to using NXT if you expect to achieve longer durability.

If you want to compare professional products with NXT go ahead but I'd suggest that you instead make the comparison to Meguiar's Pro products. Meg's #21, Professional Synthetic Sealant is top notch with a wet shine much like NXT and the shine seems to last longer than NXT.
Old 07-04-07, 09:25 AM
Dr.Zeus
Lead Lap

For metallic cars, namely silver, Jeffs Werkstatt FTW!
Old 07-04-07, 10:51 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by jfelbab
NXT is a sealant. NXT delivers a very wet initial shine that looks wetter and more reflective a day after application as the polymers cure. Some get 2-3 months from NXT and others don't. I suspect much of variance seen here is due to the different preparation steps used. The NXT shine does fall off faster than some other products but it's ease of application and removal and low cost make this a top choice. NXT has slight cleaners that help it to achieve bonding. NXT is designed to be used on new or excellent condition paint. It is NOT a cleaner wax. Your paint should be clayed and polished prior to using NXT if you expect to achieve longer durability.

If you want to compare professional products with NXT go ahead but I'd suggest that you instead make the comparison to Meguiar's Pro products. Meg's #21, Professional Synthetic Sealant is top notch with a wet shine much like NXT and the shine seems to last longer than NXT.
So i would use #21 Sealant after i used the NXT? Thanks

Tony
Old 07-04-07, 12:23 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dr.Zeus
For metallic cars, namely silver, Jeffs Werkstatt FTW!
I use Jeff's Werkstatt, the AJT version. It has great shine, is very durable, easy to apply/remove, and is inexpensive (about $15).
Old 07-04-07, 12:25 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm going to polycharge my AJT sometimes this month
Old 07-04-07, 12:31 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
So i would use #21 Sealant after i used the NXT? Thanks

Tony
No. #21 is like a professional version of NXT. You would use one or the other. It is harder to get #21 though as you would need to order it from Meg's or another automotive web site.

It may be available at a Paint and Body Shop locally. Here is a Meg's dealer locator: http://www.meguiars.com/dealerlocator/

I think NAPA might also carry it in some stores or be able to order it for you.

Some online auto care product sites I've used with good results.

http://www.bettercarcare.com/wax.html
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/carwax.html
http://www.meguiars.com

Quick Reply: NXT on pearl white