Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Zaino Results....

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-01, 12:24 PM
Spartan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Well....
I finally got the Z1, Z2, Z5, Z6, Z7, and Z18 in....
It took a looooong time...
Stripped the car down with Dawn.
Clayed it, and washed it with Z7.
This took a while.....The claybar did work though.....it was worth it in my opinion.
This was the longest process.....it took like 3.5 hours...from the time I started washing to the time I washed again with Z7.
Then I applied Z1. This was hard because I applied very thin coats and it was hard to see on a silver car.
Then I waited about an hour and applied Z5.
I let Z5 dry and removed the coat. The car looked great at this point.
I called it a day then...I was getting pretty tired.
The next day I applied Z2. Then I removed that as well and applied Z6.
The car looked awsome in the garage. I took it out in the sun and I was blinded by the sun against the hood.
I am getting pictures developed and I will post them as sooon as I get them scanned.
I got compliments from a ton of people. I was very impressed with the results.
I dont know if other processes (like Meguiers multi-step) will yield the same results though.
Was it worth the estimated 8 hours I spent?
Well, I think it was. Considering the claying and Dawn steps are not done very often I would do it again.
This is the best I have ever seen my car look. It is silver in color and I can't imagine what a black car would have looked like.
Stay tuned for the pics.
MIKE

Silver 2000 GS400 PE - SRT HFI II + ECU, TC, Tein HAs, and Borla Ovals + a shiny coat of Zaino.
Old 05-21-01, 06:27 PM
infinite007
Driver School Candidate

Default glad you liked it!

It took me around 4 days to completely zaino out my car even though I didnt do the claybar. It's because of all the waiting in between to dry. Well... the car actually looks better now than it did when I first bought it! I didnt know white could look so glossy. well... happy zainoing... it IS worth it.

~manny (aka babygs3)
Old 05-21-01, 07:06 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

I think you guys are crazy.
Old 05-22-01, 04:49 AM
Spartan
Driver

Cool Just try it.....

Bitkahuna....just try it and you will be very satisfied....
MIKE
Old 05-22-01, 09:31 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can now tell my BABE that i am not the only one in this world who is still in the garage late at night "BONDING" with my car.
Old 05-22-01, 03:56 PM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

Try 4:30 in the morning and finishing when the sun rises!!! I am that crazy!
Old 05-22-01, 08:06 PM
LexusPilot

Default Post those pics

I am not as impressed with Meguiar's products as I used to be(since 86). They seem to be going mainstream and not supporting their professional products. I am going to try this Zaino stuff, but I am intersted in hearing from others who have always used multi-step finishies. I know that the results are impressive for the masses of people who use one step products, but how does it compare to other systems where the polishes and cleaners are seperate from the waxes and sealants?
PS I have done many of those marathon sessions finishing up at sunrise. Now, I do one body panel or area at a time. For instance both front fenders after one wash, then the hood and trunk next wash. That way I can take my time on my black paint.
Old 05-22-01, 08:10 PM
LexusPilot

Angry BTW

BTW, how would you feel if after one of those long sessions, you visit your inlaws only to come out and see their cats on top of your car. On top of that my car was so slick that the cats were sliding off trying to get on it and had left big scratches down the side .
Old 05-22-01, 08:21 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

BabyGS3, that is a great idea...actually sounds like fun in the summer weather. I think I will just sleep in real late one day and stay up late cleaning my car, or get up REAL early and wash til the sun rises. I have to try that - i have some Zaino products on their way and if they ever get here i'll do that. They are taking forever to get here!

LexusPilot, as for the cats...they must die!
Old 05-23-01, 12:54 AM
Jazziz
Driver

LexPilot,
I've only used Mothers and Meguiars multi step on our black Civic. IMO there is no comparison to the Zaino products. The Zaino makes the car looks as though I sprayed on a couple extra coats of clearcoat. I'm sold.
Old 05-23-01, 07:46 AM
LexusPilot

Default re: sunset to sunrise

I live in the south, so I have to wash my black cars in the evening. If I wash it during the day the water dries to fast and leaves too many marks. So after washing in the evening, I completely dry it then let it air dry for two hours. This is to get the water out of the seals and joints/gaps so that it doesn't get in my polishes/waxes. That means you have to stay up all night to finish. That is why I started doing one section each time I wash it.

Right now I use swirl remover x 2, show car glaze, then pure carnuba wax.

Where did you guys buy the zaino?
Old 05-23-01, 08:37 AM
Spartan
Driver

Default Where to get Zaino

They have some distributors....
But hte best thing to do is visit WWW.ZAINOBROS.COM and print out the order form and send it in.
You wont be disappointed.
Thanks
MIKE
Old 05-23-01, 10:48 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

LexusPilot, I'm in Little Rock, probably not as far south as you, but we get plenty here too. Gotta be an evening or solid shade washer here also.

I've got a white 99 RX and a silver 01 GS430......both have been Zaino'd; used to use carnuba, though I'll admit the GS had not been waxed yet. I've seen NOTHING like this stuff. Looks like liquid glass.....water beads as small as it does on freshly RainX'd glass. Lots of stuff (like bird crap) that is relatively adherent to normal waxes or polymers mostly runs off!!!! when it hits and the rest just hoses right off!!!!

Another vote for Zaino!!

BTW, I don't have the sort of time some of the other members have.......basically I just have Z1 and Z2'd both cars to this point, which doesn't take that long. And both cars GLOW!!!

I think you'll not be disappointed. Mail order doesn't take long either; sent personal check, apparently Sal is a trusting soul as the products arrived 6 days later so I doubt my check had even cleared yet.
Old 05-23-01, 11:35 AM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yall guys got too much time on your hands!
Your car must look nice though with that much time spent on it!
Old 05-23-01, 01:19 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks to you guys i'll be putting in an order for the full system! i'll tell my mom to rent a car for the weekend in the summer, and Zanio it up!

No more shopping around canadian tire for car washes and things like this, time to zanio!!

i'll do it after exams are over, and i'll have a full how-to and step by step with pics on how the application went, hopefully it will fix the color mismatch of the new body panels that lexus put on the front of my car

now i just need to find out how to clean the headlights.....

Quick Reply: Zaino Results....