Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

At least leave some info if ur gunna dent my car!

Old 04-13-06, 07:13 PM
LadySoarer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At least leave some info if ur gunna dent my car!

O.k. So I went to the store and came back, I always, I mean always Park my car like 30 feet away from everyone else. Its worth the walk if my baby doesnt get messed up. I went home that same day and I decided to wash my freakin car...I get to the passenger side door...I broke down and started crying...Look at my beautiful baby....Let me remind you, I just got her painted in January and this crap happens..Get this before I washed that side I saw someones finger print wiping away the dirt where this lil hater mark was...Made me even more PO'd! All I know is that it was a blue car! Please people...Have respect for others cars, and at least leave a note if ur the one who F'd up someones car..Any pointers on how to fix my lil pink panther?

Old 04-13-06, 07:18 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

ahh sorry to hear about this! I know I'd flip out as well and destroy everything in sight honestly what I'd do is get the whole door repainted because the paint isn't THAT old and it will match 99-100% but that's just me do you still have the paint code? if so you could find a good airbrush artist and have them sand it down and then repaint over it the guy at my work does INCREDIBLE work! he actually matched the pearl white paint on a Lamborghini Gallardo as to where I yes I could not see the difference! do some research on air brush artists aroudn your area or just do the whole door over again, sorry you have to pay for some A-hole's mistake good luck!
Old 04-13-06, 10:42 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Wow that sucks....
Good luck with the fix Lady-S...

Old 04-14-06, 05:48 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That really sucks. It always seems when I park a good distance away from other people some idiot has to park his car in the spot right next to mine and only about a foot away from my car. There are 10 spots on either side of my car that this moron could park in but has to park right next to it. Sorry to see this happen, especially since you just had it painted.
Old 04-14-06, 07:18 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

http://autopia-carcare.com/inf-paint-polish-clinic.html

Scroll down to chip/scratch repair.
Old 04-14-06, 10:47 AM
LadySoarer
Driver

Thanks guys, Its goin to be pretty damn hard to match up Pearl Pink though...
By the way Picus, thanks a lot that lil site helped out..!!
Old 04-14-06, 01:20 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

bastards- no respect- thats why i hate people
Old 11-22-06, 05:16 PM
BAZ
Pole Position

Sorry, not been to this site for ages!
The only time i see red is when some ignoramus pig hits your door, thats what happend to me the very first day i brought my soarer here to TX from the UK. They responded by saying to me "whats the big deal".....jeez i flipped out.Never said sorry, & made themselves scarce! Within six months i had 8 dings on the car, & yes i park way away from people, so yes i know how you feel.
Just saw your pink lexus on another posting, at least you can say it's a one off.
Old 11-23-06, 08:45 AM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
That really sucks. It always seems when I park a good distance away from other people some idiot has to park his car in the spot right next to mine and only about a foot away from my car. There are 10 spots on either side of my car that this moron could park in but has to park right next to it. Sorry to see this happen, especially since you just had it painted.
I do the same as I suspect the majority of us do. I feel that people know the reason you parked your car so far away is so no one will park next to you,but opt for the closer parking spots. I beleive it is the evilness in people that makes them park right next to your car when other spots are available. Sorry to hear about the door dings everybody. On the bright side, if you have a light color, the ding or dings are less noticeable than the darker shades. Pink being on the light side.
Old 11-23-06, 11:42 AM
LexGX
Pole Position

they could have at least the courage to say sorry and try to see if they can fix it. But man...messing it up and tell you whats the big deal? I think i'll be arrested for wooping his A$$.
Old 11-23-06, 11:22 PM
TripleDES
Pole Position

Stores are the worst. You find the most ignorant people with their beaters that they couldn't care any less about. Looks like this is going to become a vent thread. Here's mine. The first time I took my RX out, I parked far away and parked by an island (or something) so the driver's side was all that was exposed. I come out and an idiot parked so close to me that I had to get in through the passenger side. One pet peeve I see all the time is people leaving the carts in the middle of a parking space. Of course, the slightest breeze or just plain gravity will set the cart in motion into the nearest owner that actually cares about their car.

One time, I was sitting in another car in a parking lot and a man parks his cart on my car so it didn't roll away from him. Obviously, he didn't realize I was in the car, because as soon as he did, he pulled the cart away as if he had done it on accident.
Old 11-24-06, 10:02 PM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

One time, I was sitting in another car in a parking lot and a man parks his cart on my car so it didn't roll away from him. Obviously, he didn't realize I was in the car, because as soon as he did, he pulled the cart away as if he had done it on accident. [/QUOTE]

I had the same experience. I was in my girl's Accord, when someone pulled into the spot next to her car, opened the door, and hit her car so hard it shook the whole thing. They obviously did not think that anyone was inside the car at the time (tinted windows), until I opened my door and asked WTF. They didn't blink an eye. So when they went inside the store, they got a nice new key job down the back half of their car. I am in no way endorsing this type of behavior. I was younger and full of alot more rage than I am now. But I did feel vindicated after I did it.