Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

shining monkey products

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-04, 06:17 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up shining monkey products

wanted to share some good results , no let me correct this , some outstanding results i have had recently with trying and now using the shining monkey products.

i had rec'd a full detail kit and to start off , the pkging is nice , the pic of the monkey reminds me of curious george.

now , i have a 99 gs400 in black onyx and those who know , know that our paint is a single stage with clear mixed with the paint so we all know how hard it is to keep swirls away on this type of black.i am always cautious about using new stuff on it but upon the great advice of FREELANCE (and i trust his judgement for hes the definition of car junky) i tried it.

first i used their own car wash, smells like bubble gum . the car wash works great , much more suds then the turtle wax and kit brand washes . but the most amazing thing is , the wash rines off much easier and leaves no streaking esp on the glass which is a pain to clean after drying.as the droplets dry they seem to resist water marks so thats already a plus for the black.

next i used the micro polish which really cleaned the surface of minor deposits and hairline scratches. goes on like butter and removes just as well.

next i applied the hand glaze and ohh boy the depth of the black came shinning through, again very easy on and off with no res or yellowstuff to contend with.

and lastly applied their wax and thats what impressed me the most. you can actually see how its sealing in the finish for with other products when removing the wax i could see it smear for awhile until i buff it out with multiple micro fibers but this one did not req it , once i applied it , let haze for a moment i was able to remove with very little effort then run my finer across the paint and saw no oily residue..

the tire shine product is a work of art , no spitting or looking like you drove through a puddle of crisco oil just a very natural shine that seems to just last. what truly amazes me about this product that when i wash the car and wash the tires they reatin the look as if i just applied the product , it really bonds to the rubber instead of jsut glossing on top of the rubber.

i must say , these products have taken my breath away and when i park next to my friends zo6 vette (and his is black on black with the same ssrgt3 wheels) you can literally see the diff in the depth of the black and the gloss. his car is a 2004 model and is nt daily driven .

guys check out their websight at shiningmonkey.com and consider trying their products , it worked well for my black ride which is daily driven (but not for much longer for boost is on the way)
Old 12-22-04, 02:35 PM
mcv30
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets see some before and after pictures

In addition, the product sounds promising