Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Cleaning White seatBelts (ecru)????? How????

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-06, 09:10 AM
rclab1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning White seatBelts (ecru)????? How????

Spilled coffee on my white seatBelts (ecru). What is the most productive (strongest) cleaner out there? ( I read a post somewhere here about using some products that will weaken the seatBelt. right now I do not care about that)

I just want my white (ecru colored) SeatBelts to become like new again. Plus the edges are turning blackish from dirt.

please help
thank you
Old 08-10-06, 08:00 PM
rclab1
Pole Position

Default Anyone?

anyone know? input?

no one cleans white seatBelts here?????????

help

Last edited by rclab1; 08-13-06 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-13-06, 04:44 PM
rclab1
Pole Position

Default x2

anyone ??????

posts...............
Old 08-14-06, 05:12 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This has been discussed a time or two, a search would yield those threads...

I think people generally want to avoid this because there's so much liability in seat belts and cleaning them with anything aggressive (acid or alkaline OR solvent based) can easily break them down, and you can imagine what might happen in an accident. I understand what you're saying anout not worrying about it now, but others may be thinking of the big picture and someone owning the car after you.

There's the rub: use something mild, they'll never come clean. Chances are though, using something strong will only work to a small extent, because those type of fibers are made first and foremost for strength, and they are prone to dirt entrapment.

My only suggestion is to use a steam cleaner on them, or have a professional do that. Hot water and maybe Woolite ONLY, no caustic cleaners.

May not clean them perfectly, but it's about the most benign thing you can do and still get SOME results.

Good luck.