ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Care & Detailing (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/automotive-care-and-detailing-122/)
-   -   Do you use a Car Cover? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/automotive-care-and-detailing/234475-do-you-use-a-car-cover.html)

vassey50 08-23-06 09:48 PM

Do you use a Car Cover?

Just wondering what the numbers are on who uses car covers and when. If you've had some luck with a brand of car cover or type, please let me know because I am in the market for one. Fill me in. Thx Vas

amf1932 08-24-06 05:43 AM

My son bought me a genuine Lexus car cover as a present since I always thought it was a good idea. I never used it......it was too much of a hassle to put in on, and take it off....so I sold it on eBay. LOL :)

lexusk8 08-24-06 05:44 AM

I think this poll/thread is more appropriate for responses in the Detailing forum. I'm moving it there.

abbeyrd 08-24-06 05:53 AM

Car Cover

I use one when I put my SC 430 away for the winter. It is a custom fit Covercraft Flannel cover

Sweetser 08-24-06 07:18 AM

Where can I get the car cover with the lexus logo on the front?

SerKevin 08-30-06 02:54 PM

Being that my IS 250 is dark gray (Smokey Granite Mica to be exact) and I live in Houston Texas... yeah whenever I have the car at work, where I have to park it uncovered in the sun all day, I use a car cover.

I purchased the custom fitted cover from my Lexus dealer and it's great. Very easy to put on and get off.

Did I feel dumb using it at first? Sure. Have I gotten more than a few comments from my co-workers? you bet. Do I give a damn??? Nope. Especially when my car still looks new in a few years! :)

LiLS 08-30-06 05:53 PM

no its to much of a hassle for me

LXBOY 09-08-06 06:48 PM

Yeah I finally bought a cover for my car after doing soem intense resarch and settle on Covercraft Weathershield from Autoanything.com. It is a custom fit also, but is better than genuine Lexus CAR COVER and comes with Five year warranty. The best thing about it is that it is machine washable, and it repels water wya more than the genuine one. Otherwise if u like to see the pics look up under my gallary. LXBOY. I posted pics after i bought it. More questions hit me up.

plex 09-13-06 03:39 AM

My car is literally only driven weekends so the rest of the time it's covered I bought generic one can't remember brand it fit pretty well with the kit. The oem one couldn't fit front bumper side skirts and rear properly.

LXotic 12-04-06 05:28 PM

I have a Lx and an AWD A4 and a 3door garage so I dont really need a car cover.. Whew good 4 me!

JorgeGVB 12-09-06 04:23 PM

I have never owned a car cover, but my RX is garage kept.

PhilipMSPT 12-09-06 05:44 PM

Always garaged at home and at work.

And I don't think I'd ever put a cover on a car in a public lot. It's like a sign that says "Don't touch" -- people will be more likely to touch it...

vassey50 12-10-06 07:25 PM

I dream to have a garage like you guys have. That must be great. I can tell you this, when you don't have one, it sucks, especially in the winter.

V

parula 12-16-06 06:41 AM

Not on the Lexus in a garage but on an older car that is kept outside.

Ltech223 01-03-07 08:02 PM

how much should I pay for a lexus bra and a car cover??????
try to strike a deal :D