Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

What is the best buffer to buy for a beginner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-05, 06:28 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Default What is the best buffer to buy for a beginner?

I've been waxing my cars for the last few tears buy hand and always wanted to try a buffer but was afraid of not getting the right one or pushing to hard and burning through the paint.

I'm just wondering what type of buffer to get....Brand and what type of pads.... also which ones I should stay away from....

I really don't need a powerful buffer just something thats easy to work with and can get a good shine...................... Thanks tony
Old 05-07-05, 07:42 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
I've been waxing my cars for the last few tears buy hand and always wanted to try a buffer but was afraid of not getting the right one or pushing to hard and burning through the paint.

I'm just wondering what type of buffer to get....Brand and what type of pads.... also which ones I should stay away from....

I really don't need a powerful buffer just something thats easy to work with and can get a good shine...................... Thanks tony
Your best bet is to get a Porter Cable random orbital buffer. You will not have to worry about burning through the paint. I use the Sonus pad swith my PC and have had great success.