Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
View Poll Results: 303 Aerospace, OEM Lexus Conditioner, Meguiars Gold Classic, or Zaino Conditioner?
303 Aerospace Protectant
33.14%
Lexus Leather Care Kit
19.53%
Meguiars Gold Classic
18.93%
Zaino Leather in a Bottle
15.98%
Other. Please specify...
12.43%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

303 Aerospace, OEM Lexus Conditioner, Meguiars Gold Classic, or Zaino Conditioner?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-07, 09:33 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

OK, Lexus leather is sealed so no conditioner penetrates, so why smear it on the leather? Do you try and rub oil into glass? I use a 1 to 5 mix of woolite to clean the leather and then use a good UV treatment to help protect. Tell me if I am wrong or missing something here but sealed leather can't be conditioned with these leather treatments.
Old 01-21-07, 02:07 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707
OK, Lexus leather is sealed so no conditioner penetrates, so why smear it on the leather? Do you try and rub oil into glass? I use a 1 to 5 mix of woolite to clean the leather and then use a good UV treatment to help protect. Tell me if I am wrong or missing something here but sealed leather can't be conditioned with these leather treatments.
Maybe because the manufacturer of the leather in our Lexus, GST Autoleather, recommends it.

Automotive Leather Interior Care

GST AutoLeather automotive leather interiors are designed and crafted to look good and stay that way. But like any natural product, leather requires some care to keep looking its best.

Here are a few tips to follow to make sure your automotive leather interior holds its value for the long-term:

Clean up spills immediately.
Don't give stains a chance to set on your automotive leather interior.

Use a mild cleaner.
Choose a mild soap and use water to clean your automotive leather interior. Or use a damp rag or sponge to clean the surface and concentrate on small areas at a time. Don't saturate the leather with water.

Use a leather conditioner.
There are many fine products available that can improve the softness and texture of your automotive leather interior. While we don't recommend any one in particular, we suggest you drop by your local auto parts store for their advice.

Use a foldout sunscreen.
If you live in a hot climate, your automotive leather interior can age prematurely when exposed to excess heat and light. Tinted windows or a foldout sunscreen can help you protect your automotive leather interior.

Use professional detailing services.
If you're like us, you spend a lot of time in your car. Periodically visit your local automotive detailer. They carry products designed specifically for your automotive leather interior not available to the general public.
Old 01-21-07, 05:29 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jfelbab
Maybe because the manufacturer of the leather in our Lexus, GST Autoleather, recommends it.
Are they talking about sealed leather? If it is sealed how does the conditioner get through? Just lookin for the logic
Old 01-21-07, 06:22 PM
jfelbab

Yes, they are talking about coated leather. This leather, while coated, is still porous and the conditioners do penetrate and soften both the polyurethane and the leather beneath it.
Old 01-21-07, 07:00 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Yes, they are talking about coated leather. This leather, while coated, is still porous and the conditioners do penetrate and soften both the polyurethane and the leather beneath it.
Now that is something I did not know.
Old 01-21-07, 09:14 PM
Sardian
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only use Zaino Z-10 (leather in a bottle) for my seats and I really like Poorboys' Natural Look on everything else. Also, Poorboy's Bold and Bright tire shine is great on the tires.
Old 01-23-07, 12:57 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shern
Lexol for leather, 303 Aerospace for everything else. PERIOD!

Steve
303 Aerospace for EVERYTHING, PERIOD! Yup, leather too! Before I bought my pc, my detailer used Lexol and it looks good. But why buy 2 products when the 303 is just as good.
Old 01-23-07, 07:29 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tod071
303 Aerospace for EVERYTHING, PERIOD! Yup, leather too! Before I bought my pc, my detailer used Lexol and it looks good. But why buy 2 products when the 303 is just as good.
So you can use 303 Aerospace to condition/protect the coated leather? I use woolite to clean and it would be great if I could just buy 303 to do everything else.
Old 01-23-07, 10:26 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Max707
So you can use 303 Aerospace to condition/protect the coated leather? I use woolite to clean and it would be great if I could just buy 303 to do everything else.
I've used it to condition/protect. Haven't used it as a cleaner other than light oily skin transfers, but its worked on my GS300, G35 and now my RX400h. I have had no problems with it. No oily residue.

The best part is that I use it on my ENTIRE interiors. Steering wheel, console, dash, shiftknob, seats, compartments. Even the runner piece where you step in the car.
Old 01-23-07, 06:18 PM
jfelbab

I've used 303 on my leather and it certainly doesn't leave that buttery soft feeling the the Lexus Conditioner does. To each his own.
Old 01-23-07, 07:09 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

I've used 303 on my leather and it certainly doesn't leave that buttery soft feeling the the Lexus Conditioner does. To each his own.
I think I will stick with the woolite 1to6 to clean and Lexus conditioner to treat. Seems safer
Old 01-23-07, 09:03 PM
pardo
Pole Position

I been using Lexol for several years, and recently switched to Zaino.
Lexol smell is not very natural leather smell. Zaino just smells buttery leather.
Lexol also leaves the leather a little sticky, at least for a few days.

My vote goes to Zaino.
Old 01-25-07, 08:21 AM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

I was a big 303 user, loved the stuff and still have a big jug of it but I recently purchased the Sonus Perfect Leather Interior Kit from autopia-carcare and it's all I have been using now, great product.
Old 02-02-07, 09:05 AM
2cyl
Driver School Candidate

I just picked up my CPO 2004 GS300 silver/black on Wednesday. The leather is in ver good condition but I wanted to soften up the rear panels a bit. I got the Lexus conditioner and wow what a difference in touch after just one application. I hope to soften it up a bit more in the coming months. Thanks for all the suggestions. i also used 303 protectant on the dash and I really appreciate the low sheen look. very classy.

Question - I have trying to determine which parts of the seat ar not leather, if any. Does anyone know if there are parts of the seat (sides) that are not leather?

Thanks
Old 02-04-07, 01:36 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by 2cyl
I just picked up my CPO 2004 GS300 silver/black on Wednesday. The leather is in ver good condition but I wanted to soften up the rear panels a bit. I got the Lexus conditioner and wow what a difference in touch after just one application. I hope to soften it up a bit more in the coming months. Thanks for all the suggestions. i also used 303 protectant on the dash and I really appreciate the low sheen look. very classy.

Question - I have trying to determine which parts of the seat ar not leather, if any. Does anyone know if there are parts of the seat (sides) that are not leather?

Thanks
So there was a noticeable difference after you applied the Lexus conditioner to your rear panels after just one application. I have been trying to soften my black leather up on my GS and have tried several products including Mequirs leather conditioner which did not do anything, Griots leather conditioner where there may have been a slight difference, and 3 seperate applications of Leatherique followed by Griots conditioner which may have made a small difference but I am still dissapointed. I just got the leather rejuvinator from Griots and will try Leatherique again but will put saran wrap over treated areas which some say have helped. What exactly was the Lexus conditioner, was there a special label or does it have a certain name, what method did you use in applying the conditioner like in heat, with a cloth, by hand, etc?

Quick Reply: 303 Aerospace, OEM Lexus Conditioner, Meguiars Gold Classic, or Zaino Conditioner?