Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

How do YOU apply Lexol to your leather?

Old 08-15-04, 04:25 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts
Default How do YOU apply Lexol to your leather?

Just wondering what everyone's tips and techniques are for applying Lexol cleaner and conditioner to their interior. Thanks alot!! ~R
Old 08-16-04, 05:47 PM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ron, I used to use Lexol a few years back, and what I would do is apply it to a slightly damp white cotton rag, let it soak an hour or so, then buff well with a dry cotton towel or undershirt. I've read that some like a warm (damp) rag, aided by the microwave. Avoid getting it too hot though.

Seemed to work well for me. I still use that approach if I use the Zaino leather stuff or even the Meguiar's conditioner. I have been cleaning with Woolite lately FWIW, and conditioning with the other 2 products most recently. Nothing wrong with Lexol though.
Old 08-16-04, 09:04 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You want to make sure your leather is clean before applying the conditioner. So if its a little dirty, try using a leather cleaner first.

Then using a soft towel, rub the conditioner on the leather and let the leather soak up all the goodies from the conditioner. Then you can buff out the leather using a clean towel.

I've used Lexol and its really good. I ordered some Zaino "Leather in a Bottle" so I will try that out see how it works.
Old 08-17-04, 11:16 PM
bunmango
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I personally clean the leather with a Woolite/water mixture and a brush first - I find that it works better than the Lexol cleaner. I then spray some Lexol conditioner onto my hand and work it in with my fingertips, letting it sit for about an hour or so before buffing off with a microfiber.