Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

What kind of Armoral do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-01, 03:41 PM
Presario
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The meguiar's gell comes off the tires and onto my body panels too easily. Even when i let it dry for over an hour. Also, it is a pain to wipe on. Finally, it doesn't last as long as it says it does (maybe like 4-5 days, not weeks). Smells great through, like grapes or something. So I got tired of wiping stuff on my tires that end up on my body panel so I went and bought Armoral Brand wet tire spray. Dang, so much easier and saves so much time! It takes me 2 minutes do do all four tires. It takes 3 minutes per tire with the gel. The Armoral stuff is really good. Use two coats and the shine is better than the Meguiar's gel. Trust me. I used Meguiar's gel for over two years. The Armoral spray does not get on the panels and rims like the gel does. The gel gets into the treads and sidewalls of the tires and do not dry. When you go on the road, guess where all that excess gel goes? And when that gel goes onto your body panel, it picks up dirt and grime from the road. End result, black spray marks all over your newly washed lexus.

-Andy
Old 07-11-01, 11:57 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Presario
The meguiar's gell comes off the tires and onto my body panels too easily. Even when i let it dry for over an hour. Also, it is a pain to wipe on. Finally, it doesn't last as long as it says it does (maybe like 4-5 days, not weeks). Smells great through, like grapes or something. So I got tired of wiping stuff on my tires that end up on my body panel so I went and bought Armoral Brand wet tire spray. Dang, so much easier and saves so much time! It takes me 2 minutes do do all four tires. It takes 3 minutes per tire with the gel. The Armoral stuff is really good. Use two coats and the shine is better than the Meguiar's gel. Trust me. I used Meguiar's gel for over two years. The Armoral spray does not get on the panels and rims like the gel does. The gel gets into the treads and sidewalls of the tires and do not dry. When you go on the road, guess where all that excess gel goes? And when that gel goes onto your body panel, it picks up dirt and grime from the road. End result, black spray marks all over your newly washed lexus.

-Andy

Presario, thanks for the feedback. I got couple of questions for ya.

The Armoral spray, do you put it on a cloth first and apply it to the tire? I like the gel because it doesn't spray onto your wheels.

Also, how long does your new product last? Hopefully more than a week?

thanks.