Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Zaino Results....

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-01, 01:26 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Sasha - what happened with your problem at the dealer?
Old 05-23-01, 07:52 PM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default washing at night

Washing and waxing at night is the only way I could get to wax my car. It is extremely hot during the day and stuff get's stuck on the car, leaving marks during the day. It is hard, though, to see where you applied the wax during the night. But when daytime comes, the car glows (striking the metallic pearl white paint) in the orange morning sun... it's beautiful!

Sasha, the headlights... zaino has stuff for that too... my headlights were getting a sort of white gunk like hard-water stain... came right off with the zaino "clear plastic polish"... the zaino leather cleaner and moisturizer also work wonders... i've never seen my car looking that great since I bought it. I used to have my car detailed by a "pro" shop... they never got the results I got using zaino.

As for the cats.. yup.. my neighbors have several cats and they love to go up on the GS. especially when it is just waxed! I bought a car cover for my car and leave it on. I realllly want to shoot those damn cats!
Old 05-23-01, 08:23 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Thumbs up

I recieved my Zaino products in the mail today (Z3 polish - wanted to try it since I used Z5 last time, i also ordered the clay bar and the great "leather in a bottle") I didn't have any Zaino car was solution so I had to use my current car wash solution to make a solvent to spray onto the RX for the clay bar. I went right to work today after I got the package.

I washed with dishwashing liquid, used the clay bar (i wash my car so often, that the clay bar didn't have much to pick up. I still noticed a difference though.) I applied the clay bar the washed the car again with regular car wash solution.

Then came the Z2 polish. After one coat of polish (i wasn't going to dare to another coat...that's crazy) the paint was so smooth and flawless. It had the feel of a showroom paint job...exactly what I wanted. The RX has improved gas mileage now that it slips throught the wind so effortlessly...just kidding.

Anywho, I then waxed the RX with my Turtlewax Extreme. Waxing on and waxing off gets really old - quick. This is why only one coat of polish. I love the slick feel of the paint! Oh, i also installed my bumper protector today (the 2001 rear bumper padou). I like the looks - harder to wax around but protects from scratches.

That's all for now, I now need to find a job for the summer so I can buy that wood/leather steering wheel! I WILL have one...just wait.
Old 05-23-01, 08:26 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

LexRX - you were able to retrofit a 2001 bumper protector on your 2000 RX300? If so, how much did the protector cost... my wife has an RX300 and it would be good to put one of those on... to stop the scratches our dog puts on the bumper alone when he jumps up!
Old 05-23-01, 09:52 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

bitkahuna, it'll be the easiest addition to the RX. It is the same bumper pad that is used on the 2001 RX, just an overpriced plastic pad resting on top of the rear bumper same way as the 2001's. It adheres with 3M tape on the bottom - quite firmly too.

I ordered mine at http://www.lexuspartsmall.com
LexusPartsMall wants $68.29 and I didn't see a shipping charge anywhere, but I was charged $9 for shipping - understandable (just wish I had known before hand)

They also have it at irontoad for about $77 or your Lexus dealer stocks them for about $80-100 (i think that's the price, it is more than the other two anyway).

It is OEM equipment and exactly the same as the '01.
Old 05-23-01, 09:56 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

sorry, bitkahuna, meant to post this picture.
Attached Thumbnails Zaino Results....-rx-bumper-pad.jpg  
Old 05-24-01, 05:32 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bit: they guys just changed tons of panels like the hood instead of just changing the front bumper like they said, and they changed the right hand side headlights but not the left hand side so it looks really ugly, they also changed the foglights, we STILL haven't had time to go pay a visit to them, they've probobly forgoton about it, i wish my mom wasn't so busy... if only i was 5 years older.... they'd be sorry....